Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CiW - [puzzle] Another theory on that last anagram...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: CiW - [puzzle] Another theory on that last anagram... Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been said before, or at least in awhile, but I was just thinking about that last anagram puzzle and I think the answer was saying "this is the end," and in a way it sounds like it said "you failed."

But Bree didn't die on October 12th, which is why I think we weren't ever given additional hints from Cassie as to how to solve it. It would've looked silly at that point.

So with this I modify my earlier theory that the CiW PMs abandoned their ARG. I mean, they kind of did by not helping us have that closure...

But I think that they may have thought "no closure" was better than the lame closure we would've gotten if we'd solved that anagram. It wouldn't have made sense since Bree was alive and well.

Thinking about it, Cassie the spirit saying this anagram, combined with that note from Frank's wife, really does seem like it was the intended end of game.

In a way this further makes me think CiW is NEVER coming back. Not unless the solved anagram says something to that effect.

The only way we'll ever know for sure is to finish it though. Until then, CiW rests... but not in peace. Smile

From the LGPedia:

1 You were the ones with every clue
2 The final step was right above you.
3 Yet upon dead skies hovered anew
4 (A) m hsddo yAeh n sodadu lewy aobec lnwdi ( 8 )
5 (I) ud ieosih tuyrla svtuI tlvty glgje he (7)
6 Kane is full, yet glad I avoid you.
7 You've left me to my lonely doom
8 The doe-eyed whore into the room
9 Trace her to it, set in sin’s tomb
10 (I, B) ltnsIolB ruseur uyufft'o o e e (6) (possible : I'll not suffer Bree too... )
11 Look up above and down below,
12 This is not a game you'll know
13 The waters thin, so don't be late
14 (Y) o i 'tbeko Yneohpo tuo ug ehdvtzny rwou ( 8 )...zero weight
15 (Y) oruu t e tw'o mloeiflYt ernt osabi (7)
16 (I) ,cler oIre rmit ttii ur lknte ltwhu (7)
17 (I) hdoltau ey e tm i awwaIoh imr g ( 8 )
18 (I) e y to h ad eiau oIhraet glrnteml ( 8 )
19 Is a girl whom he won't release
20 And Cassie does not rest in peace
21 Cassie does not rest in peace.

Possible Line 6: I foully avoid, die guilty as Kane
Possible Line 18: In the great realm you had to lie

This is the original anagram :

Y eyeeu estew h ceoovrneht l irwu
fyaugtbov tn ihalwp e T osaer iseh
nskvseYe adep euiaw d nhetdroe o
m hsddo yAeh n sodadu lewy aobec lnwdi
ud ieosih tuyrla svtuI tlvty glgje he
I oef gyaun laild ltd ay, esvKui o
fu 'oye o el oomlte enmomlYy dvt
wo ddooeeyTh oteth re- ehm r oine
ehr' st ceTsit o tri aoenbei t,mu s
ltnsIolB ruseur uyufft'o o e e
,lewab ooLk ownov oe dnad bpu
k oahw emtu y Tslng i onaliso'
eT we'ttae dsrho thos,ieat nl b n
o i 'tbeko Yneohpo tuo ug ehdvtzny rwou
oruu t e tw'o mloeiflYt ernt osabi
,cler oIre rmit ttii ur lknte ltwhu
hdoltau ey e tm i awwaIoh imr g
e y to h ad eiau oIhraet glrnteml
w oho lgiw'sne tsre ahaeer Im l
eeao siaC epnesrAto dns d nestc i
esnnCsietpsre eea o dios at c
jobee13
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Theory on that last anagram... Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

In a way this further makes me think CiW is NEVER coming back.

DIEE!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Theory on that last anagram... Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
Not sure if it's been said before, or at least in awhile, but I was just thinking about that last anagram puzzle and I think the answer was saying "this is the end," and in a way it sounds like it said "you failed."

I've thought the same thing for some time now, but I'm not sure if I ever publicly voiced that opinion.

You're absolutely correct. The anagram needs solved to know for sure. And if it does say "you failed," then there's the closure we've all been waiting for. It's been there all along, right there above us. Every now and then, when I have a moment, I'll plug a line into an anagram solver and work on it... I'm just not nearly as good as some of the others who were working on it, so I'm getting nowhere...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
angie78gg
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That anagram drove me nut's...I worked on it for a while, but no luck. If I never see it again, it will be too soon.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never could do them..so I'm really not any help. I don't understand why we can't know who was behind it and what it was about though. I've never been involved with another ARG. Does it happen regularly that you never find out what it was all about if you "fail"?
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
I never could do them..so I'm really not any help. I don't understand why we can't know who was behind it and what it was about though. I've never been involved with another ARG. Does it happen regularly that you never find out what it was all about if you "fail"?

It's why grassroots or indie ARGs are a risk to play. If the PMs dont finish the game, they remain anonymous and aren't accountable. It happens frequently.

It kind of makes sense though, that the reason we never got hinted through it was the 10/12/06 miscalculation on their part.

But then again, we never worked on this last one much. I mean, we talk about CiW a lot but have spent less than 1/1000th of the time working this final puzzle that actually might give us an answer.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
spaciegirlreturn wrote:

It's why grassroots or indie ARGs are a risk to play. If the PMs dont finish the game, they remain anonymous and aren't accountable. It happens frequently.

It kind of makes sense though, that the reason we never got hinted through it was the 10/12/06 miscalculation on their part.

But then again, we never worked on this last one much. I mean, we talk about CiW a lot but have spent less than 1/1000th of the time working this final puzzle that actually might give us an answer.

The reason why we don't work on it is farely easy.
That is the fattest, ugliest, stupidest, most painful looking mash of letters I have ever seen outside of a can of AlphaGetties.
Besides who wouldn't prefer to just point Cassie at every new character? Anyone?

Just keeeding. Power to anyone that cares to attack this puzzle.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I wasn't around for CiW, but I love puzzles. A possible solution for line five could be:

Ideals get highly virtuous, jutty evil.

And according to the handy dictionary.com, jutty can mean

Quote:
jut·ty /ˈdʒʌti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juht-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -ties, verb, -tied, -ty·ing.
–noun 1. Architecture. jetty1 (def. 4).
–verb (used without object), verb (used with object) 2. Obsolete. to project beyond.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god...it happens frequently?!! Count me out for another one. That would drive me insane....oh wait, it already has.
Coil
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the whole thing will lead you somewhere that would explain things =) orrr maybe its like the rest of CiW's stuff and totally irrelivent
jobee13
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the solution to this anagram will reveal much
lonelyfan13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CiW was brilliant till she made us all join secondlife just to see her virtually cry and give us a painfully long anagram! I spent days trying to figure that studpid thing out, and it ultimately made me hate her. especially since we never got an answer and the whole anagram can be interpreted in sooo many ways! headache coming! ahhh! sometimes I wish all the Cassie's would jsut dissappear so I could stop obsessing over them. Sad
Unadrieniel
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see i gave up but i wanna know wot it says... anyone else wanna solve it? maybe we could all pick a line to work on. when we have time obviously.

CASSIE DOES NOT RIP!

coz i wont let it go lol

Welcome back to the Teen Angst Adventure Gang!
tahneeta
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am guilty of making very little effort on the final anagram. actually, that last anagram made me want to give up on cassie forever.

but now, i really think maybe we should just attempt to solve it.
maybe, just maybe something will come of it.

yes, it is ugly.
and it will be hard.

and i suck at anagrams.

but i sadly REALLY miss cassie!!!

and cassie does not rest in peace!! COME ON!!! SHE'S NOT DEAD!!!!

XD
Blackburne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Some of you may remember me and if so, cool. Hi to all of you! I played the CiW ARG when it was around and was really enthralled with it. When CiW moved over in to Second Life I couldn't follow along because my computer didn't have a proper video card. I just got a laptop for school a couple weeks ago and it does allow me to play Second Life. Since I had to miss out on the CiW SL experience - and I am bummed about that - I was wondering if a helpful CiWer could point out where I can find all of the CiW stuff that was on SL if it still exists? Just tell me what to search for and how to teleport to it if you could, please. I apologize if this is somewhat off topic but after searching I couldn't find a thing about it. After CiW died off I stopped posting on the boards as frequently though I am still an avid LG15 fan.

Thanks again, guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: