Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sodium ThioPental

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulAndroid13
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Sodium ThioPental Reply with quote

If this is what was used on you guys, wow... that's scary. It's a form of Barbituate, which could easily have killed you. Whoever administered it must have been trained at least in it's usage. Injecting into the wrong area, even in small amounts, could leave parts of you paralyzed or otherwise disfunctional... permanently.

What it does is inhibit nerve function, and drops down the neurotransmitters in the 'higher brain'. In the past it was called a 'truth syrum' because lying is considered a higher brain function, where as the simple relay of information, the 'truth' as the subject sees it, is... not I guess. I guess lying takes imagination, which is definately a 'higher' brain function.

On the other hand... this leads to an interesting situation. This same substance has been used in the past to induce someone into a trance-like state where they can then relay the contents of suppressed memories. It is a higher brain function to subvert or deny that memories are present, so Sodium ThioPental would also allow an interviewer to coax those missing memories out of you.

Just a thought,
SoulAndroid13
anniid
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call!
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh... But let's not try it out. OK? We just got you three back from craziness. I, for one, don't want you back there any time soon.
mymindislost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you still need info, Sodium Thiopental was very recently written about on the Drugs and Poisons blog (don't even ask why I have that bookmarked... -_-).

Hope that's helpful.
Emmie
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could jump in and cite a psychology degree for a second or two...

One of the best methods of recall is using sensory memory to invoke a previous situation. For example, when studying for a test (something I gather none of you have had to do for awhile!), it can be helpful to wear a particular scent, and then to wear that scent again when taking the test. The sensory association with the study period can boost scores.

Similarly, it might be a good idea to do whatever you can to evoke the sensory memories of being captured - within reason. I'd be careful about injecting any drugs, but if you could do any of the following it might be helpful:

1. Return to the gas station
2. Go back to any foods, scents, or sounds you experienced just before the capture
3. Hate to say it, but I remember you guys doing some partying in Vegas - if you were under the influence at all when you were abducted, you might actually recall a little more if you had the same drinks (though tell that Beast to be careful with that now that he's on the wagon)
4. Seriously, ditch the hypnosis - you're right, it's not that valid.
5. If there's a way to safely - SAFELY use the Sodium ThioPental again, it might be worth pursuing, but it's not worth it if there's any risk. Once you were in the mindset you were in during your missing hours, you might recall more of what happened. But again, ONLY if you're careful!

Good luck, stay safe, and keep us posted.
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmie wrote:
2. Go back to any foods, scents, or sounds you experienced just before the capture
3. Hate to say it, but I remember you guys doing some partying in Vegas - if you were under the influence at all when you were abducted, you might actually recall a little more if you had the same drinks (though tell that Beast to be careful with that now that he's on the wagon)
Let's just let Jonas do the experimentation there, shall we?
Quote:
5. If there's a way to safely - SAFELY use the Sodium ThioPental again, it might be worth pursuing, but it's not worth it if there's any risk. Once you were in the mindset you were in during your missing hours, you might recall more of what happened. But again, ONLY if you're careful!
And fine to keep us posted, but don't upload from vegas! Wait until you get back to the bunker.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas, if you do use Sodium Thiopental, don't go mentioning it at all in your videos. A lot of us are at impressionable ages here and you are an attractive and charismatic person whose videos are watched by thousands of people. For you to say anything about taking drugs could have disastrous consquences for our ... lives, basically.

Personally, I'm totally (and rather unfashionably, it seems) against using drugs unless they're proper necessary, and prescribed by an experienced doctor. Even prescription drugs can screw up your life in myriad ways - why mess around with black market drugs?

Emmie: thanks for the other advice you gave, though, I'm going to try the perfumed exam revision thing!
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupaZer0 wrote:
Jonas, if you do use Sodium Thiopental, don't go mentioning it at all in your videos. A lot of us are at impressionable ages here and you are an attractive and charismatic person whose videos are watched by thousands of people. For you to say anything about taking drugs could have disastrous consequences for our ... lives, basically.
Personally, I'm totally (and rather unfashionably, it seems) against using drugs unless they're proper necessary, and prescribed by an experienced doctor. Even prescription drugs can screw up your life in myriad ways - why mess around with black market drugs?
Because I think it needed emphasis.
SoulAndroid13
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmie wrote:

One of the best methods of recall is using sensory memory to invoke a previous situation. For example, when studying for a test (something I gather none of you have had to do for awhile!), it can be helpful to wear a particular scent, and then to wear that scent again when taking the test. The sensory association with the study period can boost scores.

Similarly, it might be a good idea to do whatever you can to evoke the sensory memories of being captured - within reason. I'd be careful about injecting any drugs, but if you could do any of the following it might be helpful:

I agree. Jonas, you haven't been re-creating the event, you've been creating the aftermath. However:

6. There is a pre-cursor to the use of the Sodium ThioPental: Whatever drug was used to knock you out during the kidnapping. An interaction effect of the STP and the initial drug. Inhaling STP would be insanely lethal, so it has to be something else.

The reason your 'experiment' didn't work is because you didn't even re-create the situation really. Admittedly, you woke up in a tub, but your body was sensing the drugs and other contaminants, plus any senses like hunger or excitement. Those are more important than the sensation of waking up in a tub.
For the secret of Man's being is not only to live but to have something to live for. Without a stable conception of the object of life, man would not consent to go on living, and would rather destroy himself than remain on earth... –The Grand Inquisitor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: