Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jehovah's Witnesses / Watchtower Society?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakita
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:
tannhaus wrote:
nakita wrote:
A lot of people aren't calling it a religion, they're calling it a cult. Nowadays, cult is a term we associate with brainwashing and Charles Manson. (I know that the actual definition of cult is not so bad, but think about it; what is the first thing that pops into your head when you hear the word cult?) I don' t know about you, but that would offend me.
Religion is supposed to be something we embrace that makes our lives better. So far it seems like people want to 'save' Bree from her religion.

TOTALLY agreed

There aren't "a lot of people" in the series. Only Daniel thinks her religion is like a cult...but he seems pretty uninformed on the subject. The fans are the rest of the "people" I think you're talking about. The creators can't control what any of our opinions are. If all the varying opinions on the boards offend you or anyone else, I'd reccomend that you just watch the videos and don't read any of this.

I kind of hope (although it wouldn't be as interesting) that Bree's religion and the ceremony turns out to be completely harmless. That Daniel will break in expecting to save her, but instead discovers that her beliefs are not evil but just different. Sending a message that just because someone beliefs are different does not make them bad.

That'd be great .... not as good as some people's end-of-the-world theories... but at least it's realistic

Proud member of the Jonas is Sexy Club!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: