Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With no ARG from "the creators," can we start to a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenecaDoane
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: With no ARG from "the creators," can we start to a Reply with quote

OK, this has been bothering me for a couple days now. When "the Creators" initially distanced themselves from CiW, they also said that CiW was an interesting fan-creation since they actually had plans to incorporate ARG elements into the story. Well, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it is now the 9th of October and the LG15 Creators have yet to introduce any ARG storylines... or have they?

We're all pretty sure that "the ceremony" will take place on October 12th. That's true for both the LG15 universe and for the CiW universe. If "the Creators" had planned any serious fan involvement in ARG-type gaming, they would have incorporated it by now. This leads me to question their initial denial of the CiW side-story. I now think that it was their plan all along to incorporate the two stories on the 12th. By denying the CiW phenomenon, but still letting it unfold in parallel with the LG15 storyline, they actually made the entire game that much more interesting.

I'm pretty sure that the denial was a red herring. Once the LG15 story was "found out" to be fiction, the only way "the Creators" could get people involved in actively trying to decode the story was to offer a parallel--but much darker--storyline. I believe that after October 12th, the stories will merge. Such a move would give ARG players and casual fans alike the impression that nothing, in fact, is as it seems. It would leave us to question whether anyone--including the Creators--is in control of the unfolding events. We have all been preparing for this thing to END on the 12th. My guess is that it actually all BEGINS then.

But that's just my 2 cents. I guess we'll all just need to wait and see... Question

Last edited by SenecaDoane on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
lgxy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ARG is OpAphid.
daykar
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like ur two cents Smile it's a great theory!!! Laughing Laughing Smile i hope you're right! otherwise we can look forward to a whole buncha nothin happening on the 12th... Rolling Eyes
onyx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daykar wrote:
i like ur two cents Smile it's a great theory!!! Laughing Laughing Smile i hope you're right! otherwise we can look forward to a whole buncha nothin happening on the 12th... Rolling Eyes

agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SenecaDoane
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lgxy wrote:
I think the ARG is OpAphid.

Do we have ANY reason to believe that's true? Has there been any confirmation from "the Creators?"
glassdiamond
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAphid scares the bejeezus out of me. Having said that, I've been commenting and translating the reversed audio bits of those vids now that I've figured out how to record them without distortion or anything. Go me.

Yes, i'm glassdiamond there too. lol
Kristine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LG15 is just plain boring without CiW.
oldwoman35
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz I agree I said that a week ago and was given HELL by the Mods
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do I think that this was all planned by the "creators" (hate saying that, sounds awful god-like), but I think that some of the people who moderate and post responses to LG's vids are in on it too. I even have my moments when I feel that some of those in the chat room are part of it.

I'm not a genius, but I'm not getting fooled by this... as a matter of fact, I'm getting rather annoyed and bored. I get the distinct feeling that beyond being a game, a lot of the people involved get off on "putting one over on us". I'm not liking it at all.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theratdiva wrote:
Not only do I think that this was all planned by the "creators" (hate saying that, sounds awful god-like), but I think that some of the people who moderate and post responses to LG's vids are in on it too. I even have my moments when I feel that some of those in the chat room are part of it.

Wink
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are quite the puppetmasters, doncha know.

Undoubtedly there is some form of game to be played.... right?!? *shrug*
However, whether it was the original intended game, or whether it was the Unfiction crew stepping in and hijacking it.... who knows....

regardless. they are in control. do not adjust your television sets.
they will just laugh maniacally.

We figure out some puzzles, they give hints, we move to the next thing. They control "characters". That's just how it is. The problem is the fourth wall -- they're just having more fun breaking the 4th wall than they are developing the game and the story.

Only thing I can figure at this point is that they want more player interaction, more videos and more diehard fans.

Honestly, I think they've run more people off with their antics, and draw in the newbies who have yet to taste the angst and sorrow some of us have experienced.

Personally, I'm just enjoying the show. And the aluminum foil hats with the decoder rings.
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole thing is reminding me more and more of shows like Carnivale or Twin Peaks- the mysticism is all well and good and interesting, but after awhile my desire for answers is stronger than my interest in the development, and i just start getting frustrated when every new, promising clue turns out to raise more questions than it answers. Rolling Eyes

they've built it all up so high now, and they've sure got a lot of loose ends to account for. i just hope they can live up to the bar they're setting for themselves when the answers finally come. i also kinda do still hope ciw is lg15 canon. cuz as has been said before, Bree's pretty damn boring without her.

PS- (OT) if anybody watched Carnivale as addictively as i did, you know also the anguish of knowing that the questions that weighed so heavily on your heart will never b answered cuz THE FREAKIN SHOW GOT CANCELLED!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
at least that probably wont happen here... oh PLEASE God don 't let that happen here!! Wink
SbS
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
...and draw in the newbies who have yet to taste the angst and sorrow some of us have experienced.

Which is why you should post more hiphop lyrics. Razz
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosq, you are so right... they're gonna end up with a lot of pissed off people, mark my words
uriella
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannahbee wrote:
this whole thing is reminding me more and more of shows like Carnivale or Twin Peaks- the mysticism is all well and good and interesting, but after awhile my desire for answers is stronger than my interest in the development, and i just start getting frustrated when every new, promising clue turns out to raise more questions than it answers. Rolling Eyes

they've built it all up so high now, and they've sure got a lot of loose ends to account for. i just hope they can live up to the bar they're setting for themselves when the answers finally come. i also kinda do still hope ciw is lg15 canon. cuz as has been said before, Bree's pretty damn boring without her.

PS- (OT) if anybody watched Carnivale as addictively as i did, you know also the anguish of knowing that the questions that weighed so heavily on your heart will never b answered cuz THE FREAKIN SHOW GOT CANCELLED!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
at least that probably wont happen here... oh PLEASE God don 't let that happen here!! Wink

carnivale was my favorite tv series besides lost hands down. i religiously watched that show and would watch the old seasons while waiting for the new one to come on. why they cancelled that show is beyond me. its so much better than sopranos or whatever other garbage they are showing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: