Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm very sad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: I'm very sad Reply with quote

I have just experienced the death of a close family member. It was not so unexpected because her illness had progressed for sometime. Unfortunately, it has left me disillusioned and upset. (And reasonably so.) Selfishly, I wish this OpAphid frenzy never took place (or at least not right now.) I spent many nights in the hospice with my laptop, perusing this site as she slept. Now, yuck. I guess this site wasn’t set up for my benefit, anyway. I just wanted to mention this situation for those who were wondering where I’ve been or why I have been so sporadic in involvement. Life is a crazy thing. I am a rather private person, and I have no desire to talk about this situation anymore (I think). However, somehow, sharing this bit of information here has been helpful (at least as I check my spelling and preview this post). I am looking to my “lg15 life” to distract me for a while once all the arrangements, services, etc. have ended.

Please do not feel like you need to respond, especially to such a sad post. (Sometimes, I all I can muster up to say to others when they share such news is “sorry.”) Please do not feel obligated to respond. In a sad way, this is just another attempt for me to say goodbye, to continue grieving, and/or perhaps to accept an inevitable situation. Life can be so wonderfully excruciating. I guess our deepest feelings show how alive we really are.

gogo
Crying or Very sad

p.s. "Lonelyfriends," I did not PM anyone because I didn't want to burden you personally. Instead, I guess I'll burden everyone...
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your grief is palpable.

I also am too much of a clown to respond appropriately to it.

Therefore, I will merely suggest that I am here for you.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of us use this forum to act out our own issues in various ways. There's nothing wrong with that...whatever helps or at least comforts you. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. For what it's worth I know for certain you have ben missed around here. There's not much anyone can say or do in this kind of situation to help, and I know that as well as anyone...so just let yourself go through all the stages and try to do it in a healthy way. That's all I got.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gives gogo a much deserved hug

I'm not good with words. Sad

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry for your loss.

You are admired, respected, and loved (in an anonymous, odd, online sort of manner ) in this forum.
Thank you for sharing what's been happening.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sparky(Faith)
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hands gogo a big bouquet of flowers and gives her a hugs*

when ever you want a cheerful reply, you let us know. We all adore you hun!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I am taking the day off and just puttering around the house, doing mindless things and I wasn't going to visit this forum again today. But I am glad I did. I am no good in these situation either, but all of your comments are really appreciated.

Really.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gogo, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for being open, and sharing this with us. I have all the more respect for you now. You are an amazing woman. You bring so much light into this little community.

I am already in awe of your accomplishments, you give so much to us, then to learn you have done it while going through this difficult personal time just knocks me over. This community is a better place because you're here.
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo, I'm so sorry for your loss. The mere fact of knowing that it's coming doesn't make it any easier to lose the people we love. I am glad to know that you are taking some time for yourself... to care for yourself so that you may begin to process it all...

I sincerely believe that none of these responses here arise from any sense of obligation... but rather from a genuine desire to touch, and let you know that your grief and your well-being matters to us. In the short time I have been here, I have come to understand what it is that draws so many people to you, and I have been delighted to have had the opportunity to share in your warmth, creative spirit, and gentle humor.

It is hard to find appropriate words sometimes, so often even the simplest "sorry" can carry with it so much caring and compassion. Just know that this is one of those.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo,

I am truly sorry for your loss. When I lost my dad several years ago, I didn't feel like I was allowed cry. But whenever I hear someone else's story of loss, it allows me to shed those long overdue tears a couple at a time. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Silent
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my grandfather to similar conditions a few months ago, so I can sympathize with your situation. These times are hard, but I know that you are a strong woman. And I believe that everyone here (myself included) will help in any way if they can.

For now, I can only show my condolences through a long-distance hug. Take care, Gogo.
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently lost my grandmother (back in December, right before Christmas). We were not very close, but it is always hard to lose family members.

I offer my sincerest sympathy. My heart goes out to you.

Take care.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gogo,

I am horrible with these types of situations, and unfortunately am trying to sort out my feelings about the death of a friend during this week as well. It seems you are never ready for it.

Take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you.

Sincerely,
Morgan / Momo

<3 Danielbeast <3
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words. It is helpful.

gogo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: