Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PM's = Private Messaging System, not Public

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: PM's = Private Messaging System, not Public Reply with quote

This is more so a comment to some people on the forums.

I've been flipping through a lot of articles and replies and threads throughout the forum (including the rubbish bin) noticing a trend with some people. And it's a trend that doesn't make any sense to me.
And I really want to make something clear to some of these people that are guilty of this...well in all honesty, ridiculous act.

Private Messaging (PM) has a very key word in the title. Private. Announcing it to the Public forum that you have sent a Private Message through the system, completely defeats the purpose for two reasons:

1) Announcing that you have sent a Private Message sparks curiosity amoungst members, allowing them to ask question and demand answer on what type of nature the Private message was. Totally illiminating the purpose of Privacy.
2)Typically writing nature and etict in a situation of such when announcing that you have PM-ed a person demands that you explain the nature Private message just out of habit honestly. Example:

Quote:
So-and-so I have sent you a private message to you regarding your comments.
I find them smart and eliquently said

you see, the nature of the Private Message, has been displayed for the Public Forum to see. (Ok that was a bad example...but there are better ones around)

Wether we mean to do so or not, it is done in complete habit.

Also I would like to note that when doing so, can leave you open for unwelcomed critisms from others as this action of announcing a private message in a public forum makes no lick of sense what so ever.

(please note that this is note directed at any said person, I wish for it to be read, and taken into account. I would also like for people to make conscience choices while posting so we can avoid flaming. When things are done in way that defeat the purposes that it is set up for, you are left open to be flamed. And frankly, I wish to not see anyone flamed on this board anymore, because I love you all!)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to add that this practice can not be done out of courtesy as it is no courtesy to "air dirty laundry."

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will, naturally, vary by case.
I generally see this sort of message in situations where the fight has been public and one side or the other goes "I PM'd you" to keep the other side and the other side's friends and their own friends from perpetuating the fight on the board.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gotta agree with tiger on this one.
acidfingers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree with pill agreeing with tiger on this one
[13:09:39] <marlasinger> acid's like a pussy sore, if you keep playing with it it just gets worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: