Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurenConley
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

It seems like ever since Bree made the video "I listened to Daniel" the lighting turned dull and I find myself missing the vids from the beginning of the series. Also it's so frustrating because Jonas seems to be a jack-ass (sorry if I'm not supposed to say those words) and listening to him when he's yelling or trying to act angry is very much like cat claws or something.

I saw Bree on vh1 and I was actually so excited (she looked gorgeous) that I got my camera and took the video of her. When she was talking and they put Jessica Rose as the name - that is when she looked gorgeous. You won't believe who I am, but you don't like me, but I miss the early vids of the "lonelygirl15" and now it just seems like a lot of nothing with ALL DUE respect to the work you all must put into these videos. I'm just saying that I miss the lighting in the early vids and I want to see more of Bree. I'm not going to say who I am, but I wanted to just say that is the reason I'm so frustrated about so many vids being the same and nothing new with the new vids. Sorry Jonas and sorry to all of the other people. What do you think made tv and why do you think that vh1 is showing the old videos when they mention lonelygirl15? I think it's because it's more inviting to watch the old ones instead of using the old video screencaps as a lure to watch the newest dull lighting videos. Argh. I will say who I am now that I had my say. I'm JamieGilmour and I had my say on here and hopefully you will reply on here because it's as if I am talking (in the chatroom) and nobody responds. Grr. Oh well. I'm a fan of the videos before "I listened to daniel" and I still see hope, but I'm frustrated by the careless things that were said in the other threads about me.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am the first to welcome you to the forum!

I think it is safe for me to say that The Creators of Lonelygirl15 have shown that they do value the input from their fans. The link I have provided here has a PM button included which will help you if you wish to share your concerns with them directly.

Miles and Greg also host a weekly internet radio program called Mixed Media. They invite fans to call them and discuss the making of the show, among other things.

I also think it is safe to say that your input is welcome here. Many people here seem to think as you do.

Regarding your concern about things that may have been said about you here: the Forum Administrator, Broken Kid, is aware of the situation. Indeed, he locked down the discussion to which you are refering.

Thank you for joining us here. Please send me a PM if I can be of any assistance.

Apo
LaurenConley
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
I hope I am the first to welcome you to the forum!

I think it is safe for me to say that The Creators of Lonelygirl15 have shown that they do value the input from their fans. The link I have provided here has a PM button included which will help you if you wish to share your concerns with them directly.

Miles and Greg also host a weekly internet radio program called Mixed Media. They invite fans to call them and discuss the making of the show, among other things.

I also think it is safe to say that your input is welcome here. Many people here seem to think as you do.

Regarding your concern about things that may have been said about you here: the Forum Administrator, Broken Kid, is aware of the situation. Indeed, he locked down the discussion to which you are refering.

Thank you for joining us here. Please send me a PM if I can be of any assistance.

Apo

Cool. Thank you. Is there a way where you can email sda4christ@yahoo.com again with the activation for JamieGilmour. I thought that it was never sent, but it actually went into my bulk mail folder so it's gone. I don't want to sign into another yahoo thing to find out whenever I get responses. lol
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input! We're trying to strike a fine balance between the early videos and the new ones. The early videos were almost 100% focused on character with minimal plot, and that worked well when people thought she was real. Now that "the cat is out of the bag" we need to have more plot to keep people interested. So, we are doing our best to mix plot with character development. Re: the lighting, I think you have a point there. Part of the issue is the inconsistency of our locations. Once we can gather the resources to have more control over our location, we should be able to make the videos "pop" more from a lighting and camera standpoint. Finally, I think you'll like where we are headed over the next few weeks and months. More character development mixed in with the plot, and loads more interactivity. In fact, Bree and Daniel have been posting in the "in-character" discussion regularly this week. Thanks for caring enough to write us a message, Jamie!

Miles
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurenConley wrote:
Cool. Thank you. Is there a way where you can email sda4christ@yahoo.com again with the activation for JamieGilmour. I thought that it was never sent, but it actually went into my bulk mail folder so it's gone. I don't want to sign into another yahoo thing to find out whenever I get responses. lol

I sent your information to Broken Kid, the Administrator I mentioned earlier. He handles those types of issues.
LaurenConley
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Thanks for your input! We're trying to strike a fine balance between the early videos and the new ones. The early videos were almost 100% focused on character with minimal plot, and that worked well when people thought she was real. Now that "the cat is out of the bag" we need to have more plot to keep people interested. So, we are doing our best to mix plot with character development. Re: the lighting, I think you have a point there. Part of the issue is the inconsistency of our locations. Once we can gather the resources to have more control over our location, we should be able to make the videos "pop" more from a lighting and camera standpoint. Finally, I think you'll like where we are headed over the next few weeks and months. More character development mixed in with the plot, and loads more interactivity. In fact, Bree and Daniel have been posting in the "in-character" discussion regularly this week. Thanks for caring enough to write us a message, Jamie!

Miles

Cool. Thank you. Lighting is the best thing. I liked the vegas video...I didn't watch it, but I read the transcript. The people who do the transcript contribute a lot of good to the site in my opinion.

I watched, but my thing is on mute. I'd rather read and not hear as silly as that may sound.
LaurenConley
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
LaurenConley wrote:

I sent your information to Broken Kid, the Administrator I mentioned earlier. He handles those types of issues.

Thank you. I knew nothing about the radio show and that so this is cool. I'll look into that once I get my original account activated. Smile I also sent a pm to brokenkid when I noticed that you were a moderator. Sorry for the inconvenience (sp?) though.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't consistent lighting make it look more like a professional production instead of the footage of average joes, though?

I haven't had any issues with the lighting myself. To be honest, I feel that anything that makes it seem more realistic is a good thing.
JamieGilmour
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Wouldn't consistent lighting make it look more like a professional production instead of the footage of average joes, though?

I haven't had any issues with the lighting myself. To be honest, I feel that anything that makes it seem more realistic is a good thing.

Ok. Now I have my original name so LaurenConley won't post anymore. lol As for the realistic stuff, didn't the creators originally say that there was no intention of giving the idea that Bree was or was not real. I had so much fun manipulating videos and uploading them on youtube, but now it seems that there is confusion or no sense of direction (it seems that way to me). I would have been thrilled if the plot stayed the same. I relate to the religion type thing where you are misunderstood and I like that as a theme and everything, but I honestly believe that people fell in love with Bree. Personally, I watched her videos because the editing style caught my eye. I know nothing should stay the same, but it's a good idea (in my opinion) to have some kind of personal type experience to make videos into. I can't remember where I read, but I believe I read that the creators made the lonelygirl15's story ideas from their own experiences. I believe the fans came as a result of that originality and not necessarily the fans creations. I think there are billions of ideas just from the plot in the bedroom. I find it hard to even make parodies or anything other than angry vids (which I deleted) in response to the recent chaos that I cannot watch and identify with even though my life is utter chaos.

I think the creators (again just my opinion) made a mistake by basing the script on how the fans dictate or whatever. After the video where bree "listened to daniel" and they went on the run from whoever is the point where I thought Opaphid's videos were interesting, but that in my opinion is a good fan response. I don't think anything that anybody discovers should turn you from your original idea. I am as much a fan as I am troubled and I'm totally a fan of the personal experience idea from the creators of the original script. Anyway, I tend to repeat things, but I'll stop for now because I feel like I said what I think.

Oh I deleted the mean vids about the forums, but I didn't delete the I've had enough video because I just think of that as basically the idea in my mind along with the added effect which I had fun making. I see nothing in that video that is as bad as hearing Jonas when he's acting mad. ugh. lol
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieGilmour wrote:
As for the realistic stuff, didn't the creators originally say that there was no intention of giving the idea that Bree was or was not real.

What I mean is the premise is that they're just a bunch of ordinary kids in the real world. There wouldn't actually be consistent lighting is all I'm saying. I think using the lighting of wherever they happen to be works a lot better for this kind of presentation where the characters record things themselves and we aren't just observing them through a magic window.

JamieGilmour wrote:
I know nothing should stay the same, but it's a good idea (in my opinion) to have some kind of personal type experience to make videos into.

I can agree with this. If it's something you can relate to, then it's almost guaranteed that someone else can.

Even stories involving the most fantastic of settings and situations should strive to be relatable in some degree. There's a few ways the characters are arguably still relatable (Daniel's alcohol problems, for instance), but I can see what you're saying.

JamieGilmour wrote:
I think the creators (again just my opinion) made a mistake by basing the script on how the fans dictate or whatever.

You know, that's been a concern of mine a few times too. I felt like they may have abandoned aspects of their original vision (no offense, guys, if that's not true) to accomodate viewer demands. I understand why they did it (more than many TV show producers or writers, they feel the necessity of appealing to an audience and considering that audience's reactions), but I wish it hadn't happened.

To be honest, though, I think they've made improvements with that. Obviously we still affect things significantly (they've even admitted that they brought Alex back on because we responded well to her character, whether we loved her or loved to hate her), but I think we're not influencing the plot quite as much as we were at one time (I know you guys remind us a lot that LG15's plot is interactive, but my guess - if true - is a good thing; I think you're finding that there's a good balance between interaction and letting us affect things; for instance, you've got Bree and Daniel talking to us on the forum now, and that's a great mode of interaction).
JamieGilmour
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I liked the "Alex is" video. People relate to drinking videos, but Daniel? I mean it's like ok lets throw in a whole new script for daniel, thus ruining the foundation. I like the idea of Jonas becoming brees brother and I would like it if Jonas would be nice to Bree. I (personally) find Jonas yelling at bree something that hits home TOO much. I like the separate accounts. I like the idea of Jonas making videos and explaining himself instead of having lonelygirl15 to explain for him to raise his youtube views. Adding the LG15 icon in the middle is a good idea for accounts such as the accounts that are part of the whole script instead of having it all go on lonelygirl15's youtube channel.

I never thought I'd say this, but I MISS GEMMA!

I don't think of Jonas as the star of the show and he's louder than all of them. I admit, I don't like Jonas.

As for them portraying ordinary kids in the real world, that is fine, but they aren't ordinary kids and everybody knows that so wouldn't it be expected that since people know that these are actors, that they would make an effort to set an example? Take Brookers for example. Ordinary girl who tried and did a damn good job and got famous for it. I'd think an ordinary person would try to make good videos to go along with gazillion views. It only makes sense.

People can cheat on youtube and there could be many fans cheating for lonelygirl15 causing the videos to rise. I know this because I've done that and a video I want to get to the top is one that I want people to at least like a little bit so I try to make it look better. With any popular video on youtube, there are mean comments, but if Jonas fans cheat a video where jonas has a seizure while holding the camera, people are like, what the hell? It's clear that every video will go to the top and the rever videos are very accurate in the number of views...I believe.

I think there should be a consistency in every environment. Adding a new person to be the drunk sounds better. I kindof think that Daniel makes a mockery of a drunk when it's a real problem. It all started with Daniel and Bree and it was good that way. I think it should end that way too, but I'm not saying it should end now. I really am irritated by lets guess who bree will choose..daniel or jonas. I think of that perspective as the trashy soap operas that I avoid like the plague. I like that lg is remaining innocent in her mannerisms.

I need to stop. I'm getting very sleepy. lol
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie, I think you should call in on the the radio show next week. You'd be a really insightful caller. It's Tuesday night, 6-8 PST on www.nowinla.com - I'll be listening for you! Razz
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss gemma too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: