Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need a domian?look here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: need a domian?look here Reply with quote

I'm offering one lucky fan fic a free website!!!!

Thats right free now you're thinking theres some strings attached well in a way there is in a way

The hosting will be servage and you get

a bit over 310 GB Web Space and unlimited POP3 mailboxes and more you can check it all out at servage.net

Now the deal is you submit to me why you think you should be chosen

You should try to include the number of average viewers/participants , some info about the fan fic, well you get the idea

It will be hosted for 14 months and I have all rights to the domain name and i will extend it another 14 months if it is still active

If you have any questions you can find my contact info in my profile

I know i left out a lot of stuff Thats why i encourage contacting me thro PM or a instant messaging system

Last edited by xentis on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hate to spoil his business venture, and get all the happy fan fic writers back to the ground, notice how...

• ...having him upload stuff means that, if he's away for the weekend, you can't change your site for three days (and that's only an example)
  • ...that ad-page actually says the server can have unlimited FTP accounts, so there's no technical reason not to let you upload stuff
  • ...most of the stuff he advertises, e.g. the POP3 e-mails, are not under your control if you don't get admin access
  • ..., most importantly, if you take this offer, and succeed in building up a glorious fan fic site, you do all the work, and, after 14 months, he kicks you out, and has your successful website with all its users - because the hosting is on his server, you do not have direct access to the webspace, and he controls the domain.

He has 229 posts, so I assume he is kind of a legitimate community member...but let me put it this way: If he had only one post, I'd consider this a scam.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok nvm then you can upload pages , I'm new to the whole web page thing and you don't need admin acess to get to emails

and i would renew it if it was active but if theres only like 10 unqiuies a day i probable y wouldn't but there would be a chance i would

and i wouldn't kick anyone out , unless some serious situation happened
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but you do need admin to set up mail addresses. What use are "unlimited POP3 accounts" if you can't set up a single one yourself?

What's the background of this anyway? What is your relation to the host, and for what purpose do you have such a big (read: massively, massively oversold) webhosting package?

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the super late reply

Well i can make them, and the only I use it because a firend of mine uses it and they "talked" me into it, i mostly got it because it would give them 25GB extra space and 2 free months and i get 25 extra GB

I'm doing this because I'm kind and just think that a fan fic deserves a website but i guess these days kindness makes people paranoid which I can understand in a way exceptionally when it is free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: