Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crowley and Sacrifice...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

"But the bloody sacrifice, though more dangerous, is more efficacious; and for nearly all purposes human sacrifice is the best.

The animal should therefore be killed within the Circle, or the Triangle, as the case may be, so that its energy cannot escape. An animal should be selected whose nature accords with that of the ceremony--thus, by sacrifcing a female lamb one would not obtain any appreciate quantity of the fierce energy useful to a Magician who was invoking Mars. In such acase a ram would be more suitable. And this ram should be virgin--the whole potential of its original total energy should not have been diminished in any way. For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force. A female child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim."

Uh. Wow.

Last edited by ViolinAddict on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
syncomm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

ViolinAddict wrote:
I found this on a website about masonry entitled: "Crowley a 33degree mason who knew about human sacrifice"

Aleister Crowley was most certainly not a Freemason, please see my post in the thread titled "Some info about Thelema, Masonry, and a few new..." in this forum (I believe it appears near the end of page 2 of the responses)
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

syncomm wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:
I found this on a website about masonry entitled: "Crowley a 33degree mason who knew about human sacrifice"

Aleister Crowley was most certainly not a Freemason, please see my post in the thread titled "Some info about Thelema, Masonry, and a few new..." in this forum (I believe it appears near the end of page 2 of the responses)

Yes, I know... but I don't think that that makes that information any less credible.
Hriliu
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

syncomm wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:

He was. But he was under the jurisdiction of French masonery and because of English Masons didn't allowed him to enter their Lodges.

93 93/93

B.
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

Hriliu wrote:
syncomm wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:

He was. But he was under the jurisdiction of French masonery and because of English Masons didn't allowed him to enter their Lodges.

93 93/93

B.

What is the significance with the number 93?
Hriliu
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

asenath wrote:
Hriliu wrote:
syncomm wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:

93 93/93

B.

thelema - agape
both have same numerical values and this is 93.

more about this you can read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/93_(Thelema)
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

Hriliu wrote:
asenath wrote:
Hriliu wrote:
syncomm wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:

93 93/93

B.

thelema - agape

Thank you. I would've just googled it, but I didn't think it would really be very useful since it's a number and could have had a million different results all pertaining to something completely different than the next.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now you're not only spreading lies about Thelema and Crowley, but freemasons as well? Great... I'm sure all those old men playing checkers down at the masonic lodge are pure evil...

God, save me from your followers.

As far as a child, of either sex, just remember...it can be the potential and not the result.

As far as the Book of the Law, please do yourself a favor and don't quote it until you've at least read what the commentary says about the verse in question.

AL III,51: "With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross."

The New Comment

We are to consider carefully the particular attach of Heru Ra Ha against each of these 'gods' or prophets; for though they be, or represent, the Magi of the past, the curse of their Grade must consume them.
Thus it is the eyes of 'Jesus' -- his point of view -- that must be destroyed; and this point of view is wrong because of his Magical Gesture of self-sacrifice.

One must not for a moment suppose that this verse supports the historicity of 'Jesus.' 'Jesus' is not, and never was, a man; but he was a 'god,' just as a bundle of old rags and a kerosene tin on a bush may be a 'god.' There is a man-made idea, built of ignorance, fear, and meanness, for the most part, which we call 'Jesus,' and which has been tricked out from time to time with various gauds from Paganism, and Judaism.

The subject of 'Jesus' is, most unfortunately, too extensive for a note; it is treated fully in my book 888.

AL III,52: "I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him."

The New Comment

Mohammed's point of view is wrong too; but he needs no such sharp correction as 'Jesus.' It is his face -- his outward semblance -- that is to be covered with His wings. The tenets of Islam, correctly interpreted, are not far from our Way of Life and Light and Love and Liberty. This applies especially to the secret tenets. The external creed is mere nonsense suited to the intelligence of the peoples among whom it was promulgated; but even so, Islam is Magnificent in practice. Its code is that of a man of courage and honour and self-respect; contrasting admirably with the cringing cowardice of the damnation-dodging Christians with their unmanly and dishonest acceptance of vicarious sacrifice, and their currish conception of themselves as 'born in sin,' 'miserable sinners' with 'no health in us.'
derbygirl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Crowley and Sacrifice... Reply with quote

Hriliu wrote:

thelema - agape

Yeah I read it because I too was wondering the significance.....still doesn't make sense though. Don't suppose you'd care to expand on it---I'm just very curious since you use it in every post.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using random evangelical Christian right-wing conspiracy theory websites as a source of information about Aleister Crowley is sort of like using old Nazi propaganda as a source of information about the biography of Winston Churchill

derbygirl wrote:
Hriliu wrote:

thelema - agape

Yeah I read it because I too was wondering the significance.....still doesn't make sense though. Don't suppose you'd care to expand on it---I'm just very curious since you use it in every post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know HUMAN SACRIFICE is a far sexier piece of speculation tail than other theories, but I think we ought to give it a rest.

I severely doubt that Bree's religion beliefs are Evil or Very Mad evil Twisted Evil.

They would not have gone through the 35 video trouble of making her likeable just to make her unlikeable. All good characters need ambiguity, so I think these rumours are cool, but in all likelyhood, Bree's a good guy.

Is she part of a Blood-Thirsty Elder God Humping Uber Cult who wishes to sacrifice her tender virgin flesh to appease the ever-ravishing appetite of gay-flag-burning-satan, himself?

Probably not.

Is she a flawed good guy? Boy, I hope so. Will her beliefs be tested? I hope so. Will she end up not discounting her "demon-religion" entirely? Christ, I hope not. In fact if she stops being a Thelemite, I will be greatly let down.

Will she find some middle ground, in the end? I sure hope so.

Now, THAT'S good TV.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a good chance the Creators are going with the misogynistic "naive virgin about to be sacrificed by generic forces of evil who has to be saved by a dashing young male rationalist" plot, but it's more likely that's the red herring they're using to trick us

ravensgrace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
God, save me from your followers.

An asian man steals. Are all asians thieves?

A large group cannot be characterized by an individual member.

Sfonzarelli wrote:
Using random evangelical Christian right-wing conspiracy theory websites as a source of information about Aleister Crowley is sort of like using old Nazi propaganda as a source of information about the biography of Winston Churchill

A flaky tabloid prints, "Hitler was a Nazi." Does that make it a lie?

A fact is not negated by the quality of it's source.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:

A flaky tabloid prints, "Hitler was a Nazi." Does that make it a lie?

A fact is not negated by the quality of it's source.

Which fact are you talking about? The fact that Crowley advocated animal sacrifice? (common knowledge) Or the fact that he was a 33rd degree freemason who knew about the prevailant act of human sacrifice among the Illuminati? (Notsomuch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: