Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAQ: thoughts, suggestions, but mostly just questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: FAQ: thoughts, suggestions, but mostly just questions Reply with quote

If you haven't read about it, yet. I'm creating a FAQ for CiW. I would like to know if there are any questions/answers that everyone would like to see answered. I'm not looking for the really obvious questions. I'm seeking the deeper questions that have not been answered to everyone's satisfaction.

Post them here! Very Happy

EDIT: clarification
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident

Last edited by ravensgrace on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeesh... just look at everytime someone new starts a thread... sometimes they have a new point, but often it's like "hey, did you know those dots and dashes are morse code? but i don't know morse code, can anyone else translate?"
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, good idea! Maybe we could keep this thread and merge all the useless redundant posts into it!! Very Happy Only kidding, but I know exactly what you mean.

I'm not looking for the obvious stuff, and I should have put that into my original post. (Doing it now.)
covedweller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: FAQ: thoughts, suggestions, but mostly just questions Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
If you haven't read about it, yet. I'm creating a FAQ for CiW. I would like to know if there are any questions/answers that everyone would like to see answered. I'm not looking for the really obvious questions. I'm seeking the deeper questions that have not been answered to everyone's satisfaction.

Post them here! Very Happy

EDIT: clarification

Here's one that was overlooked:

The day the "above you waiting, be ready" clue went up, a few people reported receiving phone calls and hearing it on the voicemail line in morse code. The quality was somewhat choppy, and when calling back to get a recording, the message said the person was on the phone (as if they were changing their outgoing message). When called back, people reported that the Morse code on the voicemail sounded better now, with different tones.

The voicemail went up at the same time or a few minutes before it also hit YouTube. But within minutes the voicemail box was full, then the # stopped working (the message was one indicating lack of prepaid minutes, most likely from the team changing the message to get a better recording).

So what does this say about the voicemail in general and its validity?

Also, I asked a friend about that caller id spoof thing some people had mentioned, and apparently it only works on phones with certain features turned off -- and he showed me how to protect my phone against it, which took all of two seconds.

Is it theoretically possible that the CiW team could be so careless as to let their voicemail get hacked repeatedly for 3-4 days on end when all it would take to secure it was one feature that all voicemail has and takes less 30 seconds to enable?

Those are just two of those things that make you go "hmmmmmm......." Laughing
bender
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen TheAAShow on youtube (where Casket of Tears was posted)? What's up with that?

Not a very deep question I know, but TheAAShow people don't show any other indication that they are into LG or CiW.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you seen TheAAShow on youtube (where Casket of Tears was posted)? What's up with that?

Not a very deep question I know, but TheAAShow people don't show any other indication that they are into LG or CiW.

Answer is, I believe, that they are Cu Roi's friends and they posted it at a time when he couldn't. BTW his YouTube is Wrkncacnter but he doesn't post to it since he's not a fan of being on camera. Like myself he uses it to keep track of other vlogs and whatnot.
bender
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Quote:

Answer is, I believe, that they are Cu Roi's friends and they posted it at a time when he couldn't. BTW his YouTube is Wrkncacnter but he doesn't post to it since he's not a fan of being on camera. Like myself he uses it to keep track of other vlogs and whatnot.

Thanks.

Cu Roi has some gnarly friends. Confused
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bender wrote:

They have their own thing going, and probably think we are all crazy.
twistofreality
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
bender wrote:

They have their own thing going, and probably think we are all crazy.

Ha! Aren't we, though? At least a little? C'mon... you know it's true.
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Hey, good idea! Maybe we could keep this thread and merge all the useless redundant posts into it!! Very Happy Only kidding, but I know exactly what you mean.

You shouldn't be kidding. I was thinking the same thing myself. Just locking a thread because it's useless still leaves it out there as garbage and these threads are littering the board needlessly. Can't we do something about this? Thankfully though, the board sorts based on date/time of the last post so after a useless thread is posted it will disappear in the murky waters of board garbage pretty quickly, but still....

Can't we start a section of the board called something like "useless garbage" and push all useless garbage threads since the Mods are not allowed to delete threads without reeking political havoc?
plugs
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, when a thread gets deleted/moved to another section, someone who wants to point out "omg, that's morse code!" can't find a thread about it and posts a new one and it all starts again.

If a thread is locked, there should be a link posted on the board to where the relevant discussion about this topic is going on. If it's something blatantly obvious such as the morse code example, it should link to the sticky cassie clues or something. and viciously encouraging the use of the 'search' option, I don't mean as a suggestion - as a loose rule, would be wise too.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugs wrote:
The problem is, when a thread gets deleted/moved to another section, someone who wants to point out "omg, that's morse code!" can't find a thread about it and posts a new one and it all starts again.

If a thread is locked, there should be a link posted on the board to where the relevant discussion about this topic is going on. If it's something blatantly obvious such as the morse code example, it should link to the sticky cassie clues or something. and viciously encouraging the use of the 'search' option, I don't mean as a suggestion - as a loose rule, would be wise too.

When I split, merge or move threads, I try to leave behind a shadow thread that links to the new one. After a couple of days though, I delete the shadow, but the new thread still lives on in its proper place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: