Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are we losing interest? (plz read whole thread before reply)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we losing interest?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 62 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 74

Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with covedweller here. It sucks because we all have no lives, and what not (i'm excused... i'm grounded)... but I have a feeling that this will build to something bigger.

We have to give the creators a break, I don't think any of us thought the show would still be alive and kickin.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
AniDonia
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that they are pandering to everyone, which in the end makes nobody happy.

Like the general consensus says in a couple of the bitch'n'moan posts in the Plot Discussion (hey, i posted one of 'em), they need to stick to whatever they wanted to tell in the first place, and don't stray from the path at the first sound of fan complaint.

They need to stick to a "story type" and run with it. In this past month, we've gone through the fast-paced, pseudo-ARG suspense thriller vids, with killings and hidden clues and secret phone numbers and snatched infants, for those into the mystery and intrigue. Then jump to Daniel's Creek WB teen angst, for the shippers and those interested in the cheesy boy/girl drama. Then the latest vid, an obvious attempt to appease the followers of the old "Happy Bree Dancing in her Room Vids". But all this jumping about trying to appease everyone just makes for a schizophrenic universe! It doesn't MAKE SENSE that the same kids who've been dangerously on the run from people-who-kill-people are going to go back to making happy-go-lucky videos for weeks at a time. And people who are into the intrigue aren't going to be interested in a Joanie <3s Chachi teen love story. And vice versa.

So... pick a genre and stick to it. And start giving us some answers already... this is getting really frustrating.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
It should be a part of our lives, but not the only thing in our lives!
covedweller,
You must have missed the section of my (thoughtlessly) long post that stated the following:
I wrote:
And I know that it is just a web series, and it is not the center of my life. Therefore, I don't want to make this a bigger deal than it is.
Therefore, please know your assumption that some of people are spending their lives revolved around this series is understood by me, but does not apply to everyone who feels the way I do. I think the creators of this series are very fortunate to have some fans who are so understanding and supportive of everything presented without question and concern. I must admire those who are such faithful viewers.

I remember being an opponent to the Jumping the Sharks thread and demanding that any critic of this story needed to calm down and see things from the creators' point of view and cut them some slack. However, I feel a bit differently now and will voice my opinion as I did then, and always as a supporter of this series and the people behind it.

I can't help how I feel, and I have no problem stating so. Nor do I have a problem hearing differing opinions. My opinion will not change, but in the big picture of things, this only pertains to matters on this forum and only really concerns me as a person who was initially impressed by a thoughtful and engaging story and would hate to see it be anything other than that.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
breeislonely
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very bored with the whole thing, the only thing i get from the videos lately is I DON'T LIKE BREE but i do however think that is the intension of the creaters, we aren't supposed to like her right now, i just don't know why, but yea i'm worried the popularity will start to dwindle with the last few videos (since the shooting) and i don't want that
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Bree isn't... REAL!!!!!1!!1!!shift1!!!!!1

i'm still liking the series. i think i'm the only person who loves mean bree.
I like bitch-Bree too. However, what I like even more is answers...
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like how the story is going Smile
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need I repeat JayHenry’s classic Seven Steps of LG:

“There's a fan-cycle that everyone seems to go through with this show:

1) Approach. Most people have approached the show initially at arms-length -- a 16-year-old's video blog? This is stupid. But, I'll see what the hype is all about.

2) Enchantment. While watching, most fans have a moment where they suddenly get hooked. I'd watched for a long time, but I got hooked around 1:08 of My Lazy Eye.

3) Obsession. This is the phase where you ravenously watch all the videos. For new fans -- this lasts awhile because there's so much to catch up on. For early fans, there was, of course, the weeks long intense hunt. For CIW-era fans there was CIW.

4) Disillusion. Usually there's a moment where something so implausible or poorly plotted happens that the viewer becomes frustrated. For me this was "A Message From The Creators" which was done so artlessly. For others this was the inconsiderate use of Thelema, any of a half-dozen implausible plot twists, the introduction of a vapid character, or the abandonment of realism.

5) Denial. Even as the frustration grows, most people are slow to admit that the show isn't living up to their expectations.

6) Rejection. Finally, something so ridiculous happens, that the fan loses it and either begins to post in frustration or simply wanders off.

7) Post-LG. Many fans leave after an angry sign-off. Those that stay, mostly do it for the community that has grown around LG.”

LG and fan disappointment have been linked together for a long long time. I don’t think there is really anything new going on. For me, I have found the show has been going downhill ever since The Outing, which, ironically, I am a little bit to blame for.

I do agree that Bree is much less likeable recently. I think this is due to a lack of involvement* from Mesh, as Bree was a character that he created.

As far as the plot moving slowly, I like that, I think it is potentially more realistic and representative of real life. I would support a return to doing short 1-4 episode mini-story arcs like how the series started out, and telling the main story very gradually.

* according to the spare productions notes, not only is he no longer writing the vidplays, but he is often not even credited with the story anymore.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that some of us that are simply unhappy with the character progression and lack of plot are accused, automatically, of being people with no lives? Seriously, that's shitty. Maybe some people are just a little more anal about things like plot.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
stuart2004
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am enjoying the show and the game(as much as I can participate) but I can see why people are having frustrations. We spend time and effort here attempting to participate with this. And it just sems that sometimes we get left out in the cold. I am gonna struggle along with this for a bit longer but there are plenty other things to run around to.... we need something to help us along.. We need resolution...... the cliff hanger effect only last so long...after that it just becomes boredom

antagonist of the LG Defense Force
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Shocked

44 to 8 in favor of the show going downhill Sad

I hope the creators are watching this!!!
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets have faith?
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
kayokosaeki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Why is it that some of us that are simply unhappy with the character progression and lack of plot are accused, automatically, of being people with no lives? Seriously, that's shitty. Maybe some people are just a little more anal about things like plot.

i'm not happy with the plot, and i have a life.

i'm writing from a computer at my internship right now actually. Confused

wait, that doesn't make me sound too good. i have ambition, i swear i do. i'm making a life for myself.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know i have complete faith in the creators that they will turn things around.
But once again, I have to repeat myself. I want them to know how we feel, because it seems that a lot of us are scared or nervous to say so, up until the last video.
The plot and the writing have been very weak since november-ish. We KNOW they can do better, and we fully support them in their growth.

I just wanted to make a positive statement to them in saying

WE BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS

You just need to step up your game. And I believe that you guys can do it.
You have no idea how much respect and faith i have in you guys, and I sat up for a long time last night pondering the replys on this thread both privately, and publicly.
I think some people are not only loosing interest but they are loosing faith in you guys. The only decent plot climax that has happened is that Bree's dad got shot. And we didn't even know him, so the only reason we care is because of how damging this is going to be to bree...and when we expect emotion and information we get a total heartless bitch.
I mean...the fact that her parents aren't her real parents should have been a climax...but it wasn't. Bree turning down daniel should have been a climax, but it wasn't....Even the CUSOON thing was kind of....blah. It was nice and interesting...just ... blah.

I don't even know what to suggest to you guys to help improve, I don't even know if I could suggest anything. I think the best suggestion is this:

While most of the vetrans are expecting a new character to pop out, and we're expecting it to be Tachyon, remember the simpsons episode where they add poochie to Itchy and Scratchy??? Don't play it like that. And if by any chance Jackie is free with school, and you bring her back, don't pull a poochie. If you are going to introduce a new character, pull the plot together with that character, add climax after climax so when things calm down even for two episodes, we still feel excited.
But you can't drag the story on like you have been again. We had so mch excitement...and now it's just blah. So if you start up the excitement again...keep it going. Maybe take a one/two episode break for fun/emotional stuff...but your really going to need to pull it together soon.
And I hope what I'm expecting is true and that after this last video we're going to see a great big

KABLAMO

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot has been floundering for weeks. Additionally, there are a multitude of unresolved issues. As fans, I am afraid our research was in vain, as we haven't received any information about The Order. For one, the mysterious order/religious cult was first mentioned back in August, I think. (Or at least that's when the fans began to realize there was a strange religion involved.) Anyway, it's been over 4 months and we still haven't learned anything.

Creators, throw the fans a bone, will you??!
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure it will get better Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: