Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love (semi-serious)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Love (semi-serious) Reply with quote

Death Cab for Cutie has this song called "What Sarah Said".
One of the lines is "Love is watching someone die."
When I first heard this song, it was right after a close friend of mine had passed away and I couldn't listen to it without crying my eyes out. But now I've been able to listen to it again, and I was wondering what you guys thought of that line.

I know this all sounds very emo, but I can assure you that I'm not. I'm just curious as to what you guys think. How would you define love?
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Love (semi-serious) Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Death Cab for Cutie has this song called "What Sarah Said".
One of the lines is "Love is watching someone die."
When I first heard this song, it was right after a close friend of mine had passed away and I couldn't listen to it without crying my eyes out. But now I've been able to listen to it again, and I was wondering what you guys thought of that line.

I know this all sounds very emo, but I can assure you that I'm not. I'm just curious as to what you guys think. How would you define love?

I can relate...we had a rough time in my high school when in the span of two weeks 5 kids died in unrelated deaths. That song reminds me of walking through the halls after my friend sean died and thinking "omg who is next" unfortionitly another friend Aaron died the next day and I had seen him right before it. Spooky huh? I know it sounds stupid but I couldn't listen to Billy Joel "only the good die younge" after...even though it has more to do with tricking a girl to hook up with you than death, but still
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of kids have died at my school this year, too. The deaths weren't as close together as that, but it's pretty much torn the place apart. We had four kids who had cancer, but two of them died. Then another two died in a car accident. And then my friend passed.
It's kinda scary. I hate the way the newspapers keep reporting about what has happened and making stupid comments and getting facts wrong.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
A lot of kids have died at my school this year, too. The deaths weren't as close together as that, but it's pretty much torn the place apart. We had four kids who had cancer, but two of them died. Then another two died in a car accident. And then my friend passed.
It's kinda scary. I hate the way the newspapers keep reporting about what has happened and making stupid comments and getting facts wrong.

omg yeah! it was like a circus!! by the time arron died the camera crews were pushing us out of the way to get a shot of the coffin being carried away ...possibly the worst experience of my life. I also recall when my friend sean died the press saying he was on drugs and thats why he had a heart attack...the kid was the cleanest boy i've ever met, he was a star athlete and would never put anything in his body and they proved he never did. It's just sick really. Stay strong use this experience to really evaluate whats important in your life and believe me it will change you forever. i'm here in case you wanna talk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: