Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO JULES!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It better not lead to Bree leaving.
She is the reason why we all started watching right?

I hope Jules really isn't the new girl, or else I hope she becomes a better actress

Taylor is Love; Sarah is Love; Spencer is Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: In defense of my defense Reply with quote

garnet wrote:

I stand by my point that checking message boards every day to find out what 1000s of ppl. think of you might not be healthy. This is sort of a free-for-all. Being a professional doesn't automatically mean you're equiped to process mass criticism. Different people deal with it differently, though, and that should be respected.
Of course she should not visit the boards - I'm not saying she should visit all of this. However, the fact that she might visit the boards shouldn't mean we should have to censor ourselves to protect her feelings. Even though she's only 12, she has to learn that this stuff happens and she's going to be criticized. If she can't take it, SHE has to leave, we don't all have to change to protect her.

garnet wrote:

I do wonder if the physical type is related to the ceremony. It seems this girl is supposed to be younger, which makes me think that being a particular age isn't important.
"Kevin" or whoever posted the satanic calendar which said ceremony should have a girl between 7-17. How real that is i'm not sure, but I would say age could make some sort of difference, though as you said not a particular age.
skeeta
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not opposed to having ae new character, but yeah, this girl sucks. i wince every time i watch her vids. she's got to be the worst actress i've ever seen.
samaurai.
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Jules, or discount that maybe she might learn to act and be somewhat tolerable in the upcoming episodes but she doesn't have that air about her, the charisma or essence that the characters need... rather than wanting to hear what she has to say I'm waiting until I can turn her off and get away from her.

I think (and really hope) that she is just a distraction... I've been watching soccerstar's vlogs and I think she's way better for the part, her vlogs are in the same lonelygirl15 style so I'm hoping and praying that she'll be the new girl.
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Let's stop laying the blame on the 15-year-old! Reply with quote

I think that the writing and directing for Jules are mainly to blame. Bree had some really insightful and interesting monologues (that didn't sound like monologues) posted from the very beginning. The analogy about her lazy eye was wonderful. How creative can you be with some schmarmy lines about French sounding so romantic and making you want to sit in a cafe? Yes, I realize that this is the kind of cheesy unorginal stuff that many 15-year-olds write, thinking that they're deep and misunderstood. In that sense, Jules is very believable as a girl who wrote up a script for herself to construct her own dramatic online personality. Unfortunately, it stands in such disappointing contrast to Bree's comfortable rapport with the camera. Why down-grade the scripts like that?

I find it difficult to believe that a director wouldn't work with this girl more. She could try acting from loose notes instead of a script (which the other actors clearly do from time to time). If she has to stick with a script, she could find beats within it to make the monologue go somewhere. She could definitely try listening to her voice play back in the footage in order to avoid using the same inflection for every line. She could try developing goals for scenes, (i.e. by telling people about this subject, I hope to make myself feel _______ by the time I stop talking), different tactics to get there, etc. For two minutes of her life, this girl gave a bad performance. That doesn't necessarily mean that she has no talent (unless this was like, her 30th take and everyone was exasperated...but then just cast someone else). It mostly means that nobody took the time to get the best performance out of her.

I realize that the posting deadline for these videos must make the whole process a little rough, but I think the creators could take the time to make Jules' scripts a little less cliche and the actress' lines a little more natural. I keep thinking that this must be intentionally bad, but I really can't find a reason to justify that. I'm losing patience with the whole thing!
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleo, could this possibly be proof that Jules isn't cannon? I find that difficult to believe since both Nikki and Bree referenced her. I guess the c's have either gotten lazy or irresponsible. Let's hope it's the former.
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Definitely Cannon Reply with quote

Yeah, she's definitely cannon. The creators wouldn't have two of their own characters thrust that kind of attention and criticism onto some kid who just made some fanfic videos. Plus, while they went for realism with the lighting, the editing is too good for a fanfic video. I wonder if they were trying to make it look like it was something they didn't make and just made a sloppy video in the process? It's unfortunate that the actress is getting all of the heat for that.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she's canon for sure but whether she's the new girl is an entirely different question.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Props Reply with quote

onsweetavenue wrote:
I think she's canon for sure but whether she's the new girl is an entirely different question.

Well said.
avibabyyx33
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should be the new girl!!

http://www.youtube.com/floraviolax33

so much better!
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flora has presence, that's for sure, but she exhibits none of the attributes that make her a candidate for the ceremony.
avibabyyx33
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you should suscribe to her. their have only been two videos, you never know what will come.
skeeta
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avibabyyx33 wrote:
this should be the new girl!!

http://www.youtube.com/floraviolax33

so much better!

hmm, i don't really like her. she doesn't have jules' monotone, which is a blessing, but she's boring. check out horrorlass, chrysplanet, or lucasambuca87
avibabyyx33
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shes boring? well what do u think would make her less boring?
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avibabyyx33 wrote:
shes boring? well what do u think would make her less boring?
Check out Horrorlass or lucasambuca. You'll get an example of what is catching the eye of the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: