Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Facility J - Pre-Drop Preparation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be having some technical difficulties. I can log in, see all your names, then it disconnects. Not sure if it's on my end or not.
shadower
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question: logs are going to be recorded for all to read correct? I've decided against downloading the IRC because I just recently had to wipe out my computer completely and start it again from the beginning. I'm not up to putting random stuff on here just yet so unless aim or yahoo messenger are going to be used, I'll be just with the fourms!v Smile

I'm just an observer, loving the game...
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intent is to record the logs. At this moment we only have plans to use the chat for drop retrieval so we don't leave a retriever high and dry. If you read through the other threads, you'll see that all of the problem solving discussion has taken place here on the forum. Much of the solving was done on an individual basis - one person will come up with something, another will connect the dots to something else, etc. Usually wrapped up by some theories as to what it all means.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadower wrote:
quick question: logs are going to be recorded for all to read correct? I've decided against downloading the IRC because I just recently had to wipe out my computer completely and start it again from the beginning. I'm not up to putting random stuff on here just yet so unless aim or yahoo messenger are going to be used, I'll be just with the fourms!v Smile

We are all novices, so I can't make any promises this time around, because we are just learning, but, yes, we are going to do our best to record logs. And at the very least we will do everything we can do to keep people informed on the forums. So far, nothing is happening. If you want to help, keep your eye on WalterDW's YouTube and MySpace accounts, as well as TravelerJ19's. If you find a new video, or a profile change, post it in the drop thread.

Also, we are still taking names for drop retrievers. We have two people so far, but no one can be available 100% of the time. You don't have to be on mIRC to be a drop retriever, but you need a cell phone, a digital camera, and the ability to post any images or footage you have to the web.

Smile
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
The intent is to record the logs. At this moment we only have plans to use the chat for drop retrieval so we don't leave a retriever high and dry. If you read through the other threads, you'll see that all of the problem solving discussion has taken place here on the forum. Much of the solving was done on an individual basis - one person will come up with something, another will connect the dots to something else, etc. Usually wrapped up by some theories as to what it all means.

I agree with you on this Trainer. There's no reason we need to do the puzzle solving in the chat. So far the forums have worked just fine. The main reason for using the chat is so we can act fast if we need to support the person on the ground doing the drop retrieval. The forums and the LG15 chat are just to sluggish for this.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I seem to be having some technical difficulties. I can log in, see all your names, then it disconnects. Not sure if it's on my end or not.

Can you tell me what kind of system you are using - ram, cpu, etc., and what the speed of your internet connection is? Also, what internet browser are you using? If you want to pm me, that's ok, or if you want to work it out in the Forum so others can learn, that would be great.
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadower wrote:

You don't actually have to download the IRC. If you want, you can access the chat through the Java server: http://java.freenode.net/index.php

This is how I connect because for whatever reason my computer doesn't support the IRC client... *shrugs*

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Loki. I logged in through the java server with no problem.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everyone, it seems we have a solution. By following Loki's link, everyone should be able to access the chat regardless of what computer or browser you are using.

Channel #FacilityJ
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
shadower wrote:

You don't actually have to download the IRC. If you want, you can access the chat through the Java server: http://java.freenode.net/index.php

This is how I connect because for whatever reason my computer doesn't support the IRC client... *shrugs*

Thanks, Loki, I had seen this awhile ago, but couldn't find it anymore. This is so easy to use.
shadower
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
shadower wrote:

YAY! I have to say that made my day! Very Happy

I'm just an observer, loving the game...
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help!

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: