Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HSA - [puzzle] Prof Boone's Four Symbols

View previous topic :: View next topic  
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: HSA - [puzzle] Prof Boone's Four Symbols Reply with quote

Has anyone else been to Professor Boone's classroom to see the four symbols he left for us to think about? They also appear in Ms Kelly's "Thanks For Listening" vid. (I think it's significant to listen to what she is saying as each of these images appears... I think the narration provides additional clues to those images.)

I've been doing a little research on them... I have a little information for all four, but have only managed to put together anything coherent for the first. Has anyone else come up with anything? One of the things I couldn't help noticing was that there are four questions that Ms Kelly has outlined for us to answer... and four symbols from Prof Boone. Is it possible that each of these symbols is a clue to answering the four Luminous Questions?
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOHH, great idea Selena! they may relate to her questions, i hadn't thought about that.....

theresa
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Prof Boone's Four Symbols Reply with quote

selena wrote:
I have a little information for all four, but have only managed to put together anything coherent for the first.

Do you mean the morning star? Please post what you found!

selena wrote:
Is it possible that each of these symbols is a clue to answering the four Luminous Questions?

This is an interesting concept. you may be on to something here.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for what it's worth, I did a little breakdown on the video based on what you proposed, Selena -

(I put them here for reference, I didnt' try to associate them with any of the symbols yet.)
The four Luminous Questions:
Who are they?

What do they seek?

What have they done?

Why is she allowing it?

Images from Professor Boones Office:

Consider your assignments to be like pieces of a puzzle. I believe that if we work together, we will be able to fit these pieces together in order to find this larger truth.

[Luminous]
It's about being whole. Gaps need to be filled. _______collected, sorted, catagorized. Darkness is so similar to light, clean, pure, and we need to cleanse. Stars are like the sun, they're just farther away. and only at night. Morning stars worry us, but for all the wrong reasons. A Kachina ______ _________ but I wouldn't know, cause I grew up as a girl.
(morning Star)

[Jane]
There's so many things I don't understand. You know what I mean when I say I feel "altered". I am compelled and urged. It's like holding my breath when the suffocation never comes. It's like breathing underwater without the burn. Air is alive. And water is essential. (water symbol)

[Selena]
Means moon, or sky or heavens. Atlas's daughters were raised into stars, all at the hands of Zeus. Selena was just one of them. It's about power, and how people use it. And images can extract. Prometheus was a rebel and hero. And I know because I went through ____________ burn with heat. [hexagon]

Image Pluto and Moons.

[Theresa]
He knew the man who collects my paperwork. I don't like being told I am wrong, when I know I'm not wrong.

[longlost]
Listen. My dreams soothe and sway, allow me peace as I splash and dive, and when I wake up I feel so rested, yet, somethings pulling. (enso)

This is far from being perfect or complete. It's late for me, so there are probably alot of mistakes, but I wanted to start looking at these in relationship with each other - filling in the blanks, collecting, sorting, categorizing. Dang, Ms. Kelly totally has me pegged Wink
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we each take a symbol and research it?? then we can get ideas on perspectives on what each might mean and how they relate to the four questions...

theresa
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
[Luminous]
It's about being whole. Gaps need to be filled. _______collected, sorted, catagorized. Darkness is so similar to light, clean, pure, and we need to cleanse. Stars are like the sun, they're just farther away. and only at night. Morning stars worry us, but for all the wrong reasons. A Kachina ______ _________ but I wouldn't know, cause I grew up as a girl.

[Jane]
There's so many things I don't understand. You know what I mean when I say I feel "altered". I am compelled and urged. It's like holding my breath when the suffocation never comes. It's like breathing underwater without the burn. Air is alive. And water is essential.

[Selena]
Means moon, or sky or heavens. Atlas's daughters were raised into stars, all at the hands of Zeus. Selena was just one of them. It's about power, and how people use it. And images can extract. Prometheus was a rebel and hero. And I know because I went through ____________ burn with heat.

[Theresa]
He knew the man who collects my paperwork. I don't like being told I am wrong, when I know I'm not wrong.

[longlost]
Listen. My dreams soothe and sway, allow me peace as I splash and dive, and when I wake up I feel so rested, yet, somethings pulling.
I think the missing spaces are as follows:

* Gaps need to be filled, lists collected...
* A Kachina to some, but I wouldn't know...
* And I know, because my winter room burns heat.
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Prof Boone's Four Symbols Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
selena wrote:
I have a little information for all four, but have only managed to put together anything coherent for the first.

Do you mean the morning star? Please post what you found!
It's kind of long... I've been keeping thoughts and observations together in blog form, just so I can find it all in one place. The morning star post can be found there... http://selena-darksideofthemoon.blogspot.com/ I'm in the process of putting together some info on the others... it would be awesome if we could pool together what we find.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Prof Boone's Four Symbols Reply with quote

selena wrote:
I've been keeping thoughts and observations together in blog form, just so I can find it all in one place. I'm in the process of putting together some info on the others... it would be awesome if we could pool together what we find.

Laughing That's funny! I've been doing the same thing myself, we think alike. The post I made last night I organized first blog form before I brought it over here Smile

Edit: I just read your blog. Very thorough and well done. There is a lot to digest. Maybe we don't think alike. You are far more insightful Illuminati Idea
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Prof Boone's Four Symbols Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Laughing That's funny! I've been doing the same thing myself, we think alike. The post I made last night I organized first blog form before I brought it over here Smile

Edit: I just read your blog. Very thorough and well done. There is a lot to digest. Maybe we don't think alike. You are far more insightful Illuminati Idea
Embarassed Well thanks... I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but I appreciate the encouragement.

I just think that everyone has something to bring to the table... when I was reading the entries for our first assignment, there were some in there that had a very different perspective from the way I had looked at it... and that's exactly what makes a group effort so valuable. Every contribution allows us to expand our thinking just a little farther...
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that I've been so busy. This is great! I'll look into those symbols some more.

Quote:
[Jane]
There's so many things I don't understand. You know what I mean when I say I feel "altered". I am compelled and urged. It's like holding my breath when the suffocation never comes. It's like breathing underwater without the burn. Air is alive. And water is essential.

I think I confuse people Cool Laughing

Edit: Selena your site is wonderful. I shall bookmark it Smile
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the images/links here old?

http://hsao.net/booneoffice.html

(I didn't want to start a new topic for something that is a yes or no answer. ) Embarassed
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
Are the images/links here old?

http://hsao.net/booneoffice.html
I don't think any of the links in Prof Boone's office are from this term.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: