Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, it creeps me out that people still think she's real, because I am think that maybe people are living under rocks or something. I mean that was what I was talkin about earlier that there are some people that don't know yet, but eventually other people would tell them so in the long run the disclaimer would be like ehhh. Anyway, I am hoping that someting happens next because I am looking forward to like either a respond from Daniel or a cassie thing. The only reason I'm not so peeved about the whole situation is because I came into it after it had been busted and revealed as being fake. Before I really didn't care but then I was like, "What, fake?" I didn't really get it, like how it was fake, and that sucked me in. I think thats what happened to most people and the Creators probably wanted that to happen. I'm hapier I found out later though because I didn't have to wait long for the videos because she alread had like 30. Very Happy I'm rambling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote, NO disclaimer.
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starrynight912 wrote:
Yeah I know, it creeps me out that people still think she's real, because I am think that maybe people are living under rocks or something. I mean that was what I was talkin about earlier that there are some people that don't know yet, but eventually other people would tell them so in the long run the disclaimer would be like ehhh. Anyway, I am hoping that someting happens next because I am looking forward to like either a respond from Daniel or a cassie thing. The only reason I'm not so peeved about the whole situation is because I came into it after it had been busted and revealed as being fake. Before I really didn't care but then I was like, "What, fake?" I didn't really get it, like how it was fake, and that sucked me in. I think thats what happened to most people and the Creators probably wanted that to happen. I'm hapier I found out later though because I didn't have to wait long for the videos because she alread had like 30. Very Happy I'm rambling.

lol maybe be there will be a baby bree hummmmmmmmmm now would that not be fun lol. Question Rolling Eyes
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want The Creators to make whatevers comming next GOOD, or else they lost a lot of viewers. Not me, I love it!!! Very Happy I'm out, its like 3 and I need sleep. Night. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first lot have been good so i think thay just need to put time in to the new one's that thay do maybe make a very funny halloween one.
Eric
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan wrote:
Because people no tom cruise movies are fake Rolling Eyes people in youtube did not no that jessica rose (bree) movies were fake thay were seeing them as real till the mtv thing Crying or Very sad . Mind you people still think there real the point to the disclaimer. Wink

That's not the Lonelygirl15 team's fault. That's the fault of the viewers. I don't know it for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that there's nowhere on the Youtube site where it says that it's "safe" to assume that every video put up will not be a work of fiction. If fact, I'd be willing to bet that most of the videos on Youtube are either productions or at least not one hundred percent accurate portrayals of the people involved. Many people assumed it was real because it was so well done and because of the venue in which it was presented, and the assumption was extremely naive and completely unjustified.

People don't know Tom Cruise movies are fake. They assume they're fake. I'm almost positive that I've never seen a disclaimer (your requirement for proof of fiction) on a Tom Cruise movie stating that it's a work of fiction. As it turns out our assumptions in relation to Tom Cruise movies are accurate.

I'll be the first to admit that, after viewing the first few episodes of Lonelygirl15, I thought they were real. When I figured out that they weren't I was impressed at the idea and the skill in it's presentation. I wasn't upset. That's because a long time ago I figured out that "don't believe everything you read" and "don't believe everything you see on television" should be applied as much to the internet as to those other forms of communication.

If anyone involved had ever said "this is a real girl and guy and not a work of fiction in any way" then I can see how the anger that many people displayed might be more justified, but I'm pretty sure they didn't ... so it's not ... and there's really no need for a disclaimer of any kind.
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and there's really no need for a disclaimer of any kind

You find there is a need for one now lonelygirl15 is a register trade mark look in to it. Maybe admin shoud post from here on.
Eric
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan wrote:
Quote:

You find there is a need for one now lonelygirl15 is a register trade mark look in to it. Maybe admin shoud post from here on.

Ironically enough all that means is that nobody can fake being Lonelygirl15. Very Happy
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric wrote:
lonelyfan wrote:
Quote:

Ironically enough all that means is that nobody can fake being Lonelygirl15. Very Happy

Register trade mark is for a business think thats how you spell it lol or whats the point in trade marking a word. The word here is trade meaning tradeing as a company i maybe wrong here but there would be no piont in trade marking it. It's like saying i am going to trade mark ( be ) just because i fell like it.

™ But he still need to put that on the videos any way lol and your logo.
Eric
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan wrote:
Register trade mark is for a business think thats how you spell it lol or whats the point in trade marking a word. The word here is trade meaning tradeing as a company i maybe wrong here but there would be no piont in trade marking it. It's like saying i am going to trade mark ( be ) just because i fell like it.

™ But he still need to put that on the videos any way lol and your logo.

Yes, trademarking is something that's used by a business. My point was that trademarking doesn't imply any requirement for adding any kind of disclaimer to the videos. Heck, apparently they aren't even required to use the symbol. They can if they want to, but they don't have to.

Oh, and not that it really matters, but the symbol for a registered trademark is ® and not ™.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disclaimer was for the site or the videos to stop people bitching about them being fake i dont see one thing here telling you what the videos are about what there for why you are doing them a disclaimer will fix it all up in one go.
absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan wrote:
The disclaimer was for the site or the videos to stop people bitching about them being fake i dont see one thing here telling you what the videos are about what there for why you are doing them a disclaimer will fix it all up in one go.

Meh, let them bitch about it. They're just making themselves look like idiots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: