Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[VIDEO] 0151 - Aunt Alex
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPackage wrote:
I dunno, but sending angry letters might have the opposite effect you're going for.

One time, I volunteered to help clean up a beach, picking up trash, etc. Some guy that lived nearby angrily asked one of the other people why it took us so long to come by and do it. After being told we were volunteers and not getting paid to do the work, the guy didn't really seem to care. He didn't understand that volunteering to do work is not the same as being obliged/paid to do it.

After that, the urge to just drop all the trash on his porch and go enjoy our Sunday doing other things was pretty high.

I have to agree with McP... We really don't have the right to complain so much and make demands. I'm sure the're doing the best they can. I don't think bitching and moaning helps them get their work done any better or faster.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:
McPackage wrote:
I dunno, but sending angry letters might have the opposite effect you're going for.

One time, I volunteered to help clean up a beach, picking up trash, etc. Some guy that lived nearby angrily asked one of the other people why it took us so long to come by and do it. After being told we were volunteers and not getting paid to do the work, the guy didn't really seem to care. He didn't understand that volunteering to do work is not the same as being obliged/paid to do it.

After that, the urge to just drop all the trash on his porch and go enjoy our Sunday doing other things was pretty high.

I have to agree with McP... We really don't have the right to complain so much and make demands. I'm sure the're doing the best they can. I don't think bitching and moaning helps them get their work done any better or faster.

No one formally complained on the forums until well after the great plot drought. As a group I feel everyone was extremely self-restrained and proved their loyalty to and their respect and admiration for the PM.

It's past ridiculous now.

As for not having the right to complain, I disagree. If it wasn't for the fans/players of the ARG, the PM would have posted a vid or two and it would have gone nowhere. If it wasn't for the fans/players, the ARG would never have become canon, and the PM would not have been given the opportunities to write and direct for LG15 or the resulting appearances he has been making infront of various groups.

The PM has forgotten his fans.

If there was going to be a break in the game like this, the PM should have given the players some respect in return by letting us know, instead of the string-along we received. As for the excuses about a lack of time -- bullshit. It's actually a choice to allocate the time to LG15.

It's called selling out. Yeah, I said it.

The players are fed up for justifiable reasons.
And are dropping like flies.

Last edited by sphinx on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:
As for not having the right to complain, I disagree. If it wasn't for the fans/players of the ARG, the PM would have posted a vid or two and it would have gone nowhere. If it wasn't for the fans/players, the ARG would never have become canon, and the PM would not have been given the opportunities to write and direct for LG15 or the resulting appearances he has been making infront of various groups.

exactly.
this has been one of my main points all along.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horcruxes wrote:
sphinx wrote:

exactly.
this has been one of my main points all along.

Yeah.

I can't disagree more with the picking up trash analogy in this thread.

This wasn't something the PM did for us out of the goodness of his heart.
The gains here have been on both sides. At first the PM got the satisfaction of the creation, which led to the opportunities he's been given since.

Neglect your fans, expect to hear about the lack of appreciation.

If it wasn't for the players, I would be long gone.
It's the only thing keeping our ever-decreasing group around.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:

If it wasn't for the players, I would be long gone.
It's the only thing keeping our ever-decreasing group around.

Just thought that needed repeating...
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already stated my feelings on this at length, so I'll just sum up.

Good for the PM for selling out, at least for his sake. He will get paid to do what he wasn't before, and it seems he loves what he is doing now. But I want to make this clear: he is not doing what got him the job in the first place.

He has neglected the narrative, neglected his characters, and now has neglected those of us that brought him the attention of the Creators in the first place. I'd go so far as to say there is no OpAphid ARG anymore, only the ARG aspect of LG15. I know I'm channeling some very old spirits here, but this stopped being a true ARG when he revealed himself in the LGpedia, among other things...

So are new players going to agree with those of us that have played since October? No, of course not, and they shouldn't have to. Are players like myself going to be horribly pissed off about what has happened since Canon Day? (and lets all be honest with ourselves, the start of the decline is that day) Of course we are. No specifics needed anymore, I'm sure you've heard it all before.

We started out with total interaction, intriguing plot, challenging puzzles with immediate confirmation of clues and movement to the next plot point or character. We are now dealing with convoluted plot, 10 or more filler videos in between anything that deals with the "ARG", 1 dimensional characters, NO INTERACTION, and a total sense that we put in the attention, the hours, the work for nothing.

So the PM sold out. Good for him! He has to deal with the complaints, the anger, the total apathy to his creation now. We have every right to complain, but only so long as we realize that there is nothing we can say to change anything. I used to play because it entertained the hell out of me. I now play because of the people I made friends with, and the need to keep this "ARG" going in hope of better days ahead. I'm an optimist like that, but one with a firm sense of realism.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you guys should all sublimate your frustration at this ARG and come check out the FacilityJ ARG. I've been playing it for a little while, and, while probably non-canon, it's pretty compelling.

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Facility_J

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7286
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG is right, I've been looking at the FacilityJ ARG. Not my cup o' tea, since they mail out all the drops Wink but still worth a look everyone. Lots of DNA!!!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really interesting...but all that DNA decoding makes my wittle bwain huwt Laughing
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
etc. etc.

ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:
ladron121 wrote:
etc. etc.

That is the best thing ever, and should be handed out to everyone on the forums!

<3 sphinx
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I checked out the J stuff and, although it may appeal to some, it's not for me. It's a lot of DNA puzzles, being mailed to individuals, without the good vs evil aspect.

Have fun.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
TOSG is right, I've been looking at the FacilityJ ARG. Not my cup o' tea, since they mail out all the drops Wink but still worth a look everyone. Lots of DNA!!!

Speaking of which, we're looking for someone near Princeton, NJ to look into a possible drop. I know that most of the OpAphid drop retrievers are based on the West Coast, but if you guys know of anyone...
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG, feel free to use my D.R.O.P. thread in the General Discussion area to make a call for drop people. I don't know of anyone in the NJ area
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
ladron121 wrote:

Speaking of which, we're looking for someone near Princeton, NJ to look into a possible drop. I know that most of the OpAphid drop retrievers are based on the West Coast, but if you guys know of anyone...

haha, I'd be out that way but not till april... sorry, but all these people around there has to be some east coasters around. Good luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: