Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this normal??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stainofmind
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Is this normal?? Reply with quote

I am kind of new to forums. SO this is my questions, is it normal for threads to be locked just because of arguments? Or is it normal for the moderators to ban certain topics? I am really curious about this, because the only other forum I belong to never locks posts and never censers us (except for launguage.)
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loaded question. Let the mod-bashing begin!
stainofmind
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mean to start anything, really! I asked the same question at my other forum too!!! I am just really wondering if its sort of an internet standard or if its only happening here! Sorry.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, in all fairness, it depends on the type of board, the audience and the moderator's unique set of what's acceptable or what's not.

Take offtopic.com for example. The forums there are more strict on letting new users in. (you have to go through a probation of sorts... it's no big deal) This is to weed out some users who are only joining to cause trouble.

Here, I think the main objective is to maintain intelligent speculation and conversation about any subject. Some may think that the moderators here are against Cassieiswatching speculation... but that issue has already been solved by the creation of separate forums (inside this one, as well as uncensored Cassie forums found elsewhere). But I digress.

I'm not into attacking mods, I don't hate the mods, though I have expressed disapproval about issues... that's why they are here. To solve concerns and unacceptable behavior (arguments, inappropriate language, etc.)

ok, sorry, I rambled.

<3 Danielbeast <3
stainofmind
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for explaining. It makes sense. Really, I was just curious because Im kind of computer dumb, and I dont get around on the internet too much. I can imagin how hard it is to make those calls, Mods, so thank you.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We try to not lock threads just because of arguments, but we do try to lock them when it appears that both sides have presented their arguments fully and neither seems willing to back down. Since, this often just leads to flaming and insulting a poster instead of their argument, or people just continue to repeat themselves over and over again. We just want to keep this place friendly; we encourage debates, but will try to stop arguments before they become needlessly heated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: