Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response #4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question about things I would have done differently will describe it in more detail
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
The question about things I would have done differently will describe it in more detail

*sitting tight and waiting*
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, and here I was hoping it was Faye that decided to kiss me. Wink

Seriously, you did a great job playing Maddy. Kudos!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I'm a little surprised you answered that question.

I was wrong, but I figured the real answer would be that it was you some of the time, and the actress some of the time, but it makes more sense that one person take care of it now that I think about it.

I was only in chat with Maddison there a couple of times... the one extended session was about trying to decrypt the message with the salt+water and there was a little prompting toward the solution asking us about cyphers, etc. that was a little revealing, shall we say, lol.

I bet you were screaming at the computer salt water ... NaCl H2O ..., yes Vignere, yes, ... come on people!
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was especially frustrating because there were multiple folks who claimed to already try NaClH2O. I was VERY afraid that the "Answer" was going to be dismissed and never returned to again.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had your back man. Just wish I had gone on chat straight from work and let you all know I was getting somewhere. It would've saved everyone from a couple of stressful hours and a lot of trouble. Sorry.

Btw, did you choose autokeyed vigenere without knowing of that plaintext attach, or was it an intentional backdoor for us wacky decrypters?
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
It was especially frustrating because there were multiple folks who claimed to already try NaClH2O. I was VERY afraid that the "Answer" was going to be dismissed and never returned to again.
I'm not sure about other people, but I was using the wrong type of Vignere to decode with here:
http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/index.php

There is "keyed Vignere" and "Vignere autokey."

I was trying to guess at passphrase + key solutions on the "keyed Vignere" page. I also tried a bunch of keys only on the "keyed Ceasar" page. I never tried "Vignere autokey." oops.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Btw, did you choose autokeyed vigenere without knowing of that plaintext attach, or was it an intentional backdoor for us wacky decrypters?

Yes, wacky decrypters need to know, was the use of the known-plaintext "hurry" a deliberate invite for cryptanalysis?
QtheC wrote:
I was trying to guess at passphrase + key solutions on the "keyed Vignere" page. I also tried a bunch of keys only on the "keyed Ceasar" page. I never tried "Vignere autokey." oops.

Me too. D'oh!
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
I had your back man. Just wish I had gone on chat straight from work and let you all know I was getting somewhere. It would've saved everyone from a couple of stressful hours and a lot of trouble. Sorry.

I was curious if you could decrypt it if you knew a word in the phrase. I figured there was a way, but I didn't know what it was. I did keep the "Hurry!" in on purpose, but I never thought it would be so that hard cores like yourself would be able to untangle the cipher manually

J
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well this doesnt make me any more or less wanting to have been in the chat... though i can understand some problem when many of you were in chat connecting to "maddi"
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, what happened with the nicks in chat? I obviously wasn't there. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: