Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid Resolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
When did she ever speak in a video? If you never played the ARG and all you saw were the OpAphid vids as posted as vid comments on this site or vid responses on lg15 YT account then all you know of OpAphid is what we learned from Gemma.

Despite the less prominent placement of all those details, they nonetheless existed. Given that it all was happening as part of an ARG, something beyond just watching videos is implied and necessary, don't you think?

immortal1 wrote:
The whole thing with facilities was established in game.

To be fair, the whole thing was a game. But, actually, their facilities were mentioned in one of the OpAPHID videos too.

immortal1 wrote:
A hit squad could still be a division of the Order. They could have been using Bree and Co. to lure Tachyon into action. Let's for arguement sake say OpAphid was a hit squad tasked with eliminating Tachyon and Brother, were successful and then moved on to their next targets whoever they may be. That would explain the disappearance of Tachyon, Brother and OpAphid.

It doesn't fit with everything else, though, especially when Op had told Bree to go along with the ceremony before Tachyon stole stuff from them.

immortal1 wrote:
Here's something to consider, if a non compete wasn't signed and the PM retains the rights to the characters it may not be for the Creators to say what happened to the characters.

I don't doubt that the Creators lack ownership of the characters or the legal parameters to do such a thing. That's not really what we've been talking about, though, so much as the situation that fact has put the Creators and the story in. I think it's a given that the Creators really can't say anything explicit about those characters.

immortal1 wrote:
I'd say that there is even a possibility for something other than the obvious is a good thing.

I suppose.

immortal1 wrote:
We can't because the exit of these characters wasn't planned. It's more damage control more than anything else.

I know, but there's really nothing much we can do but make recommendations about how to/not to address it.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
When did she ever speak in a video? If you never played the ARG and all you saw were the OpAphid vids as posted as vid comments on this site or vid responses on lg15 YT account then all you know of OpAphid is what we learned from Gemma.

Despite the less prominent placement of all those details, they nonetheless existed. Given that it all was happening as part of an ARG, something beyond just watching videos is implied and necessary, don't you think?

Not for me to say. I think there could be a loophole there. For example, when it comes to TV and Film if it happens onscreen it's canon, if it happens offscreen in supplemental material such as novels, it's not. I wouldn't be the one to know if the same precedent has been established with ARGs. If the same principle applies then the only only ARG elements that would be canon would be those that were shown onscreen. It's a slippery slope but if it holds then there is less to explain away and makes most of what we have been discussing moot.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest something in the spirit of moving on?

The plot inconsistencies that people are talking about here can be smoothed over.

If Bree is unable to contact Tachyon now, it simply means that Tachyon has moved on to a training camp or other locale where her communication method has changed. She moves around alot. She probably doesn't use a cell phone anymore, because she now knows that Oppy can track them; same thing for Brother.

There is an organization, Operation Aphid. There is also a character, OpAphid. The line between organization and character has been sketchy in the past. Presumably, OpAphid has failed in her task of convincing Bree to "do the ceremony," and has been "terminated" by the organization.

The only inconsistency that really stands out now evolves from NBR video "Following The Drugs." In this "friend" fic video, she claims that the kidnapper from the private order videos was employed by OpAphid. She then implies that her source gave her this information.

Nikki follows the information provided by this source to what appears to be the undisturbed motel room of the kidnapper. She then finds a veritable treasure trove of information that leads her to conclude that her source is correct.

Yet, she has failed to resolve Lucy's ability to see BD&J's videos. This can easily be handled if Lucy is seen in some future video as having been removed from association with OpAphid, and reassigned to The Hymn of One.

I suggested in the fan fiction area where Nikki's video is discussed that her informant is actually attempting to mislead her about the identity of the kidnapper AND the identity of the kidnapper's killer. If this approach were used, then this all fits together nicely. I also suggested that Nikki's source is actually the one who killed the kidnapper.

I think this ties up the loose ends, but I could be wrong.
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheosis, I like your thinking. Nikki Bower's video is on the right side of the LGpedia AS a canon LG-15 vid, just like OpAphid's used to be. She's the one who said that Tachyon and Oppy were "missing," although the creators seem to be saying they are no more a part of the series at all.

Rodriguar, I know that the Hymn of One site belongs to the Creators. I was the one who originally looked up the info, if you'll look back through the posts. I just took what the creators said literally: There will be no "stand alone ARG." So, I was confused where Hymn of One fit in. See?
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Lurker wrote:
immortal1 wrote:

Not for me to say. I think there could be a loophole there. For example, when it comes to TV and Film if it happens onscreen it's canon, if it happens offscreen in supplemental material such as novels, it's not. I wouldn't be the one to know if the same precedent has been established with ARGs. If the same principle applies then the only only ARG elements that would be canon would be those that were shown onscreen. It's a slippery slope but if it holds then there is less to explain away and makes most of what we have been discussing moot.

It's very different with ARGs. Nothing that is in-game with them (especially when being distributed through the PM) should be taken as less than gospel. Heck, the videos weren't even where the story was to be found most of the time. They were just clues or "Come and get it"s.

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
The plot inconsistencies that people are talking about here can be smoothed over.

If Bree is unable to contact Tachyon now, it simply means that Tachyon has moved on to a training camp or other locale where her communication method has changed. She moves around alot. She probably doesn't use a cell phone anymore, because she now knows that Oppy can track them; same thing for Brother.

That specific an explanation would work in the short term, sure. That's somewhat in the spirit of what I suggested should have occurred. What actually happened, though, is that Bree said she hasn't heard from Tachyon, but has no idea how to get in contact. That doesn't ring true with what's gone before. The better way to handle that would have been:

"I haven't heard from Tachyon in weeks ... since I left that training camp. It's so weird not hearing from her & I'm concerned! She doesn't respond when I try to contact her."

It might look like a small difference, but it's significant for that particular plot point. It's the difference between an ability that was previously available being acknowledged or it apparently having never existed (Bree spoke only in terms of waiting to be contacted, not in terms of trying to make contact herself).

Sure, in either case it leaves the same room for Tachyon to just be gone, for whatever reason - but why not have it airtight at the same time? (By the way, it's not too late to edit that post to say something different, and then delete mine that came right after it.)

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
There is an organization, Operation Aphid. There is also a character, OpAphid. The line between organization and character has been sketchy in the past. Presumably, OpAphid has failed in her task of convincing Bree to "do the ceremony," and has been "terminated" by the organization.

Sure, that could be what happened.

To be fair, though, the disappearances of the three characters are actually the smallest problems for the plot produced in the last day or two. It's the attempts at explanations and the allusions to those disappearances that have produced issues.

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Yet, she has failed to resolve Lucy's ability to see BD&J's videos. This can easily be handled if Lucy is seen in some future video as having been removed from association with OpAphid, and reassigned to The Hymn of One.

Don't forget that Lucy seemingly started out with the religious side of things. She was assigned to help Bree prepare for the ceremony, and has been seen in the company of at least one deacon.

Also, don't forget that they wanted Bree to lie to Daniel about the ceremony. They had to know about her videos. And it was the deacons that Bree's parents talked to after they told her that she didn't have to go through with the ceremony.

Even if - for some unimaginably stupid reason - the various divisions of the Order didn't share information, there's no way these guys shouldn't know everything.

The notion that OpAPHID was the only division of the Order to know about the videos doesn't work. We can only hope that Nikki was wrong about this.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
That specific an explanation would work in the short term, sure. That's somewhat in the spirit of what I suggested should have occurred. What actually happened, though, is that Bree said she hasn't heard from Tachyon, but has no idea how to get in contact. That doesn't ring true with what's gone before. The better way to handle that would have been:

"I haven't heard from Tachyon in weeks ... since I left that training camp. It's so weird not hearing from her & I'm concerned! She doesn't respond when I try to contact her."

It might look like a small difference, but it's significant for that particular plot point. It's the difference between an ability that was previously available being acknowledged or it apparently having never existed (Bree spoke only in terms of waiting to be contacted, not in terms of trying to make contact herself).

Sure, in either case it leaves the same room for Tachyon to just be gone, for whatever reason - but why not have it airtight at the same time? (By the way, it's not too late to edit that post to say something different, and then delete mine that came right after it.)

Well, my post was in the spirit of moving forward. I am leaving my interpretation of the disappearance of Tachyon and Bree's present inability to contact her as it is presently written. I suppose you have a valid point in continuing to repeatedly post how you think Bree's inability to contact Tachyon should have been handled. It wasn't handled as you suggest. So, my suggestion fits the present facts.

Lurker wrote:
Don't forget that Lucy seemingly started out with the religious side of things. She was assigned to help Bree prepare for the ceremony, and has been seen in the company of at least one deacon.

Also, don't forget that they wanted Bree to lie to Daniel about the ceremony. They had to know about her videos. And it was the deacons that Bree's parents talked to after they told her that she didn't have to go through with the ceremony.

Even if - for some unimaginably stupid reason - the various divisions of the Order didn't share information, there's no way these guys shouldn't know everything.

The notion that OpAPHID was the only division of the Order to know about the videos doesn't work. We can only hope that Nikki was wrong about this.

Don't forget that Lucy responded to Bree's ploy in the "Me For Daniel" video, and that Daniel was being held by OpAphid at that time.

Also, don't forget that it isn't unimaginably stupid to suppose that two or more groups within an organization often have poor interagency communication. Take a look at the history of the communication between the various law enforcement agencies of the US Government, for example, and I think you'll agree.

Smile
charliebrown
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...i am gonna miss all of them! Sad
bubbleteagirl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been studying for exams and must have missed a lot on the forum because I have no idea what's going on!!

What's this all about? It sounds like there is some sort of back-story to this. Or, is this threat the first that EVERYONE heard about this?
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is a back story. And no, not even those who visit daily got most of it, because people were quick to vanish stuff. Therefore, I'll let someone else sum it up.

Although chances are you'll just be told to "go search the forums" instead, because people don't like to talk about it.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbella wrote:
Apotheosis, I like your thinking. Nikki Bower's video is on the right side of the LGpedia AS a canon LG-15 vid, just like OpAphid's used to be. She's the one who said that Tachyon and Oppy were "missing," although the creators seem to be saying they are no more a part of the series at all.

Rodriguar, I know that the Hymn of One site belongs to the Creators. I was the one who originally looked up the info, if you'll look back through the posts. I just took what the creators said literally: There will be no "stand alone ARG." So, I was confused where Hymn of One fit in. See?

Nikki appearing on LGpedia doesn't make her cannon, information in LGpedia is as official as information in the forum. It's put there by anyone, and what stays there is what the majority of people agree on, after several conflicting edits and changes . I edit LGpedia a lot so there are things, that are there, because I think they should be, and have nothing to do with the Creators.

The NBR video is on the main page because Zoey put it there. After she put it there I took it off because I thought only Cannon stuff sheould go there, then JayHenry put it back , so on the discussion page we talked about it and I agreed it belong there. so I didn't take it off again.

You can't conclude anything as being cannon just because it's in LGPedia
Mgz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooo tachyon! I loved you! how breeniverse will be now without you? am really really sorry
I know that you have not taken this decision with lightness, but hope that he has been a very valid reason!
bubbleteagirl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
Although chances are you'll just be told to "go search the forums" instead, because people don't like to talk about it.

I have been searching! I can't find any information! What went down??
DoktorBob
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start from the earliest locked topics in the General Discussion of the OpAPHID section (are shills officially allowed in this ARG?) and continue to the other locked topics

or

check the 2 opinions/summeries at YouTube from:
"A Puppet Master in Crisis" tigerlillylenn's video
"In Defense of Glenn" watchingopaphid video

Can't remember where there is a full summery of what went down.

Who watches the watchers?
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty, thanks for clarifying!!

I (and many others) were quite confused!
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
PixieSailor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't agree with the removal of Tachyon, Brother, and OpAphid. It's possible to incorperate them into the storyline without making it ARG, as the few mainstream videos with them have proven. I think they make the whole thing have a lot more depth.

However, it's not my decision to make in any way, and I respect that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: