Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Equinox - A Clue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camo1000
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: The Equinox - A Clue? Reply with quote

I've only just thought of this - The Equinox (title of a previous episode of LG15) is also the name of a Book by Aleister Crowley detailing all sorts of rituals and magick.

Could this be the producer's giving us a nudge in the right direction?

--Camo1000
Midd
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is kind of obvious that her religion is Thelema.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSh_9-NUQg
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is either a gentle nudge in the right direction.... Or it is another mislead. The beauty-part is, we just don't know. Yet.

It is pretty much solid speculation that she is Thelema, yes (The hidden stars on the website, the Crowley shrine which she keeps untouched by others, other subtle nods in philosophy). But, then what? Is it a Thelemic offshoot? Is it a new sect?

Where does the Order of Dendera come in?

In short, yes, we should look into The Equinox. We should learn all about it. But then we should be prepared to chuck it aside as more future clues pop up and eliminate it as a possibility.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilgoretroutlovesyou wrote:
It is pretty much solid speculation that she is Thelema, yes (The hidden stars on the website, the Crowley shrine which she keeps untouched by others, other subtle nods in philosophy).

Not to mention the word "thelema" in Greek letters on the website. That's sort of a giveaway....
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again, there is the Darbyite Design logo.

Sure, Crowley used to be Darbyite, he was raised in the EB, but that doesn't quite fit yet either. I wonder why that is there.

Does that mirror, or hint, that Bree (like Crowely from his parents) break away from the religion of his birth? I hope she doesn't imitate Crowley too much.

I've grown quite fond of wierd, quirky, bookish Bree. Not dope-crazed, compulsively-trying-on religions-as-if-they-were-sneakers Bree.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, and another thing that shows that her religion is Thelema

Taylor is Love; Sarah is Love; Spencer is Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again, there is the Darbyite Design logo.

I take a very simplistic view towards the "Darbyite Design" statement: merely an allusion to his parents, who "designed" his early years. I'm probably reading way too little into it. But that's how I take it.

Does that mirror, or hint, that Bree (like Crowely from his parents) break away from the religion of his birth? I hope she doesn't imitate Crowley too much.

No, she'd be real ugly then. Smile But I think it might be a hint that, as Crowley didn't follow his parents' religion, so might not Bree. But Bree's parents are (apparently) already Crowleyites or something to that effect. So for her to leave that religion, who knows, maybe she'd become a Darbyite!

I've grown quite fond of wierd, quirky, bookish Bree. Not dope-crazed, compulsively-trying-on religions-as-if-they-were-sneakers Bree.

Yeah, you and me both. I miss the videos that were about her and Daniel. It seems most of the new videos are just about clues in the plot. It's almost as if, as Bree has to "prepare" for the ceremony, so we have to "prepare" as well, by getting all these clues. But, frankly, I find it quite boring. I found the characters intriguing, and loved watching the videos. Now I don't even look forward to a new video anymore.

Should I keep watching the videos? As someone famous once said, "To Bree or not to Bree, that is the question."
Xen
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope she doesn't imitate Crowley too much.

But you neglect how much Crowley is into sex magick. With the right plot twist, this could become quite the lucrative pay site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: