Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crowley, Thelema, Denderah and Egyptian Mythology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Crowley, Thelema, Denderah and Egyptian Mythology Reply with quote

Dendera was a site for chapels or shrines from the beginning of history of ancient Egypt.

Heru-ra-ha (which, according to Crowley, means "Horus and Ra be Praised!")[citation needed] is a composite deity within Thelema—a religion established in 1904 with the writing of The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley—composed of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and Hoor-par-kraat.[1] He is associated with the other two major Thelemic deities found in The Book of the Law, Nuit and Hadit, who are also godforms related to ancient Egyptian mythology. Their images link Nuit and Hadit to the established Egyptian deities Nut and Hor-Bhdt (Horus of Edfu).

Within Thelema, Ra-Hoor-Khuit is called the Lord of the Aeon.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra-Hoor-Khuit
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worship of Horus was brought from the outside by neighboring tribes who invaded and then settled into Egypt. He was their god of war, but was quickly absorbed into the state religion, first as a son of Ra, then changing to become the son of Osiris.

The most popular story of Horus is the one in which he grows to manhood to avenge the death of his father Osiris by battling against his cruel uncle Set. In many writings, he is said to continue to battle Set daily to ensure the safety of the world.

In early times Set was worshipped as the god of wind and the desert storms, and prayed to that he would grant the strength of the storms to his followers. Although he was always a dark and moody god, he was believed to be the ally of his brother and sister, Osiris and Isis, the counterpart to his sister-wife Nephthys, and the defender of their father, Ra.

But somewhere along the line the view of Set changed. He became a god of evil, in eternal conflict with the gods of light, and especially with Horus, the son of Osiris.

Perhaps we are witnessing another telling of a classic story of Good versus Evil.
cofcdude
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting about a connection to Crowley and I heard a connection to Lovecraft and Cthulhu. A reality based Lovecraft movie is in post production now, maybe there is a connection with this? www.insearchoflovecraft.com

I read that the movie uses actual rituals from Crowley, advised by experts in the subject.

Is lonelygirl15 a lead up to it?
clamoring
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: ia! ia! Reply with quote

Nope, I can't find a single connection. I searched those movie forums for any mention of "lonelygirl15", "alister", and "crowley" and got 0 hits. Where did you read the movie uses Crowley rituals?

I think the idea may stem from a rumor Crowley & Lovecraft were even connected. Here is info to the contrary from the HP Lovecraft Archive: http://www.hplovecraft.com/life/myths.asp#crowley.
cofcdude
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There Clamoring. I read on the movie website that the movie uses "real rituals." In an interview I read on a horror site (I think it was Horror Channel?) under the movie title In Search of Lovecraft, it said it was based on Lovecraft and the rituals were of Crowley with the rumored connection that the two knew each other's works. So the whole thing together made me think: Crowley picture in Lonlygirl's room, hints at lovecraft, possible ritual coming, etc.

I also was told by someone that they heard that ISOL had an actual Crowley ritual supervised by an occultist in his direct sucession.

I have also read a book by Kenneth Grant (although a bit crazy), he was a direct Crowley student and he writes much about the Lovecraft mythos magic which he believes is real. Is Lonelygirl all part of this, leading to a sacrificial ritual?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: