Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0149-"Flesh Wound" [3/09/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Geena wrote:
The Creators might be using character development for Bree, as others have said. They may be making her seem unlikeable right now and off her rocker but I think it's for a reason. Maybe they're trying to build us up for Bree coming out as the strong one in the end, for a shocker.

I think that's a really great theory.
And welcome!

this has been alluded to in other theories of the ceremony; that this is semi-staged to make her stronger because she's required to be stronger for the ceremony.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsk282 wrote:
betz28 wrote:
i thought this video was weird. i am not complaining about it...it was quite entertaining ~ just weird. it just did not seem to fit in...i can't explain why.

i agree...wtf? first of all, why did he need to go to his aunt's office? where did that come from? secondly, a screwdriver to break in? thirdly, stigmata? fourthly, bree thinks she can just heal him herself with some powers? fifthly, a vet????????? fido?

it was all just so weird. entertaining, sure, but so weird.

Because Jonas thinks the financial papers for the foundation his parents started are in the office. There for he needs in there. I still say though it's ridiculous that after 2 days they didn't figure out how to get in the office. I mean come on it's not that hard to break into a simple door inside a house.
fsk282
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does he even need the financial papers though? further proof? Confused honestly, the videos have been frustrating me lately! there was so much action for awhile and we thought we were going to get resolution and boom! same as it ever was. they're on the run again. it's tired.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsk282 wrote:
why does he even need the financial papers though? further proof? Confused honestly, the videos have been frustrating me lately! there was so much action for awhile and we thought we were going to get resolution and boom! same as it ever was. they're on the run again. it's tired.

I think the creators are doing a good job at giving us what we want...however...a mix of locatoins and video type more ofen would be better...ie...usually it's just a monologue...maybe add a little more to it than that....mix in the real life stuff more ofen with the monologues. I must say tho, they have been doing even more of that latley as well.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
Geena wrote:
The Creators might be using character development for Bree, as others have said. They may be making her seem unlikeable right now and off her rocker but I think it's for a reason. Maybe they're trying to build us up for Bree coming out as the strong one in the end, for a shocker.

And welcome!

this has been alluded to in other theories of the ceremony; that this is semi-staged to make her stronger because she's required to be stronger for the ceremony.

That isn't really what I meant. I guess I read Geena's theory wrong. I thought she meant the Creators are characterizing Bree negatively in order to build us up for a twist in which Bree saves the day.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geena wrote:

And welcome!

That isn't really what I meant. I guess I read Geena's theory wrong. I thought she meant the Creators are characterizing Bree negatively in order to build us up for a twist in which Bree saves the day.

well THAT would be mean of them!! LOL
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geena wrote:

And welcome!

After giving this some thought I am going to emerge from the murk of my denial about Bree's character and post how I now feel about this. My opinions are still developing so bear with me:

I have been holding out for that for too, too long. Ever since "I listen to Daniel" I have been waiting for her to grow up and stop acting like a little girl. I have been watching her character and Daniel's character unfold and hoping against hope that Bree will get a chance to 'save the day' and that things will change.

And guess what? It happened. The 'me for Daniel' and 'human randsom' videos were it. But Bree did not actually change much. She is still a whiny, selfish, immature little girl. Now she's just a whiny, selfish, immature little girl who wants to be Tachyon when she grows up.

I think part of my frustration is that this is not a two hour movie in which the character has a change of heart in the last 20 minutes. It is supposed to be in real time and the Creators are true to that. Bree will have to change or she will find herself completely alone. She has already lost Jonas's trust. Daniel is sick of her too. Some gradual changes are apparant. She is already questioning herself and her selfish, stupid judgement. She is making decisions, often wrong but sometimes correct, instead of just following Daniel.

Some change will happen over time and some will not. Her character, with all it's flaws and annoyances, is what it is. Some of it is maturity and some, unfortunately is innate dumbassery.

So, for those of us who were, like me, holding out for Bree to 'save the day' and then go through a heroic transformation, I would just like us to remind ourselves, hard as it is, that it already happened. 'Human randsome' and 'Me for Daniel' were those videos.

Any other changes in Bree's character will be long and hard in coming because the series is written, unlike any piece of fiction any of us have ever seen before, in real time.

IOW I have finally come to accept what everyone has been telling me all along Wink .

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:
So, for those of us who were, like me, holding out for Bree to 'save the day' and then go through a heroic transformation, I would just like us to remind ourselves, hard as it is, that it already happened. 'Human randsome' and 'Me for Daniel' were those videos.

Any other changes in Bree's character will be long and hard in coming because the series is written, unlike any piece of fiction any of us have ever seen before, in real time.

Yep.

AM wrote:
IOW I have finally come to accept what everyone has been telling me all along Wink .

And they all said "Amen."

Admitting you had a problem was the first step. I'm proud of your progress.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

AM wrote:

And they all said "Amen."

Admitting you had a problem was the first step. I'm proud of your progress.

Hello, my name is chershaytoute, and I have a problem...

Yep, the first step here at LonelyCracks Anonymous! <nodding happily> (at least we do know how to throw a party! <chuckle>)

<falling over, laughing>
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty realistic blood in this video Cool . But dumb move on Jonas' part, although I've been there (I tried to cut open a package of frozen hamburger patties, and sliced open my thumb with a Cutco knife). And yeah, like many of you I was like "What? Fido? Seriously, Bree?" She's still a bit immature for her age, but at least she knows it (and knowing is half the battle Wink ).
LadyBugGirl
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video. It made me laugh. Thanks to the people who answered the question on whether or not people can be treated by vets!!

I loved the acting in this one too. Smile
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyBugGirl wrote:
Cool video. It made me laugh. Thanks to the people who answered the question on whether or not people can be treated by vets!!

I loved the acting in this one too. Smile

:lol @ your siggie:

me and a friend compiled a thought on this one horrid professor; here's the finished product:

Trying to follow his conversational bunnytrails during lecture is like trying to follow an A.D.D rabbit on crack! ... Sad and not nearly as fun...
zippo69
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i've been looking over and over on the part where they are showing jonas hand, how could he get a screwdriver through his hand?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zippo69 wrote:
ok so i've been looking over and over on the part where they are showing jonas hand, how could he get a screwdriver through his hand?

very easy; hold one hand just right, use the screw driver with a lot of force, have one little slip, and BLAMMO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: