Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maddy Atkins - "Drop Found!" [4/16/07]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Maddy Atkins - "Drop Found!" [4/16/07] Reply with quote

http://one.revver.com/watch/236080/flv/affiliate/80876

tada Smile
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and as I was 2 seconds from posting a youtube email I was sent in corrilation to the last video, this one is damn near posted the same time... so the email seems useless now... GOOD JOB THOSE ON THE FORUM THAT HELPED LEADING TO THIS...

Maddison, you are losing days... its not over and those who wish to find you are closing in... dont feel so comfy
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey how did he know about the stick figure? All she said was it had something to do with Dr. Suess...how'd he know unless he arranged for the drop! And he must have sent the pidgeon which makes sense because who picks up a pidgeon? If it was a screw up- it's kind of a big one.

I liked how they worked the forum and the chat into the video. That's a good way to get people invested and make them feel like they are personally involved.
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Creators are not behind this because that was all kinds of lame.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww house I think maddy is cute
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
aww house I think maddy is cute

I think Maddy is cute...but, her acting skills lack something to be desired. Even Bree and Danielbeast weren't THAT rough. Maddy resembles Bree, remarkably. But...wow...holy bad acting, Batman. Shocked
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I it all.

But as if it's all done!
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Immortal said... She was telling Adam about the drop. He's acting like 'wtf'ish and all of a sudden he knows about the stick figure.

Sooo... Adam knew what the drop was, but pretend he doesn't...
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an edit at 0:53 where he starts recapping everything, with details about the drop location that she hadn't filled him in about yet, and he ends with the stick figure mention. It's obvious that she edited out the whole long-winded explanation and chose to leave the summary. Come one guys, pay attention.

I hope the creators never take this over because the current LG stuff is all kinds of lame. If you're looking for huge plot holes you don't need to look further than the left side of the main page.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
There's an edit at 0:53 where he starts recapping everything, with details about the drop location that she hadn't filled him in about yet, and he ends with the stick figure mention. It's obvious that she edited out the whole long-winded explanation and chose to leave the summary. Come one guys, pay attention.

I hope the creators never take this over because the current LG stuff is all kinds of lame. If you're looking for huge plot holes you don't need to look further than the left side of the main page.

Deagol, I completely agree.
Jester
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this video made me laugh. Adams face when Maddison said "skunkwaffle".... lol.

Also, Maddison. I hate to cut it to you. But this is far from over.

[18:31] * Killthesmiley shakes her booty all up on OpAphid
[18:31] <OpAphid> HELL YES
gemmas-flatmate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, new to forums (so please forgive me if this post comes out wrong!!)

I actually quite like the Maddison videos, I know the acting is a bit (ok VERY) wooden but I did think the "two bags" clue was kind of cool. Maybe it has potential?
*member of the cypher crew
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

That's a huge justification. This is my first experience in an ARG from the get go. When talking about the Fan Creation redesign I took a bit of a beating because people thought I was anti-ARG (which I assure you is not the case) I thought maybe I was shortchanging the experience so when this came along I decided I'd jump in and see how it goes. My one prejudice is that the game aspect is more important than the story aspect.

On the game side I've been impressed. The puzzles are challenging and you don't have to solve the whole thing to feel involved. The drop retrieval is an exciting process and really gives some control to the gameplayers. I thought it was great that Maddie included some of them in her vid. The whole game aspect is a great way to get viewers invested.

On the story side, It didn't start of great for me. The whole pidgeon thing still bothers me. I grew up in NY, I've seen a lot of pidgeons some even with messages and I've never been compelled to pick one up. That inital message was the thing that kicked everything off-it was too important to not know with 100% certainty that it would be received. The second thing I wondered was why Maddie? I'm willing to take this on faith for know but why was she chosen for this task? There should be a reason. It appears that she's come to this situation cold not knowing of the LG15 world or drops. Yet she watched private videos and posted in a forum where talk of drops occur. She communicates via MySpace and IRC- communicating here would seem unnecessary and cause for more trouble then it's worth. Finally this last thing with Adam knowing all the drop details before being told. From a story perspective it changes things, if it were any other type of story red flags would be going up all around him. But in an ARG the story isn't what leads us to the final conclusion, the game does.

When one thing like this happens you can let it go but when they continue to mount it gets harder. Yeah, you can make justifications all you want and sure lg15 isn't perfect but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make sure all your I's are dotted and your T's are crossed where your story is concerned. I'm not a gameplayer, I'm not someone who would stick around just for puzzles or drops. Based on what I've seen from my involvement so far I think I could really get into an ARG if it were a complete experience.
gemmas-flatmate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people have pointed out that the video is cut, so Maddison could have already told Adam about the stick figure before he mentions it ... but it was also Adam who picked up the darn probably flea infested pigeon in the first place. There are too many alarm bells with that guy...
*member of the cypher crew
satansgurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all! I'm new on the forums but I've watched LG15 for awhile now. I really like the addition of Maddy and I think it will ive us something new to play w/ now that Opaphid is gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: