Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

danielbeast in the bible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: danielbeast in the bible? Reply with quote

OK, maybe this is a stretch, but here goes. has anyone considered that the name "danielbeast" may be a reference to the beasts referenced in the Book of Daniel in the Bible? Daniel 7 recounts a vision Daniel had of four beasts, which represented four kingdoms of the world, through the end times, ending in the reign of the antichrist.

Like I said, perhaps a stretch. But with all this about Crowley, who claimed to be the antichrist, the great beast, and the vision in Daniel 7 at the end being about the antichrist, it could at least be an allusion to Crowley, or perhaps more.

I realize that the name comes from Bree "hunting" him, and so forth. But perhaps there's more subtle meaning there. (Daniel in the Bible revealed the antichrist; Daniel will reveal to Bree about Crowley?)

Food for thought.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had actually started a search in the book of Daniel, yesterday. I would love is others or someone else who paid more attention in catechism would, also...if they think it could lead anywhere, that is, haha.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Crowley was very well read, as far as the bible is concerned. He surely did borrow a lot from it. So why not have Lonelygirl World borrow from it, too?

Next, the whole "The Beast" thing came from Crowley's own mother (a staunch EB Christian). So he took it up in sort of an ironic way. Then in sort of a "shock the world" kind of way. Then People started labelling him that because Christians often fear and denegrade anything different.

On a side note... He was quite a racist. He did personally advise Hitler. He did abuse a lot of drugs.

B ut as far as I know "The Beast" had very little to do with satan, sacrifices of any kind and definitely nothing apocalyptic.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't of my opinion that The Beast was anything more than a reference to Crowley...but other things, like Daniel's prophecies made me wonder if that's how our Daniel got his name, especially since 'revelation' and exodus were brought up, recently.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowley was definitely a racist. He was definitely a self-centered sexual manipulator. He is said to have personally advised Hitler. Even speaking as a Jewish woman, I view that claim with a great deal of skepticism; it is the sort of overblown hothouse claim he liked to make about himself to shock people.
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could the fact that we never hear Daniel referred to as anything short for daniel be an indication that the name could actually be pertinent? i don't know about you guys, but most of the daniels i know are dans or dannys by the time they're like 2. or at least are called by those names sometimes.

so... you really might not be looking for meaning in vain! i guess the purpose of this post is just moral support for all you hard-core researchers Very Happy

that biblical thing is a good direction, i think. i like it Smile
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilgoretroutlovesyou wrote:
Well, Crowley was very well read, as far as the bible is concerned. He surely did borrow a lot from it. So why not have Lonelygirl World borrow from it, too?

Next, the whole "The Beast" thing came from Crowley's own mother (a staunch EB Christian). So he took it up in sort of an ironic way. Then in sort of a "shock the world" kind of way. Then People started labelling him that because Christians often fear and denegrade anything different.

On a side note... He was quite a racist. He did personally advise Hitler. He did abuse a lot of drugs.

B ut as far as I know "The Beast" had very little to do with satan, sacrifices of any kind and definitely nothing apocalyptic.

actually there is debate as to if he actually advised hitler..though hitler being an avid occultist did certainly follow Crowley at least to a degree. Crowley actually engaged in a bit of espionage for the Brits....but I think that was world war I.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannahbee wrote:
could the fact that we never hear Daniel referred to as anything short for daniel be an indication that the name could actually be pertinent? i don't know about you guys, but most of the daniels i know are dans or dannys by the time they're like 2. or at least are called by those names sometimes.

so... you really might not be looking for meaning in vain! i guess the purpose of this post is just moral support for all you hard-core researchers Very Happy

that biblical thing is a good direction, i think. i like it Smile

My given name is Daniel and it is what I go by. By the time I was 18 it was what I introduced myself as. I always hated Danny.. Dan has always been fine... but I think there are those of us that LIKE being called Daniel.
However.. Daniel is UNDOUBTABLY chosen in this story for a reason...along with the Beast...
Remember...before we throw Daniel to the Lions as a NUTTY stalker...
in Hebrew his name means "God is my judge"..

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, I keep bring up the Hebrew meaning of his name, too.

Danny makes me think of the spooky kid in the first Shining, btw.

REDRUM! Shocked
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: You're reading into it too much Reply with quote

You're all reading too much into it. You're looking for things that just aren't there.

Daniel is a common male name. "Beast" is used for many things, not just Crowley or the bible.

I think no matter what his name and screen name were, those of you of the tin-foil hat variety would find some way to make it Satanic or accult.

For example, if his name was "John" and his screen name was "JohnSnake", you'd probably be like "Oh, well John wrote the Revalations of the Bible where they predict the beast, which is like Danielbeast, and also snake is a clear reference to Satan who was an actual Serpant from the Bible, CLEARLY this is all accult references."

See what I mean? You're looking for things that just aren't there. Stop playing GAMES. Our Creator wouldn't want us to do such things, Our Creators would rather we walk in light - Look for the Light.

Anyway, don't overthink yourselves. - JerseyJohnnyC
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke finally reveals his TRUE identity!!!!

HE'S DANIEL!!!!!

You've been screwing with us this whole time! You bastard!
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: You're reading into it too much Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
You're all reading too much into it. You're looking for things that just aren't there.

Daniel is a common male name. "Beast" is used for many things, not just Crowley or the bible.

I think no matter what his name and screen name were, those of you of the tin-foil hat variety would find some way to make it Satanic or accult.

For example, if his name was "John" and his screen name was "JohnSnake", you'd probably be like "Oh, well John wrote the Revalations of the Bible where they predict the beast, which is like Danielbeast, and also snake is a clear reference to Satan who was an actual Serpant from the Bible, CLEARLY this is all accult references."

See what I mean? You're looking for things that just aren't there. Stop playing GAMES. Our Creator wouldn't want us to do such things, Our Creators would rather we walk in light - Look for the Light.

Anyway, don't overthink yourselves. - JerseyJohnnyC

The difference being that here we are CLEARLY dealing with something that is steeped in the occult, so trying to find occult references isn't quite so bad, now is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: