Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some helpful advice and warning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Music in the Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Some helpful advice and warning. Reply with quote

Hello, creators of LG15 and other people who use music in their video's on youtube or revver Smile. I myself work in the music industry. My work includes checking whether people who want to produce a CD or DVD use material which they own the rights to.

Now, with youtube there are various people who use music in their video's. Music which is the intellectual property of the record companies for which these artists have signed, or of themselves if they aren't signed with any company. Any use of this music on a website, on a CD, or as backing music on a video must be condoned by the intellectual property holder of the piece in question.
Of most of these video's on youtube or revver, I am quite certain that no record company or artist has given permission to use their music in your video.

Usually, when a record company finds this out they will ask youtube or the author of the vid to remove the video and be done with it. However, I should also note that some of the smaller artists/record companies might see this as free advertisement and therefore take no action about it.

However, with a site like revver coming up and authors actually getting paid for putting up video's with music in it to which they don't own the rights and don't have permission to use, record companies might actually sue the author of the video for missed profits.

So here's my advice to y'all, if you haven't gotten permission for the music in your video's, don't make these video's public. You might end up in legal trouble, especially if your video becomes too popular. Just ask the copyright holder if you can use their music in your video. It's as easy as that.

I sincerely hope LG15's crew has done this too, or they might get into serious trouble since they are now making quite a big buck out of revver revenues!
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revver reviews all videos before they let you post them on their site. Revver makes a point not to allow people to use copyrighted materials without the copyright owner’s permission. The biggest reason for this is because Revver also turns a profit on your video (the ad revenue is split 50/50) and they do not want to get sued either. But thanks for your concern and it is good advice for anyone else interested in making videos featuring copyrighted material.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
malan89
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: CAA Reply with quote

Cmon Man, the videos are produced by CAA! You don't think they would have taken care of everything?
Woo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the LG15 videos use music from a site (can't remember the name of it though..!) on which bands can upload their music for people to use for free for whatever purpose they like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Music in the Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: