Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon/Not Canon List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JayHank-
You're such a bright guy, and it is clear that you are also a supporter of this series. However, I've been trying to understand your concerns with "Lucy" appearing in "Nikki's" video. I only ask in the spirit of lonelyinterest, lonelyfriendship and lonelyclarification, not in the spirit of lonelyconfrontation. (Perhaps just lonelycuriosity)

This appearance didn't seem to advance the official story and was rather cute to watch. "Nikki" can videotape and upload anyone who lets her, I suppose.

I make "just fanfic" and it gets uploaded on the same page as NikkiBower's (and the creators of this series are not very fond of me). Certainly more people watch her, but that's because she has a great presence and more interesting videos than mine regardless of "special guest stars."

I can't really find any real advantage or negative issue in this appearance of "Lucy."

(And of course you can't stalk anyone, silly.)

Please explain, so I can understand how you feel this changes the canon situation.

thanks,
gogo
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
JayHank
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Hey JayHank-
You're such a bright guy

Thanks Gogo! Good point.

It's sorta complicated because this is the first time that a canon (non-stuffed) character has appeared in "fan fiction." I'm not complaining, but I'm curious how the Creators would like us to treat this at the LGPedia? In other words, was this actually Lucy? Or did this only happen in the "NikkiB-niverse."

And either way, I'd observe it's a little bit silly to say that Alli D./Nikki B. is "just fanfic" like the rest of people who make fanfiction. Itscassie is plugging away out there, and I don't think Lucy is going to be making any cameos in her videos.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. I can see how this can be tricky for those needing to define issues in the LGPedia. Nikki's access and connection to the producers, while not (yet) having an impact on the offical story, I suppose, could be referred to as Apocrypha. (This is the best term I could dig up.) I am sure there is a more concise term for this situation. If you and the other LGPedians find the best term, let us know. I am sure people would be interested. Or at least me.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I can see how this can be tricky for those needing to define issues in the LGPedia. Nikki's access and connection to the producers, while not (yet) having an impact on the offical story, I suppose, could be referred to as Apocrypha. (This is the best term I could dig up.) I am sure there is a more concise term for this situation. If you and the other LGPedians find the best term, let us know. I am sure people would be interested. Or at least me.

Oooo like those "licenced" Star ____ books.
If we make a list she should be under that heading becuase that is apt as all get out.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
that is apt as all get out.
tigerlilylynn- I just had to respond because I really like the word "apt." People don't use it enough...

Now, back on topic:

Yes, perhaps there is a new category in our midst...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, there is already a distinction made. There's no need for anyone to feel slighted because they are what they know they are...fanfic. It's not like that. It's about people not getting confused, not posting in the wrong area to only get jumped on. There are those who are confirmed canon, the area to discuss that is the plot discussion and video discussion. The areas labed spin off and fanfic are where spin off and fanfic get moved to. All we need is a sticky in the video and/or plot discussion that has CONFIRMED canon characters...that's it. Sorry, it really does not need to be this complicated.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja- We can't let this issue tear us apart, girlfriend...Everyone knows that you are part of the official tell-it-like-it-is canon. However, when you get annoyed, you somehow resemble a ready-to-be-lit-fuse on a cannon (which is why you are so fun). Wink
Hey, creators- Please post another video stat! Kasdeja's gonna blow...

Anyhow, regardless of official/not offical status, I always feel slighted in basically every situation in life, no matter what. I am quite sensitive like that. Even my closest friends call me Professor Sensitive. It's rather distressing.

Almost as distressing as this thread which has veered from its original question, went off on several tangents, brought up new, compelling issues, touched upon some non-compelling issues and ends with an ironically sound/apt statement:
Kasdeja wrote:
All we need is a sticky in the video and/or plot discussion that has CONFIRMED canon characters...that's it.

Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Look, there is already a distinction made. There's no need for anyone to feel slighted because they are what they know they are...fanfic. It's not like that. It's about people not getting confused, not posting in the wrong area to only get jumped on. There are those who are confirmed canon, the area to discuss that is the plot discussion and video discussion. The areas labed spin off and fanfic are where spin off and fanfic get moved to. All we need is a sticky in the video and/or plot discussion that has CONFIRMED canon characters...that's it. Sorry, it really does not need to be this complicated.

This seems like a very simple and reasonable request to me. I think you are right Kasdeja, this would eliminate a lot of confusion and hard feelings. I hope this is adopted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: