Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story Behind Your Avatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa that would be cool to have a poster of em. May need to get that next to my Master Yoda one lol. Haha you kissed him huh lol that is kinda embarassing lol Wink Yeah you got the Sherlock Holmes ones right with Data. But Sam Spade? not sure about that I know Picard did "Dickson Hill" private detective holoprograms.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha mirage. Wasn't there some big upset amongst Star Trek fans because of Wesley Crusher? Everyone hated him or something? I never minded him, personally. I'm a big Wil Wheaton fan, because my favorite film is Stand By Me. And I like Wesley, personally. Very Happy
I love holodeck episodes too. Except for that one where Worf and Alexander and Deanna are stuck in the holodeck in that western, and there's the whole thing with Data and everything. It's not a bad episode...I've just seen it SO MANY TIMES. Laughing

Chain of Command was such a great episode! I also have a strange fondness for "Darmok." Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra lol. Very Happy But I've got to say that "Phantasms" really takes the cake. It was so creepy, I remember having nightmares when I was little. But wow it was so good.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fist Full of Datas" lol that was funny but yes kinda seen that a bunch of times lol. Darmok on the Ocean, Jilad on the Ocean. Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra, the Beast of Tanagra, Shaka when the walls fell. Smile
Oh yes that "Phantasms" one where Data is dreaming actually does take the cake lol literally a cellular peptide cake that is from Deana. And Dr. Crusher drinking out of Riker's head with a straw and him telling Data to answer the phone that is in his chest. Weird stuff but that was awesome.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Last edited by livelongandprosper77 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHANTASMS IS SO AWESOME!
I wish I had that episode on DVD. The season are soooo expensive that I only own one season of TNG, and then the Time Travel/Borg/Q/Klingon collections, which are sooo much cheaper. Very Happy
You know that one episode of DS9 where they're playing some sort of weird game thing? I don't remember everything that happened in it, but there was this little girl skipping. Shocked It was weird. But I remember it. I love Sisko. And Dax. And Odo. I was sad when Jadzia got replaced with Ezri. I cried. Crying or Very sad That was disgraceful. I don't think I've even seen all the Ezri episodes, because I really don't remember anything about her. How long was she around?
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

livelongandprosper77 wrote:
Whoa that would be cool to have a poster of em. May need to get that next to my Master Yoda one lol. Haha you kissed him huh lol that is kinda embarassing lol Wink Yeah you got the Sherlock Holmes ones right with Data. But Sam Spade? not sure about that I know Picard did "Dickson Hill" private detective holoprograms.

d'oh! Maybe it was Dickson Hill I'm thinking of. Like I said, I was 8, so my memory isn't the best. Very Happy

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
hahaha mirage. Wasn't there some big upset amongst Star Trek fans because of Wesley Crusher? Everyone hated him or something? I never minded him, personally. I'm a big Wil Wheaton fan, because my favorite film is Stand By Me. And I like Wesley, personally. Very Happy
I love holodeck episodes too. Except for that one where Worf and Alexander and Deanna are stuck in the holodeck in that western, and there's the whole thing with Data and everything. It's not a bad episode...I've just seen it SO MANY TIMES. Laughing

I think it's because Wesley was always considered a "Mary Sue" type of character--being "portrayed in an overly idealized way", "lacking noteworthy or realistic flaws", or someone who is basically a stereotype of fiction's cliches, like having a tragic past or being so amazingly smart but yet young yet beautiful. ACTUALLY if you wanna get technical wiki says that Wesley is actually a canon-Sue because he's an actual character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_sue

Edit: Oh, Wil Wheaton is great. I saw him on the Screen Savers a couple of times and I know I've read his blog somewhere at some point. He's quite funny. I actually just saw him last night on "I Love the 80's!" on VH1. Very Happy
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of TNG on DVD and forked out $99 for all but 2 of em which are half price now. But yeah i totally know how expensive they are for sure. Yeah i remember that DS9 episode where Quark is playing that game with those aliens who like games. and Sisqo and the other are pieces. the little girl is saying Alamarain or something funny stuff seeing em skip around lol. Not sure on the name of that episode though. Yeah it was a shame to see Jadzia go she was killed off in Season Six by Dukat. Ezri replaced her for all of Season 7. The actress that played her was all right but not Terry Ferell by a long shot.

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Laughing
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell how into Star Trek we are lol? Laughing

PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Kari's not a Star Trek fan?

I got the one season of TNG that I own for only $80 at Borders right before Christmas, but they're normally over $100 and that's just sooo much money! Mostly I watch the episodes on Spike, record them with my tiVo thing, and then burn them onto DVD's. Laughing
Yeah I didn't think Ezri was around for a long time. I think I kinda blocked her out until I saw an episode with her a few days ago. The thing I don't like about DS9, is that they're on a space station, so besides you know occasional trips through the wormhole, and occasional journeys on the Defiant, they mostly have to wait for the action to come to them. That's the only thing I don't like about it, because I love the characters, and the Prophets (how cool are they?) and everything. Very Happy
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah DS9 episodes lol it is so funny i did the same thing i taped em off of Spike and burned them to DVD also Laughing. Voyager i taped them all off of UPN and burned them ehhe. Yeah DS9 shows were mostly centered on all the galaxies cultures and adventures coming to the station. Which that isn't so bad but does kinda lack the "exploring new worlds" and "encountering unknown lifeforms" like TNG and VOY have. Now when the Dominion came into play and they go through the wormhole a lot with the Defiant that was when i was like that is the Star Trek I know. But yeah the Prophets (Wormhole Aliens Wink) add a very interesting quality to the show as the Bajoran gods. I think the religious aspects to the show might be why a lot do not like it but i think it totally added to the series by doing that. Bajorans, Cardassians, Ferengi, and all the main characters Sisqo, Jake, Kira, Jadzia, Odo, Quark, Bashir, O'Brien, and best of all Worf are all great characters with great story lines.

PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the religious aspects. Now, I'm not a religious person myself, but I thought it just added this sort...mysterious kind of thing. I thought it made the show more interesting. Deeper, if you will. Very Happy And I don't think there was a single character in that series that I dislike.
A few months ago, they did this whole big thing on Spike where they had like a Voyager marathon all day everyday for a whole week, and I taped every episode! Laughing it was so funness. Very Happy
It makes me so sad to think about...I mean, what happened to star trek? I miss having a new series. I think one of the things that went wrong was that they began focusing too much on having cool aliens and battle scenes because they had the ability to do so much with visual effects. But by doing this, they stopped caring about the stories and characters as much. That's my opinion, anyway. Because there was just something not right about Enterprise. I just didn't enjoy any of the characters, and it seemed like it was just trying to conform to mainstream interests. Sad They should try again sometime, though. Because I miss having new star trek!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my avatar so clearly points out the struggle between DBJ and the Order; and also good and evil. We see our hero bound and blindfolded, and evil Lucy in the background. However, as we all know, DBJ prevail in this episode (I also love the camera angles and coloring).

Also, a helpless, bound DB just makes me hot!

OK, he always makes me hot, but bound X 10.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatars... Mine are easy. I take pictures... As I take 'em and find new ones I like, I s-h-r-i-n-k 'em down to avie size and throw 'em up into that little box over <------ there, and yep, I've got a new avie! Wink

Present and past ones tend to sit over on my photobucket account...cuz that's where I stash 'em! Very Happy

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current one is pretty self explanatory, lol.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is pretty self explanatory as well. I love Daniel. He owns my heart. The end! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 14 of 22

Jump to: