Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flashbang from the Human Ransom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KelQuelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Flashbang from the Human Ransom Reply with quote

I know this is a little old now, but how exactly did Bree get out of the elevator after the flash thingy went off? wouldn't she have been "stunned" (or whatever) by it too? this has kind of been bothering me...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an ongoing quetion for all of us. Lots of theories...but we don't really know.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kas is right, but it basically boils down to one of two things:

It was a specially modified flashbang that would only work on people over the age of 18;

It was cool to put in the video, but the writer/director didn't look into it too closely and so its effects weren't accurate.

IRL, everyone in that elevator, especially in such an enclosed space, would have been out, no matter how prepared they were. The elevator would have gone to the floor that it was pressed when the doors closed, and their escape would have been screwed Smile
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest PM'ing Itsreallyreal and asking him about the effects...apparently he has personal experience. Laughing
Eric
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been flash-banged (heh ... sorry, that just sounds funny), but my impression is that they're more disorienting than disabling. If you're ready for it and prepare by doing things like squeeze your eyes shut and jam your fingers in your ears you can avoid some of the effects. Maybe Bree was wearing ear plugs.

That being said, there's still a small explosive involved even in flash bangs. I'd imagine that in quarters as close as an elevator car there'd be the real danger of some actual physical injury occuring.

It's a bit far fetched, but hey, it's fiction, suspend your disbelief a little. Very Happy
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a whole lot of possibilities, and as everyone has stated, no one knows for sure. I thought that when Bree called out, "Wait," she must have exited the elevator at that point. I don't know for sure, though!!
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbella, when you see the flashbang go off you can also see that bree is still in the elevator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: