Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
omg!!!! GREAT QUESTION!!!! JER! were you lurking after the last vid was posted to see our reactions?! I kept trying to figure out who could be you but never really got anywhere - part of me didn't want to know, to be honest...but now i do! because the reaction was crazy. The absolute best was the night of the 25th when Maddison finally TIMED OUT and we all PHREAK'D the f**k OUT.

hilarity, in hindsight.

hahaha yeah that was great Very Happy
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I only just realized the timing of Maddison Atkins, and the relationship with the LG15 creators...

Jeromy said that he'd been working on Maddison Atkins, and came up with the first script, the plot, etc. the weekend before the first video. Well the video came out on April 11th, which means that the brainstorm happened on April 7th-8th.

What happened in the LG15 world right before then? Oh yes, the whole OpAPHID collapse, and announcement by the Creators that they were looking for a new PM. Checking the timing, they didn't announce that there wasn't going to be an official LG15 ARG until this post on April 12th.

So the feedback that Jeromy was looking for from the LG15 creators may have been "send us your resume". I dare say "we've decided not to have an official LG15 ARG" may not have been what he was looking for.

This is, of course, all just in my head and may have nothing to do with reality.
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observation.

On an aside, I did send my resume to the creators way before Maddison Atkins.

J
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
Good observation.

Hmm, perhaps I am more reality-based than I thought Smile
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh.

okay so whatever, the whole opaphid thing collapsed - and in my opinion the creators are crazy to not have an official arg.

the creators have to take a fucking enema and get whatever's stuck up there out, and get it through their heads that they need MORE PEOPLE working with them.

And then they just have to look around and see those people.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they'll have an ARG later. I imagine that they were concerned with getting some of the essentials in order (new actors, a new plot direction, etc.) when the fallout happened.

While they could definitely use more people, they might be wanting to focus them elsewhere for the time being.

I'm sure another thing they're doing, though, is counting the numbers. As consuming as the ARGs have been for some of us, I bet it's not even 1% of the entire audience who participated - which is a shame, really. Most of us just suck at it, though (me included).

Didn't stop me from loving the characters or story at all, though. Even if I didn't always understand how things were figured out.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true. i know. we're a small part of the audience. Sad

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to post this but since it relates to the profitability of online shows, and since that subject came up in this answer to this question, I will post it here.

National Public Radio had a story today about the future of online video programs, according to the story, it is a new phenomena, with many big money players jumping into the business.

Exploring TV's Takeoff on the Internet

"People are already calling 2007 the year of Internet television"

Here is a link to the story.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10094272
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: