Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum banner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadpool809
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Forum banner Reply with quote

I think the forum would look MUCH more distinct if you replaced the current phpbb (creating communities) image in the upper left with something a little more LG15 specific. You don't even have to change any code in phpbb to do this - all you have to do is create whatever image you would like, give it the same name (logo_phpBB.gif - you could make a smaller one too for your admin panel image), and overwrite it in the appropriate folder. I have done this with much success on my own forums, and it went a long way towards making my forums look much slicker and much more unique.

Just a thought Smile. The generic Php skins never bugged me so much - a forum is a forum, but your banner should at least be unique Smile.

That is all. Back to lurking!
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the work Raven and I have gotten ourselves into, I took this as an opportunity for a break Razz

I took a crack at it, anyway. It might not fit perfectly with this color scheme, but I figure it's best to keep the LG15 logos using that shade of blue, and it's pretty and stuff.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hodabes wrote:
With the work Raven and I have gotten ourselves into, I took this as an opportunity for a break Razz

I took a crack at it, anyway. It might not fit perfectly with this color scheme, but I figure it's best to keep the LG15 logos using that shade of blue, and it's pretty and stuff.

I like it, Hodabes! Anything to brighten up the forums--they're like second homes for many of us recently anyway!

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea
something to make this site more unquie
I think we should have different ones for different seasons maybe?
Mainly take the same design and change the colors
like orange+black for Halloween, red+green for x-mas, white+blue for winter, etc... etc... etc....

Taylor is Love; Sarah is Love; Spencer is Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Annabelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousegirl wrote:
That is a great idea
like orange+black for Halloween, red+green for x-mas, white+blue for winter, etc... etc... etc....

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think there's any way that this series is going to reach Christmas.. I think it's going to end probably in the next week, in fact.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks fantastic! The font is a little cut off at the base, but if you can fix that we'll put it up. Let Terryfic know and if he doesn't have enough permissions to do it, then I will. THANKS! Sweet...
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, weird. There must have been a terrible accident in my image editing program that day. I re-uploaded, so it's all good now homey.
Annabelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad is it that a new banner is the most exciting thing to happen around here? And it's already 1:31 the 13th where I am!

Well, they still have two and a half hours until midnight, their time.. There's hope.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabelle wrote:
mousegirl wrote:
That is a great idea

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think there's any way that this series is going to reach Christmas.. I think it's going to end probably in the next week, in fact.

Actually, hating to burst you bubble (what a silly saying), the series is contracted for 6 months. Which is about June through November or early December.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: