Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serious technical problems viewing vids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Serious technical problems viewing vids Reply with quote

I'm having serious technical problems viewing the vids on the website today. Three specific problems:

1) When I tried to watch Bree's "Thanksgiving" vid, for several minutes I could hear the dialogue, but instead of the visuals all I could see was a damned ad for a videogame. I tried clicking on the ad, but a new window describing the games popped up -- and the ad didn't go away. I had to refresh the page to get the vid to play properly.

2) I was able to watch the whole Bree video. Then I tried to watch Jonas's "Happy Thanksgiving" video. I could hear Jonas speaking, but the visual track was mostly blocked by an ad for a video camera (ironically enough). Again, clicking on the ad did nothing to make the ad go away. I finally had to refresh the page, and click again on Jonas's face on the list of videos on the right-hand side of the page, to get the video sans ad.

3) I watched Jonas's vid, and was able to see and hear most of it without a problem. Then it got hung up for several minutes. I needed to move on and do other things, so I clicked on the "Close" link in the top right-hand corner. The video closed -- but a few minutes later, I could hear Jonas's voice finishing the sound track to the vid. I couldn't see the vid, though -- either anywhere on the LG15 home page or in a different window or tab.

Again, all of these problems arose when I was watching on the LG15 site itself -- not on Revver (or, need I say, on YouTube).

Please look into these problems. The issues with the ads are particularly galling.
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably a Revver issue. The best bet is to make sure you have installed the latest version of Flash:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Hope that works.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I do have the latest version of Flash. Any chance the problem lies with Microsoft's mandatory upgrade to IE7 for those of us using XP? I've already had a problem on Verizon's website that was caused by IE7.
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads are meant to come up only at the end.

Instead of IE7 you could always change to using firefox. It's more secure and faster than IE and also has some cooler stuff like add-ons. They just released their latest version as well. You can check it out here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Thanks for watching as I fall.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have Firefox on my system, thanks. For watching vids I've found that IE is better -- or at least was until yesterday. I appreciate the suggestion, though.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past week I haven't been able to watch a video straight through. It just freezes and has to wait to load the next few moments. This may be my computer but I don't think so -- I never used to have this problem. I have XP too if that's any help. Anyone else have this problem?
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only time i have trouble streaming vids is when i am using a DL program in the background. are any of you downloading anything while youre trying to watch videos? it sounds like you are experiencing a latency issue, or a slow computer, not a problem with internet explorer. but i would switch to firefox anyway. its so much better.
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no downloads.
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
In the past week I haven't been able to watch a video straight through. It just freezes and has to wait to load the next few moments. This may be my computer but I don't think so -- I never used to have this problem. I have XP too if that's any help. Anyone else have this problem?

It's something to do with your net connection and not your computer.. I think so, I'm not an expert Confused. If it just started happening in the past few weeks then maybe there's spyware or something on you computer that's slowing down your internet???

Thanks for watching as I fall.
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I've also often had trouble watching the Revver videos on Lonelygirl15.com. It's not too bad, usually, but when it is I watch the videos on YouTube.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really had an issue viewing vids on Revver other than it is kinda slow for me but that is just my dialup connection Smile but i do tend prefer Firefox over IE7. I believe it is way better in my opinion and has a lot more options.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a new complaint, but it fits here. Is anyone else having trouble uploading video 0110? I tried to a few times, and each time a got a message saying something like "Your search returns no posts" (I forget the actual message offhand Embarassed ). I'll check back tomorrow, but if anyone can help me out, that would be great Smile .
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fixed. Sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: