Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One More Suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: One More Suggestion Reply with quote

In addition to "General Discussion" and "Mysteries in the Plot"

perhaps create a category called "NEWBIES"

and then include a summary of the plot and of the characters.

why do I suggest this?

all too often the popular threads about some minute plot twist in the plot will get a random question like "um ahyuk who is cassie anyway?"

there needs to be a place where people new to the story can catch up

what do you guys think?
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good idea. If anyone is willing to write up some plot summaries or an FAQ for people new to the series I will definitely sticky it so it will be easy to access.
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea great idea.

I just started watching before the whole confirmed it was fake thing hit, so I'm trying to catch up on the things that people have been talking about for months now.

Thanks for watching as I fall.
BoBo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can come up with.

Anything anyone think I should add?

Summary of what you are getting yourself into.

Lonelygirl15 is a presumably interactive story through video blogs on the popular website, Youtube. The story revolves around Bree (played by Jessica Rose), a very intelligent, if somewhat naïve, 16 year old girl who has been home schooled through out most of her life, and therefore doesn‘t have many friends. One friend she does have is an 18 year old man named Daniel (played by Yousef Abu-Taleb), a young man who edited her video blogs, and helps her “Prove Science Wrong”. What started as a seemingly harmless story of budding love, and teenage exploration, obviously has so much more buried underneath. You see, Bree has recently been chosen as part of a mysterious ceremony, as part of her “religion” (which she chooses not to name, for fear of criticism.). The preparation for said ceremony includes dieting, exercise, and learning a “dead language”. Daniel, who has seen the practices of this religion in action wants nothing to do with it, an idea that greatly angers Bree’s father, so much so that he threatens to forbid Bree see him, again (stating reasons that she still needs to “prepare”). This has caused a once obedient Bree to disobey her father’s wishes, and see Daniel, late at night. Is Bree tampering with a fate larger than herself? What makes Daniel so fearful of Bree’s religion and Bree’s father so adamant about severing ties from him? Is this “ritual” a harmless coming of age, like Bree thinks, or is she embarking on something much more dangerous?

While we can’t really answer those questions, yet, here are some we can shed some light on:

“Lonelygirl15 is fake/ lg15 is a hoax/Bree’s real name is Jessica Rose!”

Trust us, we know. But, please don’t say “fake”. While lonelygirl15 is scripted, and those you see on the screen aren’t who they claim to be, LG15 is no more fake than any thing you see on television. If it was not intended to be a hoax, and if “Bree” were to get on screen and say “By the way, I’m not Bree, My name is Jessica Rose and I’m playing a character”, it would ruin the experience, right?

“Why Youtube?”

The creators saw Youtube, and saw untapped potential. They saw people being entertained, through the service, and used that to create what they feel is a new art form. By allowing the story they wrote to develop over video blogs, the creators feel they are doing something new, and imaginative, and that because of the freshness of the ideas, more people will love seeing what they see.

“The Creators? Who are they?!?”

Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett.

“What’s the deal with Cassie?”

Cassie is a girl Bree took a special interest in during her brief tenure in an actual high school. She says that, like here self, Cassie used to get made fun of, constantly. Despite Cassie distinctly remembering her sharing classes with Daniel, Daniel seems to have no recollection of her. Whether Daniel is lying, and if Cassie plays a strong role in this story is yet to be seen.

“Is this an ARG?”

It’s hard to say at this point. The creators have made it very clear that they want the viewer to be as involved as possible, but they’ve yet to say how. The fact that the creators are stressing this to be a “new art form” means that anything is possible, and that this series can go in any direction, at any time.

“Seriously, what religion is Bree?”

We don’t know. There have been many theories supported by heaps of evidence, but until the creators come clean, or we hear it from Bree, any theories presented are just that.
kalli182
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be a good idea to put in links too...also te forums are all haywire and someone needs to keep an eye on multiple postings of the same topic, lock the topic and redirect them
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see any threads like that PM me with the links and I will try and stay on top of it. It is hard to read everything, let alone remember if it was already posted somewhere else.
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there should be a lonelygirl15 wiki site.

Then the fans can add the information as it comes out and is discovered. It'll be way easier to find information that way rather than going throuh heaps of forum posts..

Thanks for watching as I fall.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if you look at the main page, there are already plans to make one. I'm sure development of the site got slowed down a bit by them all having to do a gazillion interviews Smile
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ideas guys. We are indeed going to have a Wiki... the "LGPedia," and it should be up soon... week or so maybe. I'll keep you posted (right now we are working on getting all the video funcionality up). THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
Great ideas guys. We are indeed going to have a Wiki... the "LGPedia," and it should be up soon... week or so maybe. I'll keep you posted (right now we are working on getting all the video funcionality up). THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

I was wondering when that was going up! Thanks for the update, Admin!
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
o6server
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One More Suggestion as a topic title is undescriptive and doesn't help anyone browsing titles to see what this thread is about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: