Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FFIIIIIIRsTTTTT!!!11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Milowent. The actual first can stay, but the rest should be deleted. This is a solution that allows people to scream FIRS!T!! (which prob wont be preventable) and still keeps the first 80% of comments from being about when they are posted. It would make the comments much easier to read and more substantial. I might try to read them if the first 100 arent about F1RS!T or first 20 or whatever. I understand that this may involve a lot of work, but it would be a nice change.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FIRST! Saying Reply with quote

General Firstsayer wrote:
Dearest Forum Community Members,

I understand the concern and anguish you feel at observing the phenomenon that is FIIRRSTTT!1!!11........

0/10

<3 Danielbeast <3
lonelycrackerjack
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsong wrote:
I agree with Milowent. The actual first can stay, but the rest should be deleted. This is a solution that allows people to scream FIRS!T!! (which prob wont be preventable) and still keeps the first 80% of comments from being about when they are posted. It would make the comments much easier to read and more substantial. I might try to read them if the first 100 arent about F1RS!T or first 20 or whatever. I understand that this may involve a lot of work, but it would be a nice change.

I don't understand something here. You say you might try to read the comments if the first 100 weren't about First. If that's the case, why don't you just pull down the little box on the right hand side of the browser so you can shoot past the first 100 posts and start reading at 101?

Does it somehow damage your psyche just knowing those FIRST's are there?
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just annoying. Sure I can just scroll down. But I don't like the fact that I have to. And I feel like people actually trying to discuss the vid get swallowed up in a sea of firsts. I'm not saying people who are first shouldn't be able to excitedly post that they are. But people who are tenth or 15th should not be cluttering up the board with Firsts.
lonelycrackerjack
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsong
I just went over and looked at the first 100 comments. Of these 100, only 5 said nothing other than some version of FIRST. There were a number of others that didn't impart much more information than saying FIRST would have done, but I didn't count these.

It appears that when a new video comes in, a lot of people hop in by making some short stupid comment to mark their spot, and then they go and watch the video.

Given that some people will always tend toward doing this, what difference does it make that some say FIRST rather than WOW, Go Bree or a new vid!!! Yah!!!

My only point is that for some reason, a stretched out version of the word FIRST, just really sets off some people, while other equally stupid remarks are overlooked. FIRST was all the time being brought up in the discussion of main page slowdown when those comments would account for less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the bytes being downloaded during a refresh.

I am only trying to understand the mental processes of the militant anti-firsters.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely they can't be that different from the mental processes of the militant firsters.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it appropriate to point out that the firstsayers have a thread here in the forum set up now, and that they have been controlling themselves rather well for the last few videos.

Nevertheless, I must also point out the fact that I have also done a little meeping and firstsaying. I may be biased.

And the suggestion that some of the firstsayers' posts be deleted isn't going to work: that would be the equivalent of telling those fans to leave. Are The Creators going to do that? Of course they aren't.
lonelycrackerjack
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
Surely they can't be that different from the mental processes of the militant firsters.

I'm sure that's true.

Yesterday, someone who had seen this FIRST thread, took a link to it over to the comment board. When it was seen that the forumers were still whining about FIRST's, a big spat of FIRST's broke out on the comment board.

The FIRSTers and the Anti-FIRSTers get on each other's nerves and pump each other up. The more complaints FIRST's get over here, the more FIRST's there are going to be over there. That is known as the First law of FIRST's.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Grandma always told me, "Henry, if you don't like broccoli, don't eat broccoli. But. for pete's sake, don't try to ban broccoli. There are people out there who actually like the stuff."

When she said it, it sounded more like, 'Shut up and eat your liver." But I knew what she meant...
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenrySugar wrote:
My Grandma always told me, "Henry, if you don't like broccoli, don't eat broccoli. But. for pete's sake, don't try to ban broccoli. There are people out there who actually like the stuff."

When she said it, it sounded more like, 'Shut up and eat your liver." But I knew what she meant...

eat your liver... wouldnt that hurt?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, so that's what that sharp pain in my side is...
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like for it to be noted here that when Yousef (DanielBeast) put himself on the Frappr map, he clearly holds up a sign that says, "My FIRRSSTT111 Autograph!!"

Thank you.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbella wrote:
I would like for it to be noted here that when Yousef (DanielBeast) put himself on the Frappr map, he clearly holds up a sign that says, "My FIRRSSTT111 Autograph!!"

Thank you.

cool! im on the frappr map...its neato!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: FIRST! Saying Reply with quote

General Firstsayer wrote:
Dearest Forum Community Members,

I understand the concern and anguish you feel at observing the phenomenon that is FIIRRSTTT!1!!11 Saying while not understanding the motivations that lie behind the practice. Discomfort abounds where understanding is limited. Imagine a visitor with no knowledge of Christianity observing the Eucharist--not understanding the reasons underlying the ritual, they would surely be appalled by the seemingly cannibalistic practice!

FIRSSTTTT!11!11, if I may be so bold as to suggest visiting my website at www.geocities.com/General_Firstsayer/ to better understand. But to show my respect for your chosen medium, I will also attempt to give a FFIRRSSTT!11 Saying primer in this thread:

FIRSTT!1! Saying began as a simple exclamation of the joy of actually being first. But in that exclamation, we uncovered an even deeper, esoteric joy. Attempting to realize that joy and discover its source, pioneering FIRSTSSTTTT!!!111!11 Sayers began crying out FFFIRIRRRSSTTT!!11 even when they were, in fact, not first!

We say FFFIIRIRSSSSTTT!!1!1!111 because in so doing we reach the highest level of our self-realization!

In saying FFFIIRSSSTTTT!1!11 we are proclaiming the fundamental "1-ness," the ultimate unity, of all existence--we realize the Brahman-Atman Identity in the flash of an instant!!!

The root of life's pain lies in our all too human inability to understand the fundamental unity of all things--in our mistaken belief that we are somehow separate, distinct individuals from all that is. The enemies of FFIRRRSTSTTT!1!1 Saying often display a peculiar vicious ferocity in their attacks upon our community, indicating that they may indeed be experiencing such pain.

Thus I exhort you join us! Cry FFFIIIRSSTTT!!1!1 with all the heart you can muster! If you feel shy in the environment of the phorum, try posting FFFFIIRRRSSTTTT!!1!11 on the comments page, where the atmosphere is both understanding and encouraging!

Heed not the desperations of the enemy!!!

Soldiers----Let the cries of FFFIIIIRRRRSSSTTTTT!!!!111!11!111 ring into the night!!!

FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRSSSSSTTTTTTTT!!!!!1!!!1!171!1!!11111

iamcool wrote:
what an odd post

Those who don't spend much time on the comments page don't realize who this is that has just spoken.

General Firstsayer is the commander and chief among the loyal and brave firstsayers, he is their inspiration and motivation, leading them forward to evermore illustrious battles!

*salutes the general*
Meep
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelycrackerjack wrote:
windsong
I just went over and looked at the first 100 comments. Of these 100, only 5 said nothing other than some version of FIRST.

K, so I like to exaggerate a tiny bit. Embarassed

I guess I really don't care if they are there or not, I don't read those messages anyway. I much prefer the forum for such things. But I thought it would be the best solution to appease both the firsters and the anti-firsters.
Can't we all be friends? Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: