Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rosicrucian?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
traptoe
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Rosicrucian? Reply with quote

Okay, I'm probably way off, but does anyone else think that Bree's parents (and I guess she would be too) might be a part of some organization whose members consider themselves Rosicrucians. There are a few things that might fit here, for example:

1) Reverence for a renowned scientific figure coupled with a preference for learning by experiment over adopting a dogmatic acceptance of scientific truth.

2) I think (correct me if I’m wrong) a fair number of Rosicrucian groups disapprove of sex purely for recreation. This bit is confusing and there are lots of groups with various takes on this. Still, it might explain “purity bonds,” lack of dating experience, and apprehension regarding kissing.

3) Related to one above, I believe that Rosicrucians were often interested in celestial events, and thus they might have some interest in, for example, the implications of the reclassification of Pluto.

4) Play-like ceremonies that include the need for memorization and special “exercises.”

Of course, I don’t know how the Crowley pic fits with this theory, unless he’s intended as a role model for freethinking.

Well, it’s all pretty tenuous, and there are lots of groups that purported to be Rosicrucian throughout the years, and each held different views. But I think there’s something to this. If someone out there knows a good bit about Rosicrucian history (not necessarily the modern-day group that advertises), help me out here. Question
sunflowernik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're right, I will be totally weirded out. Sounds convincing - I might research more.
orvetti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Rosicrucian? Reply with quote

traptoe wrote:
Okay, I'm probably way off, but does anyone else think that Bree's parents (and I guess she would be too) might be a part of some organization whose members consider themselves Rosicrucians.

I posted this elsewhere in the Her Religion forum...

I was involved with the Rosicrucians for a while. Modern-day Rosicrucianism is just silliness and a scam. There's no there there -- just a way to sell pamphlets about something called vibroturgy for an absurd price.

In "Annie Hall," Woody Allen's character says of Rosicrucianism that he can't get behind any religion that advertises in the back of "Popular Mechanics" magazine.
traptoe
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rosicrucian? Reply with quote

orvetti wrote:
traptoe wrote:
Okay, I'm probably way off, but does anyone else think that Bree's parents (and I guess she would be too) might be a part of some organization whose members consider themselves Rosicrucians.

I posted this elsewhere in the Her Religion forum...

I was involved with the Rosicrucians for a while. Modern-day Rosicrucianism is just silliness and a scam. There's no there there -- just a way to sell pamphlets about something called vibroturgy for an absurd price.

In "Annie Hall," Woody Allen's character says of Rosicrucianism that he can't get behind any religion that advertises in the back of "Popular Mechanics" magazine.

Sorry, if I repeated what was said elsewhere. I looked around and must have missed it.

But in any case, I was thinking more of something other than the modern-day enlightenment by mail folks. I meant that maybe they're part of a group that takes itself to be continuing the tradition of the "original" Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross (what that might be is less than crystal clear to me). Certainly, the history of "secret" societies is littered with accounts of factionalism and continuing in "the true spirit of (fill in the blank)."
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rosicrucian? Reply with quote

orvetti wrote:

Either I was part of a different faction or I got further into the cult, but there was definitely more than selling pamphlets. A great deal had to do with the capabilities of the mind. We were taught how to predict when things would happen and astrally project. I know this all sounds like hokum, but I had quite a little talent at the astral projection. Man! It's nearing 50 years since I last thought about them!

The Rosicrucians have had some fairly well know people in their membership. That's why the pyramid and eye show up on the dollar bill and how the Masons got their start.

Mincartaugh
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another thread that had a little more detail on this subject, thought you might be interested.

Just call me bored, wating for the new video, I've been browsing, lol!

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2850
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: