Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[VIDEO] Everyone Hates Cassie ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
im kind of curious as to why in the opaphid vids, is there a screen shot of the end of the vid beore it ends. probably not important, but curious none the less.

it was in an earlier video.

kind of a fakeout to do a scare or hide something after it.

freaked me the f--- out the first time i saw it!
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
covedweller wrote:

HAD IN HIP = APHID NIH?
no clue what the means. but it seems too weird that you could spell APHID with that and not have it be part of it.

H in APHID - Thats the middle

AWE HER YET = YAHWE TREE

These are stunning videos. Someone needs to take credit.

ok. does the H in APHID stand for anything?
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
romanceismusic wrote:
im kind of curious as to why in the opaphid vids, is there a screen shot of the end of the vid beore it ends. probably not important, but curious none the less.

it was in an earlier video.

kind of a fakeout to do a scare or hide something after it.

freaked me the f--- out the first time i saw it!

I know it was in an earlier video...thats why i was curious about it...but that makes sense to hide....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know earlier it was mentioned that someone should get credit for these striking videos. But right now, I think it's MOST important we give OpAphid the recognition and attention to play along with the game.

If we want the PMs to keep doing their thing, it's important to at least attempt to solve what is thrown our way. That goes for any of these ARGs that we like.

But that one comment was too funny, but it's totally true. We have a HSA section here after it was up for just over 24 hours. Its own section! OpAphid has shown quality video work so far and has a better subscriber count than most of the other spin-offs.

I'm not saying this is on the level of CiW or anything (yet), but I think it is worth paying attention to. Especially since of all the videos commented on here, this one seems to be a popular safe money bet for people saying "well, if I had to guess that ONE non-CiW series was LG canon, it'd be this." (and I am not saying that it is).

Personally I like it is because it looks cool (like Japanese horror or an AFI video), and I am finding CiW a bit hard to follow right now. Plus the last CiW video was a bit over the top freaky. I like the mellower approach by just setting the tone.

But I also know that if only one or two people participate in trying to solve anything, than people will lose interest given that there is a high lurker to player ratio here.
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the above in mind, maybe its time to start a puzzle/solution thread focused solely on just that?

Here is what I've seen that should be incorporated into a solutions thread:

In the comments, someone figured that the symbols at the beginning of the video were Egyptian. There have been other puzzles too: anagrams and palindromes mostly.

And the statements at the beginning of the video being Egyptian commandments.

Also, does this belong in spin-offs or fan videos? Hasn't OpAphid posted comments on everyone from Bree to Daniel to Lord Greystoke? I know there was a Bree video blog (the first). But these latest videos focus on Cassie and a comment had suggested a "Cassie vs. OpAphid" meaning that OpAphid (whatever that means exactly remains unclear) might be a negative force.

My guess from the Bree entry is that OpAphid is tied to Bree's religion, and from the comments to Greystoke that it is an organization of sorts. "The bad guys."

If Op is short for Operation, than that would make sense.

oh, and since it was suggested that one anagram was H in APHID, maybe each letter stands for something?

So OpAphid would be Operation APHID?
SuperKC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another one of these with another shot of the girl instead of the same footage as the last two. Almost the same, just one extra shot. More backwards audio at the end. But the usual text on the video says "help me" this time and that she's judged harshly and hastily.
onyx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever the girl in the video's are is...
well..
nevermind Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onyx wrote:
well..
nevermind Laughing

she looks strangely familiar in that vague sort of way. but she's got a purty mouth!
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
There's another one of these with another shot of the girl instead of the same footage as the last two. Almost the same, just one extra shot. More backwards audio at the end. But the usual text on the video says "help me" this time and that she's judged harshly and hastily.

is that also an Egyptian commandment?
onyx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
onyx wrote:
well..
nevermind Laughing

she looks strangely familiar in that vague sort of way. but she's got a purty mouth!

you know what... now that you mention it she does actually look strangely familiar. hmm. maybe something to look into?

i'm still kind of out of the loop on the whole opaphid videos. i've heard different things about cassie saying they are lies, and cassie confirming they are real. anyone know the "truth"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: Cassie confirmations, etc.

It's hard to keep it all straight. Cassie says A LOT of things! or is that through Frank?

Christ am I confused!
lgxy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lot more complicated than you think it is. I don't have a lot of time tonight, but here's a hint received. My bet is this is perhaps a traverse confirmation that connects LG to OpAphid to CIW. But that's just my guess. Again, stop chasing Frank around for a second and look deeper into OpAphid.

I am reminded of this writing in one of our historical texts, by the Roman philosopher Nomanyuos. I attempted to verify the translation on the internet, but unfortunately he remains a victim of harsh damnatio memoriae for his ideas and philosophies that did not bode well with members of certain sects. This less controversial musing regards the Roman Forum and its importance in his time:

"Were it not for the forum, there would be no discourse amongst the people.

Were it not for this discourse, there would be no clear vision.

Were it not for clear vision, the hard work of our politicians, citizens, slaves—not even our armies could ever bring any guidance toward the right path.

But if not for the hard work behind clear vision arrived at through discourse, the forum itself could never have been built."

Historically it is important to note, however, that most Emperors and politicians enjoyed their greatest triumphs when the forums remained largely unaware of their actions, and did not inquire about their intentions. But Nomanyuos, like most philosophers, had virtually no wealth, power or influence. Would you find it coincidental that history is full of many so-called "populists" with similar views?

Regardless, great rewards await the chosen few who can see even a fraction of the wisdom and truth that is right before their very eyes.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears OpAphid's profile has updated:

OpAphid

Channel Views: 5,428
Subscribers: 237

When looking at eternity, and trying to justify it against our place at this moment in time, it's quite common to wonder how all of the pieces fit tog When looking at eternity, and trying to justify it against our place at this moment in time, it's quite common to wonder how all of the pieces fit together.

Perhaps the better question is "Do most people even see the whole picture?" Or are they missing out on seemingly obscure fractions of great importance that could help it all start to become clear? By the time you reach the end, will you even remember every sign you ignored at the beginning?

In the grand scheme of things, we are playing with preciously little time. Alas, without order, we are left to chaos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: