Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Ex. 22 is significant...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: If Ex. 22 is significant... Reply with quote

...than maybe "Moses armed the evil priest" with th moral arsenal to bring harm upon Bree. As someone pointed out, Ex. 22 contains the lines "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." and " Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death". Bree is certainly the former, and if "a beast" in this case is "the beast', and if she has genuinely broken a "purity vow", perhaps she is guilty of the latter.

Perhaps "Moses" or "the evil priest" is not Bree's Dad or other members of her religion, (and perhaps my somewhat tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Cassie was proposing an anti-Semitic conspriacy theory was just as much of a desperate stretch as those other suggestions) but Cassie. She quotes the Bible, she thinks Bree's ceremony is a virgin sacrifice, (either it isn't, or the creators have done little research or are being fatuous or both) maybe Cassie is a radical Christian. It could explain her and Bree's falling out. Maybe she was a member of Bree's "cult" and was "deprogrammed". (The scarequotes indicate my cynical bias towards that perspective) Now she's out to punish Bree or save her or both.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
toomuchtime
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was getting at earlier. I think this is definitely a possiblity. And it would definitely be an interesting twist.
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that this may be a plausible sotryline, and that Cassie is out to get Bree.

I'm still bothered by the fact tha CiW is not oficially tied to LG15, how will it play out in the end if the plot remains separate.
madsweeney
Suspiciously Absent

Location: Wandering the streets, pulling gold coins from the air...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on another thread that someone had the idea of "Moses armed the evil priest" being a reference to Bree's father and his bibliomancy. Now, at one point she says that he won't be at the ceremony, but doesn't she also mention that he *will* be doing the bibliomancy? If this is before the ceremony, it could still be a plausible reference to her father, if he is in fact a practioner of bibliomancy. This could take place before Bree leaves for the ceremony, where possibly a "high priest" (or just another, different priest) would perform the ceremony, whatever it may be.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madsweeney wrote:
I read on another thread that someone had the idea of "Moses armed the evil priest" being a reference to Bree's father and his bibliomancy. Now, at one point she says that he won't be at the ceremony, but doesn't she also mention that he *will* be doing the bibliomancy? If this is before the ceremony, it could still be a plausible reference to her father, if he is in fact a practioner of bibliomancy. This could take place before Bree leaves for the ceremony, where possibly a "high priest" (or just another, different priest) would perform the ceremony, whatever it may be.

He does the Bibliomancy at the Equinox celebrations, not this ceremony, whatever it is.

My guess is that the reference is to the Bible passage, hence mentioning Moses.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." part...."Daniel" means "God is my judge" in Hebrew.

Just food for thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: