Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with commenting on videos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveizoid
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

I am all ways logged in to the main page. But everytime I go to comment, I get a message saying that I have to be logged in to do so.

Is there any way of fixing this? I have tried using Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Camino web browsers and I get the same message.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried logging in?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try logging out, clearing your cache and cookies, and then logging back in.

Also, the login on the main page is separate from the login for the forums, which is also different than the one for LGPedia. You have to create an account in each place that you want to participate, as there is no single login process for the site yet.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

daveizoid wrote:
I am all ways logged in to the main page. But everytime I go to comment, I get a message saying that I have to be logged in to do so.

Is there any way of fixing this? I have tried using Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Camino web browsers and I get the same message.

I have the same problem, I just came over to complain about it. Confused
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
have you tried logging in?

That just really struck me as funny.......
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

I use Firefox and I tried Internet Explorer and I got it to work, and then I tried to get into the chatroom and it said "members only" in both browsers.

Ha ha you're all so funny. I must be retarded, that's why it doesn't work!
Ok then, so where do you need to be logged in? Because I'm logged in for the forums AND the blog page right now.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

BrokenBliss wrote:
Ok then, so where do you need to be logged in? Because I'm logged in for the forums AND the blog page right now.

Somewhere, I suggested logging out, clearing cache and cookies, and trying again. I don't know if the chat uses the main page's login or not, but the forums, and lgpedia are both different from the main page. It's really confusing (especially to me, since I only use the forum login at the moment), but single login is a difficult thing to get done.

To the Creators: I do a little programming. I'm somewhat experienced with Wordpress as well as phpBB. Not so much with Wiki or whatever you're using for chat. But they're all php and apache, right? If you wanna PM me what packages (and versions) you're using, I'd be glad to set up a test server to work on a single signon for everything Smile Just not sure how much time I can devote to it.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
BrokenBliss wrote:

Somewhere, I suggested logging out, clearing cache and cookies, and trying again. I don't know if the chat uses the main page's login or not, but the forums, and lgpedia are both different from the main page. It's really confusing (especially to me, since I only use the forum login at the moment), but single login is a difficult thing to get done.

'mute

Thanks for trying to help me wintermute, but it's still saying
"Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment."
I hope I tried that right though, I'm using Firefox and I went to Tools>Clear Private Data

Hellooo where are the moderators?
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Issue with commenting on videos. Reply with quote

BrokenBliss wrote:

Thanks for trying to help me wintermute, but it's still saying
"Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment."
I hope I tried that right though, I'm using Firefox and I went to Tools>Clear Private Data

Hellooo where are the moderators?

I'm a foderator (former moderator Laughing), so I'll continue to try to help until someone else shows up with more intimate knowledge of the system than I have Smile

What version of Firefox? (go to Help -> About Mozilla Firefox) I'll try to match versions with you and try it out on one of my systems if you're running either a Linux or Windows system. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac to try it out there Sad But I used to work tech support, so I might be able to BS my way through if you're using one Wink Until you reply, I'll assume you're running one version or another under Windows XP, since that's probably the majority.

When you went to Clear Private Data, did both Cookies and Cache have checks beside them? Looks like the default (on my version, anyhow) is to clear cache, but not cookies. You might want to check to make sure both were cleared after you logged out. Also, did you log out of the part of the website you were having problems with, or just the forums?

Finally, are you trying from lonelygirl15.com, or www.lonelygirl15.com? I don't know if it's been fixed, but I seem to recall someone mentioning that as a possible issue awhile back. Log out, clear cache and cookies as before, and try logging in from the opposite URL as the one you're currently trying from. Not sure if it will make a difference or not, but it's worth a shot.

That's all I can think of right now, until I can set up a system that somewhat matches yours and try from that.

'vote 'mute in '16!
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sweet I tried adding www. before it and for some stupid reason that worked! I just can't understand the internet sometimes Rolling Eyes

Thanks wintermute
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokenBliss wrote:
Oh sweet I tried adding www. before it and for some stupid reason that worked! I just can't understand the internet sometimes Rolling Eyes

Thanks wintermute

No problem Smile

I know the mods and admins are sometimes busy, and I've got over a decade of support experience under me, so I try to patrol these sections of the board to help where I can Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: