Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locking threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are local, you know the place where you live and its surroundings, i believe you can find it.

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm fairly sure nora's not on anyway
truestory
Casual Observer

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
We know who's house it is...if they are paranoid about fans..film elsewhere..can the project... GROW UP. Welcome to hollywood. Do a records search on whichever creator it is BAM..you have it. It's stated in the Lonelygirl is an actress news reports that they filmed at his house.. That info is OUT there ALREADY.. You should lock the friggin New York Times TOO Nora. What if we wanna star watch? We're fans...what if we wanna be papparazzi..as long as we dont break the law..who cares.. If we are a nusciance the cops will tell us to go.. L.A. Cops are well versed in handling this.

I 100% agree with you.
graverubber
Casual Observer

yeah...this thread locking business is absurd. if there is a problem, talk to us before we go wild with our discourse, don't lock the thread to prevent any kind of discussion. it's like the CIW gag order over at anchercove.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graverubber wrote:
yeah...this thread locking business is absurd. if there is a problem, talk to us before we go wild with our discourse, don't lock the thread to prevent any kind of discussion. it's like the CIW gag order over at anchercove.

It's pretty irresponsible of Nora to lock the threads..leave up the OFFENDING posts..and LOG.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lizzy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora did say she was "temporarily" locking the thread; maybe to make sure that everyone read her "do not trespass" post. I don't agree with the thread being locked - to get this trespassing message across, create a new thread and sticky it! Either way the thread seems to be open again.
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: my two cents. Reply with quote

I don't understand why everyone is so concerend about finding this house.

The "game" has given us NO reason to believe we should go there.

and publically posting the address (whether it be the creator's, jessica rose's, yousef's house, or someone elses's house) could be DANGEROUS for those who own the house. (Imagine if I posted YOUR home address on a forum browsed by 30,000 people...)

Discovering a hollywood-set shown for 30 seconds does not aid us in uncovering the fictional plot; it's fairly useless.
If cassieiswatching had beckoned us to go there, then maybe I'd understand. but as it is, she has not...and there is no reason to go.

As this does not help us, and potentially puts people in danger...I think that attempts to track the house should be abandoned.

The phrase "welcome to hollywood" is unconvincing.
The argument that being a part of hollywood WARRANTS stalking/harassment is just stupid.

On a final note, it's not necessarily true that nora locked the thread because of the "find-the-house" discussion. she may have locked it because there are two threads about the same video...in the same section of the forum.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: my two cents. Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:

and publically posting the address (whether it be the creator's, jessica rose's, yousef's house, or someone elses's house) could be DANGEROUS for those who own the house. (Imagine if I posted YOUR home address on a forum browsed by 30,000 people...)

Discovering a hollywood-set shown for 30 seconds does not aid us in uncovering the fictional plot; it's fairly useless.
If cassieiswatching had beckoned us to go there, then maybe I'd understand. but as it is, she has not...and there is no reason to go.

As this does not help us, and potentially puts people in danger...I think ethat attempts to track the house should be abandoned.

The argument that being a part of hollywood WARRANTS stalking/harassment is just stupid.

On a final note, it's not necessarily true that nora locked the thread because of the "find-the-house" discussion. she may have locked it because there are two threads about the same video...in the same section of the forum.

First I stated I do not think the house is relevant to our quest.

Second I believe it was the New York Times reporter that reported that the videos were shot in one of the creators bedrooms so it follows that we just saw the exterior of that house. A NUT and a credit card can do a record search and find the house in 5 minutes.

Third the "welcome to Hollywood" phrase may be unconvincing but its pretty much a fact...just ask any star about their day to day lives with papparazzi and fans. Which does not mean I advocate this behavior.
Not to mention I noticed they didnt let us get the plate on the car..and I thought..ahhh good..smart...cause someone would trace it...it boils down to you make yourself and your home a focus to the public..be ready for the public to show up. It's this reason why I TOTALLY do not envy stars.
I never meant to imply being part of Hollywood warrants being stalked/harassed..but it has been proven to go with the territory. I personally wanna bitch-slap most papparazzi to be frank.

Fourth, It is true that Nora locked the forums because of the find the house discussion..because she said she did..which I found to be the wrong solution as those posts still remain. You obviously didn't collect all the facts before you posted(Something I surely would never do Wink . )The reason that there are two forums in the same section is because they moved one there..and I agree one should have been locked to reduce confusion. I also Abhor the fact that I was punished for something I wasn't even discussing. I lost a post I had been working on for 20 minutes because the topic I was reading that was one of the most active of the day was suddenly locked.

In summary, in the future I would like our moderators to take a less heavy handed approach. To be frank it struck me as improper use of power that did NOTHING to mitigate someone just waking up and popping on the board and getting a hair brained idea from the post. In fact..someone still could as the posts were still there last time I looked..I am appalled at the fact they have not been deleted.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: my two cents. Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:

As this does not help us, and potentially puts people in danger...I think that attempts to track the house should be abandoned.

Well said.
Jana4
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: my two cents. Reply with quote

S is for Summer wrote:
curriguy wrote:

Well said.

She posted that is the reason she locked the thread. It wasn't a guess or assumption. Also, the thread in question is not the currently locked one. The currently locked one is just the one that was moved from the YT Cassie area and was locked the very instant it showed up in this area. The thread being talked about here is the one that is currently unlocked, which WAS locked for a while because of the find the house talk. I don't care either way...I was just trying to straighten this out. This thread is not about the currently locked one.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wholeheartedly agree with curriguy. there is no reason to try to figure out where this house is. I would also note that this house is NOT where the interiors of the Bree and Daniel videos are shot. They are shot in apartments as established in various news reports, not an actually single family home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: