Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] What Has Happened [Vent Thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really new here and have only been around/participating in the last few puzzles so I can't speak about the "good ole days" but this is ridiculous and unnecessary. These people who are getting chastised [Panda, Tiger, Lad, Tilt, Fall, and others] have left or are leaving. What’s done is done, simple as that. They were in a difficult situation and made a decision. Would yours have been different? Maybe but it doesn’t matter now because it’s already done with and it WON’T happen again because they’re gone. So don’t make the purpose of this “Vent” to be bringing down those who have already left. Argue all you want about the ethics of Glenn or whether he should still have a hand in the ARG or even the issues in a general sense but leave the individuals out of this and don’t make it a personal matter of calling someone out or casting blame on a specific person or persons. They aren’t in the game anymore so all of you’re gripes about them are inconsequential at this point. Plus if you’re going to be angry at anyone over this shouldn’t it be Glenn? Feel free to vent away at the concept of what should be done in the future but stop clinging to the past and learn from it.

Like I said I am new and don’t know about the elitist group or anything about this scandal but if that was your main problem then guess what? The group has left! So if you really had a big issue with it then let them leave in peace and you can be happy they’re gone. Right now you should be working on figuring out how we can improve [because clearly there were problems] rather than criticizing people who aren’t even here anymore. Let’s move on and allow those who have decided to leave to leave.

Since I haven’t been around the game for that long maybe you’ll call me naïve but I did respect many of those in the crosshairs. I really don’t know how the ARG will survive without them. And I’m not talking about their puzzle solving or anything like that, to me their influence was more apparent in the way they handled the forum with respect. This is my first ARG so it could be I’m more impressionable but I wasn’t sure how to even start when I first entered the forum. I felt they accepted me and my opinions as being just as valid as anyone elses on the forum. It’s sad since these people are leaving [no matter the circumstances] when they did give so much to the ARG. But that’s how everything played out and those who remain after all this will have to pick up the pieces. Which is what I suggest we begin to do now
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These people who are getting chastised [Panda, Tiger, Lad, Tilt, Fall, and others] have left or are leaving. What’s done is done, simple as that.

Apparently not. I only started getting angry with them as I am now once I saw Panda's post this afternoon. It's nothing but self-serving victimization. They're trying to justify their decisions under the guise of posting their "side" of the story. This is a typical behavior pattern for them...we've seen it for months now.

To their benefit, I really am glad they aren't running and some of them have posted their version of events. IT does help clear things up for the many who are confused.

HOWEVER, it's irresponsible of them to try to get sympathy for their leaving after all their hard work. Oh, woe is me!!! I have no sympathy. They made some really stupid decisions to keep their egos in check. If they were truly acting for the good of the game, they would have spoken up well before now.

Panda's letter is full of contradictions...at one point she said she was just going to stay out of it as her reasons for not speaking up. And later, she defends Fall by saying:

Quote:
But the point she was trying to make was that if this happened to her, it opens up the question of how far was he willing and capable of going with these relationships? No one saying he's a criminal, but what is being said is that its innapropriate at best for a PM. Especially one that works in a medium where the fanbase has a large 18 and under fanbase.

No shit, sherlock. That's the whole point! That's why this conduct should have been reported MONTH'S ago and not left as an open secret that nobody wants to touch for fear of ruining their precious game.

Again, I'm not saying I don't appreciate the hard work people put into this. Lad did a lot of stuff for which he should be commended.

Yet, Lad says he knew of the behavior, as did others. Lad said:
Quote:

*We found out that a minor COULD possibly be involved. The person that horcruxes named being one example, the fact that Glenn had shown a pattern of behavior and a good majority of the LG15 fanbase is under 18 years of age being another.

Why did you all feel the need to wait until you heard a minor *could* be involved? Especially given that you acknowledge both the behavior and the fan base.

My hell, were you guys going to wait for Chris Richards to bust in with a bunch of cameras before you said anything? I'm not saying anything like that DID happen because I don't know. But, given the pattern and the fan base, some of you people...ADULTS....should have been mature enough to check your pride and report the concern, no matter how small.

What bothers me is that none of you are actually sorry for ruining the very game you apparently fought so hard to keep alive. Nowhere in Panda or lad's post do I see anything but defensiveness. Yes, leaving is the very least that should be done. But I'm offended that people are all upset about heir leaving. Why? They don't deserve the homage some people are trying to give them. Yes, I say you guys ruined it...but then again some of us have been trying to tell you guys things for months, but you continually fail to realize that you might actually be responsible for something. Lad is the ONLY one that even come close. I'm sad knowing that Lad knew about all this, too...I expected it from the OPs and a few others, but not from him.
lorien
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethy, dearie, you rock my socks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:

Oh, and by the way -- the original "secret clubhouse" name was Xrynaem. Gee, wonder who made the room? Xry named it, registered it, and set it to where only those people HE found "worthy" could come in. He hand picked the group of 'elitists' that everyone is complaining about. Oh, look, the person who created the room was the same person who called us out on it last week! I love the smell of napalm and hypocracy in the morning.

We also would like to add that it takes a HUGE ego to think you can say nothing in chat or forums for months, then come back like you've been fighting the good fight this whole time. You haven't done anything for this game, except send Luv on a wild goose chase during the "Lose Something?" drop where you weren't even in the chat the entire time. You can pretend all you want Xry, people will see you for who you really are.

Who I really am? I was gone for three months while you little kids whined about lack of a game, yeah, so what? I still did the puzzles and such on my own. On a side note, yeah I did create #Xrynaem. Remember why? You kids made #WatchingOpAphid and got found out, couldn't make one good enough on your own. So Acidfingers and myself made #Xrynaem. Put it under lock and key, and only those ALL of us thought should be let in where. Stop trying to twist the truth. You all have wanted to quit for so long. Now you got your excuse and you want to drag everyone down you can. Next time you quit, do me a favor and STAY GONE.
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sick of the "round about" pointing fingers at people.
Just come out and say it. Its quite obvious who you are talking about.

It shouldn't be a shock to any of you that I do not, or ever did, support what you guys were doing.
I am so sick of being told that I am wrong because of my view on this,
and didn't treat people 'fairly' when they came forward.
I told Fall I didn't agree. I also told Lad and the chatroom.
But then again, my opinion doesn't matter to you guys, and I was ignored because I DIDN'T agree. I was overlooked.
You fail to remember that I DID try to point out the consequences.

There are certain ways to go about things, and I don't think this was the right way. There is not enough evidence to go accusing someone of something this serious. It just wasn't fair.

Some of you I have already talked to and sorted things out, and I am glad for that. I just couldn't let anything else be said without defending myself.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
What bothers me is that none of you are actually sorry for ruining the very game you apparently fought so hard to keep alive....

Bethy, I won't even dignify most of your post with a response.
I do find it interesting that you're acting as a self-ordained authority on this matter, judging by the length and frequency of your posts.

No matter, re: your post, I will say this.

Your suggestion that the players who left somehow "ruined the game" is the most absurd thing ever written in all of the threads regarding any of this over the last two days.

Glenn came out from behind the curtain.
THAT is what ruined this game.
And honestly, I am using the term "game" pretty loosely at this point.

You are throwing blame all over the place for your own personal vendettas and it's just wrong.

Glenn is to blame.

I didn't know what was going on and sometimes I was right there. I can't hold any of the veteran players responsible for keeping private things private. Things were said in trust, amongst people who during six months, had taken friendships formed in the game into their real lives. No one playing this game, no matter what function they played were, as has been suggested on this board, held to the standards of priests hearing a murder confession. No one could be expected to do anything but keep private what their friends had shared with them in trust. That is what friends do.

This chapter of OpAphid started, and ended, with the behavior of Glenn.
I have absolutely no sympathy for him, but he may even have had no idea what Horcruxes was doing the other night. However, it was his actions that led to hers and was deserved.

Glenn is to blame.
Glenn is no longer the PM of OpAphid based on his own decisions.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I am merely stepping in here to remind everyone that the policy of this forum is not to direct personal attacks at one another.

I think it is a fine idea for people to vent their frustration here. Perhaps it is also a place for those who are leaving us to say their farewells.

Continuing personal attacks on forum members is against the policy of the forum. Do not continue in them.

Thank you for your time.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. ok I figured these thoughts were most appropriate for this "vent" thread.

I've never taken part in the puzzle or "game" part of OpAphid or Tachyon, but I have tried to follow the story and summary of clues and such.

To me, the bottom line of it all seems to be that Glenn's actions were pretty unprofessional. Have all the ethics and moral conversations you want, but what he did was not professional at all. It's very disappointing. I can't blame the Creators much for their actions. They can't be affiliated with behavior like that... remember without them, there would be no OpAphid or Tachyon. And while those additions are the bread and butter of the story for some viewers, I would still want to see what the Creators have up their sleeves. Then again, I would be sad if the OpAphid/Tachyon story line was ruined because of the change of staff.

This is a very tough issue here..

As for legal action, my only concern is who holds the rights to the OpAphid/Tachyon story arc, and what will become of it? That is the MOST troubling worry in my mind.

I'm aware I was not personally involved and had no time invested in this game, so I may seem cold to the situation. I send my sympathy to those who are involved in this mess.

This also may seem cold, but I'm very glad that I did not play this ARG.

No matter what happens, I hope the viewers keep watching... to swear off a show with such potential and pioneering creativity is pretty harsh in my opinion. Perhaps distance yourselves from the chaos, take a minute to relax in the real world. Don't judge the situation at face value. There will always be other situational factors that perhaps we will never even know about.

I still like LG15 as a whole and have high hopes for it. Time will tell.. Confused

<3 Danielbeast <3
ravensong
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Folks, I am merely stepping in here to remind everyone that the policy of this forum is not to direct personal attacks at one another.

I think it is a fine idea for people to vent their frustration here. Perhaps it is also a place for those who are leaving us to say their farewells.

Continuing personal attacks on forum members is against the policy of the forum. Do not continue in them.

Thank you for your time.

At least one of the mods is doing his job. Very Happy
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensong wrote:

At least one of the mods is doing his job. Very Happy

While I appreciate the fact that this is intended to be complimentary to me, I have to point out that much of the work here is still being done by the other mods and operators.

Thank you for your compliment, though!

Smile
Linc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, Morgan, I was just about to post a similar thing.

Like it or not - the Creator Trio are trying to become a professional entity. This is a new medium and right now there are all of two dramatic web-only shows that can be considered "successful."

One is Sam Has 7 Friends. They get a fraction of the views that LG15 does.

They have to be squeaky clean, not because they're just representing the show - which is more than enough reason - they're currently representing the entire medium that they operate in.

People in the TV industry want the indies to fall, so that they can jump up and down, say, "see? We told you they couldn't do it" and continue putting out crap show after crap show. The more the web becomes standard for popular entertainment, the less reason there is for advertisers to put up the numbers they do on TV. If there's a scandal, you bet they will cover it. The swift response pretty much destroyed any idea of a protracted process. Anyone who reports it will go, "well, the guy did this, but the Creators wouldn't tolerate it." And the show - as well as the medium - remains in the category of professional-grade entertainment.

I will not be judge, jury or executioner. But if half of what is being said here is true, then the Creators did exactly what they had to do, and not a moment too soon. Just because it's going to affect the storyline should not be and is not a good reason for the firing to not happen.

And that's pretty much it, for me. I've been writing way too much as it is.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
...Some of us who had suspicions that there was hanky panky going on could only sit and wait...yeah, it was a badly kept secret because most of you are terrible liars. We may not have known the details, but we knew a lot of you were up to no good....

bethy wrote:
...I honestly don't think it makes them unaccountable for what happened. If they knew something was inappropriate, they should have said something long before now. Granted, some of them may not have known it all, but clearly...they knew something.

Bethy, I'm not against you or defending anyone, but your statements sound quite a bit disingenuous there. I have no idea what you knew or they knew or what happened. I'm just commenting on what I'm reading here. Sorry if I misunderstood or if I took those in the wrong context.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't mean to be confusing. I'm basing my opinions in this thread about what people have openly stated here in this thread - that they knew of a behavior pattern and actively worked to keep it on the down low to protect the game from falling apart.

But, also, it's based on the fact that some players, outside the cliques, have often felt as if something wasn't right. There's mounds of threads all over LG15 of people complaining about various aspects of the ARG. It's no secret that many people have felt alienated by certain ARG players. It's not just me...I'm just one of the more vocal ones.

Lad hinted that there may have been a minor involved. They've admitted that they knew his behavior...they knew young people could have been exposed...and they did nothing, all for the sake of protecting their little flock. That's where I have issues.

It's a whole bunch of seriously messed up priorities. They claim to have been protecting the game....when everything they've done has actually sabotaged it. Had somebody spoken up months ago, maybe that's all that needed to happen. A few isolated events could have been nipped in the bud....but people became complacent, ignored it....tuned it out....figured it was no big deal.....until a habit formed, and it escalated into cheating.

Yes, I know some people didn't know about the cheating...but what I'm saying is that those who knew about the behavior and failed to try to stop it are just as accountable, in my eyes.

So , they're leaving. Good. They should be...and they recognize it. I'm just annoyed that they're now playing the victim card. And nobody's bothered to apologize for hiding it, either...the hiding that ultimately ended up ruining the game...for now.

I never said anything like this until this afternoon when Panda posted. Anyone can look back at my posts and see that I was pretty open to the whole situation...until I realized that some of them knew and actively ignored it or covered it up.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Lad hinted that there may have been a minor involved. They've admitted that they knew his behavior...they knew young people could have been exposed...and they did nothing, all for the sake of protecting their little flock. That's where I have issues.

What I heard them say is that they only realized on monday night that a minor might have been involved, from horcruxes mentioning a bunch of names of shills, one of them being such minor. They immediatly discussed the issues and possible consequences, and in spite of some people disagreeing with such a drastic measure on such little evidence, they made their decision to expose what they thought was wrong behaviour and quit, and did so the next morning.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's correct....and I do applaud them for that.

However, they also said that they knew about behavior pattern for months as well as realizing the fan base includes a lot of people under 18. Given that it is very easy for someone to lie about their age and find a fake picture, there's no guarantee that any of us are who we say we are. Plus, given that the ARG has been absorbed into the series, this kind of behavior is potentially damaging to the series as a whole and the business that the Creators have worked hard to create. For all of those reasons, I simply don't understand why those armed with the information would have failed to at least bring up a concern to the Creators directly. Clearly, nobody did...and they admitted they didn't because they were trying to protect the game, so they say. Plus, there is a history with some of these same people in trying to get more privileges for the ARG. Not everyone knows of those details...but it happened a little more than a month ago. Those involved with that know what I'm talking about.

I don't see it as protecting the game. To me, it screams selfishness and ass covering. And now, some of them are embarrassed, as they should be.

I've also said that my opinion of what happened between Glenn ans the Creators is none of my business. That's between them. However he's gone...so somethings up. And, given that certain people have openly admitted to a few things... I'm really bothered that the ones quitting are now somehow supposed to be heroes for doing something for which they should be ashamed of doing. So, while I do applaud them for finally taking a stand...it's a little late to make them heroes or martyrs as some would have them to be.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: