Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to keep players/gain new players

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: How to keep players/gain new players Reply with quote

January 26, 2007

That is the last time that we've gotten any video from a character from the ARG. And no, I'm not counting the Bree/Tachyon vid since it was officially an LG vid.

If you want to keep players playing, and get new people interested, don't wait 40 days or so and still not give us anything from the characters that make the game. How are we supposed to get new people interested if all we can show them are 6 week old videos and puzzles that were solved in a couple of hours, and discussed for weeks w/o any confirmation, explaination, or it going anywhere?

Just a thought...
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people have tried to put shows on the internet but IMO if you don't have a level of interactivity you're not making full use of the medium and not giving me a reason to watch something better I can easily find on TV. I don't play the ARG but I acknowlege its one of the ways LG15 offers this interactivity that needs to excel to make the show as successful as it can be. To me it would seem there are two levels of participation in the ARG 1) puzzle solving and 2) retrieval of drops. It appears they are trying to appeal to new puzzle solvers but why not appeal to new people to retrieve drops? Theoretically it would be a way for new people to get involved even if they weren't into the puzzles.

I was shocked that they didn't take the opportunity to plant drops to wherever cast and crew may have been traveling to over the holidays. For ex., they could have given something to Yousef.

The Creators will be in Texas next week for SXSW they could easily leave something behind there.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
A lot of people have tried to put shows on the internet but IMO if you don't have a level of interactivity you're not making full use of the medium and not giving me a reason to watch something better I can easily find on TV. I don't play the ARG but I acknowlege its one of the ways LG15 offers this interactivity that needs to excel to make the show as successful as it can be. To me it would seem there are two levels of participation in the ARG 1) puzzle solving and 2) retrieval of drops. It appears they are trying to appeal to new puzzle solvers but why not appeal to new people to retrieve drops? Theoretically it would be a way for new people to get involved even if they weren't into the puzzles.

I was shocked that they didn't take the opportunity to plant drops to wherever cast and crew may have been traveling to over the holidays. For ex., they could have given something to Yousef.

The Creators will be in Texas next week for SXSW they could easily leave something behind there.

They aren't appealing to the puzzlers either, believe me.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:

This is a fabulous idea! I know I would be much more into the ARG part of the series if there were any chance that I'd be able to participate in the drops (I'm on the East Coast). I'm not that good on the puzzles (my hat is off to those who do them), but I can absolutely pick things up, lol!

And, yes, it is way past time to have some of the other characters get back into the game, so to speak.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to keep players/gain new players Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
January 26, 2007

That is the last time that we've gotten any video from a character from the ARG. And no, I'm not counting the Bree/Tachyon vid since it was officially an LG vid.

If you want to keep players playing, and get new people interested, don't wait 40 days or so and still not give us anything from the characters that make the game. How are we supposed to get new people interested if all we can show them are 6 week old videos and puzzles that were solved in a couple of hours, and discussed for weeks w/o any confirmation, explaination, or it going anywhere?

Just a thought...

surrealisticpill wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fPoHiAbuAE

here's a video of their panel.

from some ARG thing they went to.

and i don't have anything really to say about it
(or should i say, anything that wouldn't have to be heavily censored anyway)

i'll leave it with...

blah
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we want the same quality from the ARG, we should *really* try to wait patiently. It's hard to be creative and productive when people are constantly complaining. I appreciate everything the Creators and Glenn have done for us so far, and they've made it clear that they appreciate, us, the fans. I think we will be rewarded for sticking around.

There has been a steady stream of noobs stopping by #operationaphid, and we've explained to them that we're waiting, and we expect great things. Most of them keep coming back to chat, even though there hasn't been a new puzzle for a while. I can understand the concern about attracting and retaining players, but I think once the ball gets rolling again, this won't be an issue.

If you watch that video of the ARGFest Panel, notice what Glenn says at the end about how managing OpAphid/Tachyon basically consumed his life. I'm sure if any of you had the oppurtunity to write and direct LG15 videos, you'd jump on it too. No doubt Glenn's new role in LG15 has detracted from the game, but the videos have been great. Last night on the radio show, the Creators said Glenn is hard at work coming up with new stuff for the ARG. I have faith that we won't be disappointed with the ARG if we wait just a while longer. Afterall, everything Glenn has done so far has been awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: