Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Censorship
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Censorship of posts is just as bad as the act itself. It gives credence to the idea that you are covering something up. Let's see how long this post lasts.

Ask Scooter Libby about this....
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UMM EXCUSE ME- but I am a moderator here and also made a post.
I feel as a moderator others should at least give me the common decency of LETTING ME KNOW that you want to delete my post- or MORE appropriately how about NOT deleting it at all? It was long, I wrote a lot, and for you to just waste my time by deleting it within a few minutes without so much as a heads up as to why is DOWNRIGHT RUDE.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
Censorship of posts is just as bad as the act itself. It gives credence to the idea that you are covering something up. Let's see how long this post lasts.

Ask Scooter Libby about this....

Suggesting that censorship is occuring here is ridiculous.

Your original post in this topic was moved to the rubbish bin by another mod on this board. As your post had followed an opinion of my own, I asked that it be reviewed by another moderator. I suggest you read that moderators response.

Thank you for your time.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as no matter how people try to phrase these threads regarding the whole Glenn debacle it automatically turns into a heated debate regarding his supposed actions, I am going to request that this thread be locked.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Suggesting that censorship is occuring here is ridiculous.

Let's see, I wrote something here. Five minutes later it was gone. This is like a Bush administration tactic, doing something unkosher, but giving it a different name than it is normally known as so that it's less likely to ring a "wrong" bell in most people's heads. So what alternative name do you want to give to the disappearance of something I wrote which isn't censorship?

Ziola wrote:
Seeing as no matter how people try to phrase these threads regarding the whole Glenn debacle it automatically turns into a heated debate regarding his supposed actions, I am going to request that this thread be locked.

Guess what? My post didn't even mention Glenn. It's still gone.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't necessarily agree with the splicing of threads that is occurring, I'll abstain from locking this thread at the moment, Ziola, as it hasn't evolved into an all-out. Its intentions are admirable and I hope that we can leave it be. Plus, I'd rather have the opinion of more than one moderator, though it seems they're the ones at odds. Confused

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:

Let's see, I wrote something here. Five minutes later it was gone. This is like a Bush administration tactic, doing something unkosher, but giving it a different name than it is normally known as so that it's less likely to ring a "wrong" bell in most people's heads. So what alternative name do you want to give to the disappearance of something I wrote which isn't censorship?

Guess what? My post didn't even mention Glenn. It's still gone.

HyeMew, I disagree completely. Your post was moved to the recycle bin along with the other off-topic posts.

The post is still there. It is publicly visible, and plainly off-topic.

I can tell you are upset, but what you are stating isn't true. Your post isn't gone. It was moved.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has been split from the original into it's own topic. The original poster specifically asked that all responses be on the topic listed in the subject heading. Please remain on topic to the thread.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
HyeMew, I disagree completely. Your post was moved to the recycle bin along with the other off-topic posts.

I can tell you are upset, but what you are stating isn't true. Your post isn't gone. It was moved.

Oh FORGIVE ME for not noticing my post in the RUBBISH BIN. I feel RELIEVED to know that my post, which I took the time to right and feel deserves to be read, will get the exposure it needs and deserves in the RUBBISH BIN. CuriousGeorge, no need to fear! The RUBBISH BIN is where we belong and the recepticle of our souls! I think I will go wallow in the rubbish where I can visit my post in exile.

Let me just say Apo, don't forget who was moderator here first. Your utter lack of respect for my post by unilaterally moving it to the RUBBISH BIN, and then having the gaul to actually pretend like I am over-reacting because everyone can still see it there (like anyone goes to the RUBBISH BIN), is utterly out of line.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Oh FORGIVE ME for not noticing my post in the RUBBISH BIN. I feel RELIEVED to know that my post, which I took the time to right and feel deserves to be read, will get the exposure it needs and deserves in the RUBBISH BIN. CuriousGeorge, no need to fear! The RUBBISH BIN is where we belong and the recepticle of our souls! I think I will go wallow in the rubbish where I can visit my post in exile.

Let me just say Apo, don't forget who was moderator here first. Your utter lack of respect for my post by unilaterally moving it to the RUBBISH BIN, and then having the gaul to actually pretend like I am over-reacting because everyone can still see it there (like anyone goes to the RUBBISH BIN), is utterly out of line.

And your suggestion that I moved your post is dead wrong. As I stated above, I contacted another mod to intervene. Check the post.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

The off-topic thread has been moved back into the section from which it came.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ravens.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

HyeMew, while I agree the split thread should not have been sent to the rubbish bin it was clearly off-topic, and followed several other off-topic posts including my own. The move was my mistake, and not the action of Apo.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regret accusing Apo. There was no explanation of the move from him nor anyone else involved, leading me to believe that he agreed to mine being moved along with CuriousGeorge's since obviously they were. He certainly made no attempt to explain he didn't request my post be reviewed and defended the moving of it to the rubbish bin, so what else is one to conclude? I regret that there was a misunderstanding and feel this only reinforces my view that when a move to the bin in mid-conversation is made (which I hope is never) there will be an explanation given to the people involved.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in the thread that contains my original post (kinda confusing with all the moves...)

I just want to know why the posts from the young ladies accusing Glenn of untoward behavior has been deleted. This gives the impression of a coverup on the part of the Creators and that Glenn is indeed guilty of something.

If the guy is innocent, what purpose would deleting the posts do other than reinforcing his presumption of guilt????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: