Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we get an answer, Creators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
From very early in this thread:
Quote:
Either that or Binky The Brain Cell has gone back to sleep again.

Apparently Binky is waking up!

What if we view the references in the book as a chastisement of sorts? We see clearly with the "right eye" of BD&J but the other (OpAphid) isn't coming through. If we force the two to work together--reference the Subjects Apprehended video--we will see a clear, three dimensional picture.

Just wonderin'
Mincartaugh
Very thought-provoking, Mincar.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With strabismus, one sees two images, never a single image. The lion and cage exercise is to teach the eyes to bring the two images together into a single image...

One could see it, in a way, as a parallax view, I suppose...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I have strabismus too, but I don't see two separate images -- my right eye has pretty much taken over. If I want to pay attention to what my left eye is showing, I have to close my right eye. Probably because I have the cross-eyed version.

I had the eye patches, but never got the lion- (or monkey-) in-the-cage exercises. I think I was too young for the medical establishment to have figured out what to do with the condition back then. Or else I just had lousy doctors. Sad

Either way, I still have the condition, and as a result I don't have 3D vision. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to see the world in three dimensions, but I guess I'll never know.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lass, I had surgeries on both eyes - at age 5 and again at age 14...and I still do exercises, have prisms in my glasses, etc. My eyes went, and still go, outward... It's the Marty Feldman look (well, maybe not quite THAT bad)... <rueful grin>

From what I understand, if they hadn't operated, one eye would eventually have become dominant, suppressing the other so as not to produce the doubled image. They have all kinds of info on this on the Strabismus part of the Optometrists Network website... <smile>

I went to a special ophthalmologist...and to an orthoptist. They started treatment when I was 2 or 3 - I don't remember not going.

I have trouble with 3D, but in another way. I have 3D vision with glasses...or without, as long as I'm not tired. If I'm tired, I have doubling still. But don't take me to one of those 3D movies... One of the things they used for exercises involves the red-green glasses they use for 3D movies and learning to pull your eyes IN. When I go to one of those movies, my eyes spend so much time trying to pull their split images together, I end up with a killer headache that's migraine quality within the first 10 minutes of the show.

Uhhhmmm... I'm really off-topic, huh? Very Happy

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Uhhhmmm... I'm really off-topic, huh? Very Happy

Yes, but I'm going to make it worse by adding something. My sister (age 26 now) went through many surgeries as a child, too... and her eyes have gotten worse again the older she's gotten.

They apparently treat it much differently now. One of my sons, and my neice (my sister's daughter) both have strabismus. My son's has been treated with glasses and patching the strong eye for a few hours a day, while my neice is newly diagnosed and just being treated with glasses so far.

With my son, we were strict about keeping the glasses on and doing the patching, and it's brought the weak one up much closer to where it ought to be... close enough that we've been able to stop patching.

I'm SO glad my son didn't have to go through that torture!
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the good standing of the forum participants who are posting off-topic in this serious discussion after having been reminded by Flautapantera that this is a serious thread, I am somewhat shocked.

Please return this serious discussion to the topic of unsolved plot developments in the Lonelygirl15 story.

Thank you for your time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: