Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with the IRC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Problems with the IRC Reply with quote

So I'm really getting into the Maddison ARG and part of that is due to the chat. So at first I used ircproxy then that stopped loading so I used ircatwork which when I sign on now I am the only one in the room and I know thats not true....so I asked around and was told to use javafreenode.net or something which i tried and i'm unable to actually connect to the chat room. I tried downloading the newer version of java and playing with the firewall but nothing seems to be working... Crying or Very sad
I'm on a college network so I'm wondering if that may be the reason I can't connect, but I was able to before so i'm not sure what is going on . If anyone could help that would be great. You can PM me or just leave me a message here! Thanks guys I'd really appreciate it Wink
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A favorite of some users is toad-one.org

Also, I set up an mIRC instruction page in the LGpedia here:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=MIRC

It doesn't have all the answers, because I'm not exaclty an IRC guru, but I encourage everyone to contribute to this page, by adding their favorite application for accessing IRC, and instructions for how to set it up and use it.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly just recommend downloading mIRC... www.mirc.com

even though it only says 30 day free trial or whatever, you don't really have to register it to keep using it. but IMO using the actual mIRC is the best way to go.

If you choose to do this... and need help setting it up let me know. I'd be glad to help you out.

Other then that I don't really know what is wrong. I know TOSG had some issues with his college server not allowing him on, I'll go find what he got to work. Other then that I can't really help sorry.
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
A favorite of some users is toad-one.org

Also, I set up an mIRC instruction page in the LGpedia here:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=MIRC

It doesn't have all the answers, because I'm not exaclty an IRC guru, but I encourage everyone to contribute to this page, by adding their favorite application for accessing IRC, and instructions for how to set it up and use it.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH Luminous!!!!! and everyone else I'm sure it'll shit out on me again so thanks everyone else for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: