Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats up with your life?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
and still consider myself a band and theatre geek.

And suddenly her love of "Jazz Hands" becomes crystal clear Wink

Okay, I'm Steve and I've lived in Oregon since 1997. Before that I lived in Reno, NV (born and bred in Sin City's northern cousin). All I can say about Reno is I sure like living in Oregon. I'm 32, married, and I've also done a bit of writing. I have a completed suspense novel that I can't find representation for ("it's just too dark"), I was a Bakery Manager for 5 years and now I run a website for a TV station. I love reading (mostly fiction), music (too many genres to name) and films. I currently have all the necessary tools to make a film except for one - the time.

As for religion - I guess I'm agnostic in that I firmly believe in a power larger than us but I don't necessarily believe that our religions now their ass from their elbows. I do think that organized religion has done some good in the world (feeding the poor, etc) but they've also done plenty of bad (Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistiton!)

Anyway, that's me as complete as can be in a short, quick forum post Wink
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
joygasm
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My type of discussion... I am not reading the other replies before I post this... I will comment on them afterwards.

I am 24. I am have lived all over Tennessee since I was 13. I was born in Germany (army brat) and have lived in Texas, Alabama, Hawaii, and Kansas. I posted in my intro post that I am attending a community college as an art major, but intend on moving on to graphic design. Most of the work I do right now is centered around children (photographing and drawing them... as well as manipulating the pictures. Here are a few things I have done with my daughter's pictures:

My daughter is the center of my world. She will be two April 20th. I do live pretty close to my family, but most of my communication will people is through the internet. I used to be a social butterfly, but since the birth of my daughter, I tend to be kind of reclusive. My home is my favorite place to be.

As far as religion is concerned. I am agnostic. I am very spiritual though. I believe in angels... but not necessarily the way most people think of them. I believe the people we encounter day to day are our angels. I believe everything happens for a reason. Religion scares the crap out of me... The concept of hell is the most *fucked* up thing I have ever heard in my entire life, and it is that alone that started my questioning...

I wish I could type more on that subject, but I just looked at the clock and realized I have a mid-term in 10 minutes... Gotta run!!!

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FyodorReader
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww! your daughter is soo adorable... i have a 4 going on 5 year old sister (almost shared the same bday).... haha i tried to steer her into the arts but i see shes going to be a hardcore girly girl, but shes the youngest thus she is spoiled....

i mentioned earlier i intend to major in Illustration... actually am now in the process of trying to transfer to a good art school here in CA... thought id post some of my work for ya guys to see... havent really done a lot compared to other ppl i know....
the first two are just sketches and the third is a project i had to do in illustraton class.... if you want check out more on the "www" button below...( haha selfish plug right here)

I love this topic.. there are so many different people from different places... Dancing

Another Illuminati story? mehbeh...
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyodorReader Those pics are great!
joygasm
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyodorReader wrote:
awww! your daughter is soo adorable... i have a 4 going on 5 year old sister (almost shared the same bday).... haha i tried to steer her into the arts but i see shes going to be a hardcore girly girl, but shes the youngest thus she is spoiled....

i mentioned earlier i intend to major in Illustration... actually am now in the process of trying to transfer to a good art school here in CA... thought id post some of my work for ya guys to see... havent really done a lot compared to other ppl i know....
the first two are just sketches and the third is a project i had to do in illustraton class.... if you want check out more on the "www" button below...( haha selfish plug right here)

I love this topic.. there are so many different people from different places... Dancing

Great artwork!! I love abstract art, but unfortunately, it is not my forte! I wish it was something I was good at, but I have a hard time breaking away from reality.

I really hope to get my daughter into the art. Both her father and I are artist, her father has more of a bent perception than I, so I am curious to see what she will come out with if she does get into art. She is a little girly girl as well. Which is funny, but I am the biggest tomboy you will ever meet. I was actually scared of having a girl while I was pregnant... I kept thinking, "What the hell am I going to do with a girl?? I don't know anything about girly stuff!!"? I think I learned pretty quickly though! She is really into dancing already. I think it is funny, because during my pregnancy when I felt her moving around, I would talk about how she danced... now, she is constantly wanting to dance!

I am really enjoying watching her grow up and develop as a person. She is so similar to me in so many way... There are also so many things about her that remind me of her father... but at the same time, I have no clue where she gets certain traits.

Ahhh... I am definitely a proud parent... I can go on and on about her!

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a student, 19, poli sci major planning on going into international law.

I make a living singing, selling artwork, and making coffee.

I enjoy philosophy, I have strong social justice values, but have no desire to claim I know anything I have no idea of, in terms of religion or spirituality or whatever-- there may be a higher power, there may not, it really doesn't matter to me. So basically as far as religion goes, I'm not going to know until I do, so I don't particularly care till then.

I love reading, cooking, fashion design, and good beer... and also cupcakes.

I'm Indian, my boyfriend is Alex and he = awesome, especially when he tries to eat the Indian food my mom makes, which is delicious but incredibly spicy-- it's cute. He's the smartest guy in the world.

I have a huge black lab named Zeke.

I wear really tight black pants.
FyodorReader
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracias guys!

djmadscribbler wrote:

I do think that organized religion has done some good in the world (feeding the poor, etc) but they've also done plenty of bad (Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistiton!)

haha... ya the things they did back then scare the heck out of me today.... ie torture devices *cringe* Shocked

Another Illuminati story? mehbeh...
wh_pirate
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm turning 29 (for the first time Wink ) at the end of this month. I have 2 kids, B 6 and G 18 months. I have been married for almost 8 years. I currently work at a charter school as a subsitute teacher. I am debating if I'm going to be able to go back next school year because of the "No Child Left Behind" Law. If I stay at the school I have the opportunity to go to school to get my AA or Bachelers that they will reimburse me for. The problem I have is 1)I don't have the money to get it started, 2)I don't have time to go to school. We just moved into a new house and are working on buying it, that is where the lack of money is. If I started school I wouldn't have time for my family or my spiritual needs. I think I've decided what I will be doing, but in my mind I keep rethinking it. We'll see what comes out of my mouth when I get in front of them with my new contract.

I am hoping my sister can talk her husband into moving and moving into the house right across the street. We became close when she became pregnant with her 2nd child when I was pg with my 1st. She is now due in Sept. with her 3rd(hopefully a girl this time). We are about 3 yrs apart. My parents live about 5 minutes away from me. My in-laws (thankfully) live about 20 minutes away, but that is another post. Cool

That's about it for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: