Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New vid: The Equinox. [09-22-06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been over the boards again and again. However, it is hard to keep up with everyone.

My next suggestion: Has anyone considered Discordianism, or elements of discordianism in Bree's religion?

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Discordianism

Quote:
Discordianism is a modern, chaos-based religion founded in either 1958 or 1959. It has been described as both an elaborate joke disguised as a religion, and as a religion disguised as an elaborate joke.

-According to the Principia Discordia, POEE is "a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs who are intrigued by Eris goddess of confusion and her doings." Furthermore it states that "POEE subscribes to the Law Of Fives of Omar's sect" and "POEE also recognizes the Holy 23."
-The belief that "order is true" and disorder is false or somehow wrong, is the Aneristic Illusion. To say the same of disorder, is the Eristic Illusion.

-Discordianism as a religion
While it is unclear whether Discordianism was originally intended to be taken seriously, a number of its members are still active in the Discordian Movement and consider themselves to be practicing Discordians. While Discordianism is separate from modern neopaganism, a number of neopagans have incorporated elements of Discordianism into their beliefs

It would seem like we are being played by the creators. (In any other situation in life, I would be frustrated and angry. However, I enjoy this confusion.) Reality and truth are mixed up in this LG15 world. The truth is false, yet at the same time, true. It is a world of discord, indeed.

I'm sure I'm way off, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
I have been over the boards again and again. However, it is hard to keep up with everyone.

My next suggestion: Has anyone considered Discordianism, or elements of discordianism in Bree's religion?

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Discordianism

Quote:
Discordianism is a modern, chaos-based religion founded in either 1958 or 1959. It has been described as both an elaborate joke disguised as a religion, and as a religion disguised as an elaborate joke.

-According to the Principia Discordia, POEE is "a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs who are intrigued by Eris goddess of confusion and her doings." Furthermore it states that "POEE subscribes to the Law Of Fives of Omar's sect" and "POEE also recognizes the Holy 23."
-The belief that "order is true" and disorder is false or somehow wrong, is the Aneristic Illusion. To say the same of disorder, is the Eristic Illusion.

-Discordianism as a religion
While it is unclear whether Discordianism was originally intended to be taken seriously, a number of its members are still active in the Discordian Movement and consider themselves to be practicing Discordians. While Discordianism is separate from modern neopaganism, a number of neopagans have incorporated elements of Discordianism into their beliefs

It would seem like we are being played by the creators. (In any other situation in life, I would be frustrated and angry. However, I enjoy this confusion.) Reality and truth are mixed up in this LG15 world. The truth is false, yet at the same time, true. It is a world of discord, indeed.

I'm sure I'm way off, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Exclamation I was waiting how long it would take for someone to figure it out Exclamation
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law,

OK, I did some peeking through my 777, Liber ABA, Liber 418, and the Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie (as well as a clever little enochian program I have on my pc) and came up with this:

When I added the *path* numbers up, I came up with a good giggle - 93, the number of THELEMA.

VEH - 31
DON - 29
FAM - 17
UN - 16

Interesting, but maybe a clever way to say "Hi". It's a traditional Thelemite greeting, a shortened way to say "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

BTW aenigmatron, FAM's value is 7, not 10. That would be GRAF. That would make it 413. Another possibility is that we're missing a letter or so. Maybe a TAL, which would make the gematria equal to 418, or ABRAHADABRA, the word of the Aeon (and the first word in chapter III of Liber AL).

Here's a possible scenario that may play out, supposing that we *are* missing the last letter. The ceremony may be to bring about the Child of the Aeon, as prophesized in Liber AL.

"Then will I lift her to pinnacles of power: then will I breed from her a child mightier than all the kings of the earth. I will fill her with joy: with my force shall she see & strike at the worship of Nu: she shall achieve Hadit."

- AL:III 45

Unlikely, of course. But it would explain why her parents won't be at the ceremony. Not many parents, even Thelemite parents, would want to see their daughter being bred to bring out the Anti-christ. Smile However, it's more likely they're just saying 93.

Love is the Law, love under will.
Soror YZBL

ps, I'd like to thank the creators of Lonelygirl15 for giving me an excuse to study the Thelemic materials. They make learning the Great Work fun!
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

So where does this leave us?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the part of the video where she says:

"there's a whole lotta debate about it .... and it turns out all the guesses were wrong."

Maybe this was really directed toward everyone trying to figure this stuff out.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that "guesses always being wrong" line is directed at us... Poor us.

I mean, face it, we are quite lame. Wink

But it is FUN! I love this Nancy Drew-ish collecting of research. I feel like a player in "A Night in the Lonesome October".

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discordianism maybe the creators school of thought, but most definitely not Bree's or her family's.

Read the Cosmic Trigger Vol. 1 by Robert Anton Wilson, for a full history of
discordianism. It's really funny, actually.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacktwan wrote:
discordianism maybe the creators school of thought, but most definitely not Bree's or her family's.

Read the Cosmic Trigger Vol. 1 by Robert Anton Wilson, for a full history of
discordianism. It's really funny, actually.

Read? Pssh! That's for geeks.

I'm waiting for the movie. It's in pre-production. Rumour has it Brucheimer is slated to direct.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeks? uhhhh, look around man.... J/k

Anything by R W Wilson in movie form would be brilliant
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore Doesn't read!!! I just caught that sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: