Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cassie = Rosencrantz/Guildenstern RE: LG How My Parents Met

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Cassie = Rosencrantz/Guildenstern RE: LG How My Parents Met Reply with quote

Since this is a Cassie Is Watching related discussion, I am posting it here rather than under the Videos forum thread for this video.

Does anyone else think the new lonelygirl15 video is dissing cassieiswatching? In the video, "How My Parents Met" Bree is talking about her parents meeting at a performance of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead."

The main things that lead me to believe this references Cassie Is Watching are:

1. "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" being about secondary characters briefly seen/mentioned in Shakespeare's Hamlet.

2. "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" being a FAN FICTION spin-off of the characters created by Shakespeare. The play was written by Tom Stoppard in 1967.

3. "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" being popular with both fans of Shakespeare and non-fans alike.

4. The mention of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" being entirely about the inevitably of the character's fates being their focus...

5. The discussion between Bree's parents about the focus on that inevitably prohibiting a character from becoming anything more than the sum of their fate. This would be saying that the character of Cassie has been reduced to one who is entirely focused on her demise, rather than anything else of merit or backstory. But granted, she is SUCH a Cassandra (Greek tragedy reference for fellow drama nerds--sorry).

It's an interesting reference, and the only other way I think that it could be taken (as some here may take it) is that Bree and Daniel are secondary characters in Cassie's story.

But that would be like R&G coming out before Hamlet. Laughing
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i also noticed the similarities between R&G and CiW. thank you for pointing that out in such a succinct manner!
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannahbee wrote:
yes i also noticed the similarities between R&G and CiW. thank you for pointing that out in such a succinct manner!

No problem--like everyone else, I was so focused on the new CiW puzzle that it was be mere accident that I even noticed there was a new LG15 video! And then to my surprise, it seemed to be suggesting a tie-in or commentary of sorts. Laughing
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would the possibility be of Cassie being a sibling of Bree's?

Its not impossible that Bree's dad got a little frisky elsewhere before marraige?

Its also possible that this religion they are involved in is a little more "sharing" with everyone.

Could be a child born within the religious group but illegitimately?

Also, anyone confused about the religion/science mix?
Many scientists have trouble conforming to religion in general because there is no "proof" ??
dolphyn722
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think it's only a coincidence the way bree emphasizes "die" at 00:54? secondly, i'm new to this, but has anyone really looked into what could be involved in the ceremony- rosenkranz is german for a wreath of roses. dunno if any of this is meaningful, just stuff that has crossed my mind.
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...that seems totally related to the Cassie thing.

Does Cassie/Bree whoever have to die no matter what (well besides, the obvious everyone dies at some point thing)?

or

Can you (or us) affect their fate?
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a brief thought that maybe they were watching lordgreystoke pickin up the ladies in the "Get To Know Each Other" forum, and figured they would give a shoutout to successful LG15 hookups, er, relationships.

As far as the characters' deaths bein inevitable -- I think the gist of some ARGs is that we can prevent or change the course of events.

So, essentially, we could be "saving a life", in the story, that is.

We've all likely contributed to the loss of normal lives by spending so much time here Shocked Smile
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
I had a brief thought that maybe they were watching lordgreystoke pickin up the ladies in the "Get To Know Each Other" forum, and figured they would give a shoutout to successful LG15 hookups, er, relationships.

DAMN I just spit water all over my computer.

A WINNER IS YOU! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: