Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cassandra

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Cassandra Reply with quote

Maybe this has been discussed, but from wikipedia:

Quote:
In more modern literature, Cassandra has often served as a model for tragedy and Romance, and has given rise to the archetypical character of someone whose prophetic insight is obscured by insanity, turning their revelations into riddles or disjointed statements that are not fully comprehended until after the fact.

Oh shit.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassandra Reply with quote

SR wrote:

Quote:
In more modern literature, Cassandra has often served as a model for tragedy and Romance, and has given rise to the archetypical character of someone whose prophetic insight is obscured by insanity, turning their revelations into riddles or disjointed statements that are not fully comprehended until after the fact.

Oh shit.

lol

I'm pretty sure we've talked about this on another thread. In any case, I've always been of the opinion that Cassie is short for Cassandra.

Nobody ever listened to poor Cassandra, even though she was always right...
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more interested in the fact that her predictions come in riddles that cannot be deduced until after the event has happened... maybe we're destined to lose at this game...
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't bode well for us, does it?
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow wrote:
Doesn't bode well for us, does it?

I also watched twjaniak's video post Ti(N)aG and he makes a very good point, the two videos have not riven the story forward. And neither has this third clue. We've got nothing, nada, zip that gives us insight into what is happening.

I'm more depressed about that than anything else, as I suspect the CiW really is unrelated to LG15 and will die out as a consequence.
Evan
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassandra Reply with quote

SR wrote:

Quote:

Oh shit.

Very Happy ROFL

My Apo Approval Rating: 0 Previously: -3
twistofreality
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassandra Reply with quote

Evan wrote:
Very Happy ROFL

Oy. Someone's gotta say it. Evan, I'm sorry, bit the piccy in your siggy is just too big not to be obnoxious. Could you post a smaller picture to coincide with your video, or, perhaps, a text link?

Danke.
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassandra Reply with quote

twistofreality wrote:
Evan wrote:
Very Happy ROFL

Oy. Someone's gotta say it. Evan, I'm sorry, bit the piccy in your siggy is just too big not to be obnoxious. Could you post a smaller picture to coincide with your video, or, perhaps, a text link?

Danke.

Seconded.
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassandra Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes! Very interesting. I wonder if her name was chosen by LG15 for this reason.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
given rise to the archetypical character of someone whose prophetic insight is obscured by insanity, turning their revelations into riddles or disjointed statements that are not fully comprehended until after the fact.

so this could be why the CiW doesnt progress until after a LG15 video
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
Quote:
given rise to the archetypical character of someone whose prophetic insight is obscured by insanity, turning their revelations into riddles or disjointed statements that are not fully comprehended until after the fact.

so this could be why the CiW doesnt progress until after a LG15 video

Well either that or Cassie doesn't know what to do until then lol
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that is a valid option. lol.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: