Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0152-Training Hard [3/12/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joygasm
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:
Lurker wrote:
Flautapantera wrote:
Where's Owen?!? I understand that Bree's doing some serious introspection as of late and finally maturing, but her stuffed animals were always helpful and entertaining. At least the cancer made an appearance...

I miss Owen. Sad

"Helpful"? When you say that you mean they helped us stop liking her, right?

But speaking of us liking Bree, it looks like we may be on the right track. She's starting to turn into a human being, I think. Apparently the training's caused her to feel sensations like pain. Now if Tachyon can only help her realize that everyone has those feelings, she'll be ready to re-enter society.

God, I can't stop insulting her anymore, even when I'm trying to be positive and acknowledge that she seems a little better. I've become bitter. And I blame Bree. See, there it is again.

Okay, fighting back the bitterness for a second, it's a good start. Looking forward to what happens next. Thinking positive. I'll stop here while I'm winning.

douchbag Rolling Eyes

I bow to your vastly superior powers of argumentation.

[

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HisGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PixieSailor wrote:
I think this video tried to show (subtle as it may be) Bree at least TRYING to grow up. She had a touch of how she was in the early videos, but something else was there. She was cutesy, but I sensed something else. Something hardened, if that makes any sense. I don't think Bree will become Tachy Jr, but I do think this will do wonders to mature her.

As for her personality, I can't see that changing. She's still going to have that childlike innocence, I think. Just slightly less annoying.

I agree. Also, I think people are hard to please (myself in particular) if bree would've turned into a baddie toughie bree overnight, we would have never bought it. The creators seem to have a choice: listening to us whine about it taking too long for bree to mature, or listen to us whine that she matured too fast.

just like when her "dad" died. either we would whine that she was mourning too long, or that she didn't mourn long enough. There was no way to win.

We want Bree to be the perfect character... to only act appropriately all the time in every situation- but then we'd cry... "she's too perfect!"

I picture the creators (after working their butts off getting a vid up a day for us) finally throwing their hands up in the air, screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US???"
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
I think this is a completely stupid direction to take Tachyon. A camp? She was on the run, when the HELL did she have time to set this up? When did she get this organized? Scissor kicks, hand stands... WHAT? I mean... come on.

This probably just seems whiny, but I don't think this feels like Tachyon. She had to be organized in her own way, of course-- to plant a corpse obviously takes organized work-- but CAMPS? I don't know, I'm probably completely alone in this, but it doesn't feel right.

Her wit, her general, aloof, sarcasic badass...ness... it just doesn't... I don't know.

something is definitely fishy
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like Bree was high this whole video Shocked
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt a lot of people say they hoped tachyon would show bree how to be a badass like herself?
hollishillis
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree somethings not right about her in this vid...either she is brainwashed or she gained a personality that isn't whiny...
either way not normal haha.
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I almost forgot!

Haha! Tachyon's a ninja!!

Rolling Eyes

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that Bree is bored with the whole thing is very telling. As serious as she wants to take all that has happened and is happening to her, she still has much that is childlike inside of her. Instead of being thrilled at the training and respecting how much work Tachyon seems to have done to prepare herself, we find Bree making jokes and comments about the whole thing.

Perhaps she isn't as ready to grow up as she thinks?

Or perhaps she knows more then she is telling and feels no reason to take any of this seriously?
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmadness wrote:
I have a feeling this was, in part, an attempt by the creators to make Bree "likable" agian, due to all the speculation of them making her less likeable on purpose. Sorry if that didn't make sense, lack of sleep. Just kind of their way of clearing things up...
As was the "Snow Angels" vid.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mvidrine wrote:
Lurker, you're one of the best posters on the forum, and I'm glad tohave influenced you.

Thanks, Mvid. Something about the whole "She's all mixed up" thing managed to make me feel sorry for her again and think she'll pull this whole maturing thing off.

I remember being mixed up once. Didn't tie anyone up in their own house or anything like that, but it was unpleasant, so I guess I've still got some symapthy left for her and believe she might yet be human.

Mvidrine wrote:
That being said, the creators still have several months before the actors' contracts are up, so expect some more drama, but I'm praying it won't be as bad and bree won't be as crazy. Seeing how well Daniel has evolved as a charicter makes me think Bree can evolve too

I'll try to tell myself that too.

joygasm wrote:
Lurker wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:
douchbag Rolling Eyes

I bow to your vastly superior powers of argumentation.

I take it that was the appropriate response?

HisGirl wrote:
I picture the creators (after working their butts off getting a vid up a day for us) finally throwing their hands up in the air, screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US???"

Yeah, we do seem to make it seem like they can never win. I really only complain about Bree these days, though, I think. I've been loving all the recent videos. The writing, directing, and acting have been great, and it actually has felt like things are going places at a good pace (there's been a lot of plot developments).

I think they may have hit their stride and found the right pacing for the series. I knew they'd get there.

And, of course, it's been great how we've gotten so many episodes lately. Poor people who can only watch on YouTube, though. They're probably gnawing their arms off by now; YT's only up to "On The Road Again."
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
I'm not 100% convinced that Bree is actually with Tachyon...she's acting very odd in this video.
Me neither. It struck me odd when Daniel said that Tachyon came and picked her up; I've been suspicious about her actual whereabouts ever since.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently made a fan vid that I would like you guys to watch. Its in regards to Bree's odd behavior. I think it may give some insight to those who are having such trouble with her character now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmxpVYK5Exg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jeezy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
bethy wrote:
I'm not 100% convinced that Bree is actually with Tachyon...she's acting very odd in this video.
Me neither. It struck me odd when Daniel said that Tachyon came and picked her up; I've been suspicious about her actual whereabouts ever since.

If not with Tachyon... then where? with who? The order????
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
I recently made a fan vid that I would like you guys to watch. Its in regards to Bree's odd behavior. I think it may give some insight to those who are having such trouble with her character now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmxpVYK5Exg
Beautifully done. Thanks for the link; you captured what I feel about Bree so well.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeezy wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
bethy wrote:

If not with Tachyon... then where? with who? The order????
Possibly the Order, but I can't say for sure. The Vernal Equinox is coming up. See the thread on Crowley and the Vernal Equinox under "Her Religion".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: