Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't feel guilty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Don't feel guilty Reply with quote

Gosh, Jonas, they're your parents! We've been a little perplexed that you haven't looked into this before. Don't feel guilty about wanting to know what happened to them--what is happening to them. Go where your heart leads you. You should know we'll support your decision, whatever it is.
HeartofSorrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: I whole heartedly agree. Reply with quote

Jonas man I agree with sack36. You shouldn't feel guilty about wanting to find your parents. You've been through a whole lot with Bree and Daniel. You are not being selfish about wanting to find them. You're a good man, Jonas. We'll back you up no matter what.

If you need help ask Bree for the riddle I sent her. I'll gladly give you a hint to the answer.
sarahsnotebook
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to feel like you are selfish for wanting to go home, try to find your parents, and get on with your life. I don't blame you at all for being tired of this situation. I never thought they should have kidnapped Julia. The whole thing is foolish.

I have a soft spot for Bree because we've been through a lot of the same things. However, she's both lucky and unlucky to have you guys. Lucky in that she she has your support, unlucky in she's been saved from really having to hit survival mode. She still thinks she can save the world from the Order, when she'd be better off just trying to find a way to start over.

I'd be really sorry to see you go, but I wouldn't blame you either. You've put so much time, money, and energy into this thing, all for a girl you barely know. It's not selfish to decide you need to take care of yourself. You are a very kind person to do what you've done for Bree, but you still need to think of yourself.

Hang in there, man.

every body is a book of blood. whenever we're opened, we're red.
~clive barker
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarahsnotebook wrote:
I'd be really sorry to see you go, but I wouldn't blame you either. You've put so much time, money, and energy into this thing, all for a girl you barely know. It's not selfish to decide you need to take care of yourself. You are a very kind person to do what you've done for Bree, but you still need to think of yourself.

Hang in there, man.

Keep in mind, Jonas, you don't have to get rid of us just because you part from Bree and Daniel. We'll still be here at the end of a video blog, just waiting to cheer you on and give you what support we can. We're not going anywhere. You're our friend, too.
ladysolitary85
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas, I know exactly how you feel... contact me I'll tell you my story. Maybe it'll help you in your situation.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is a private video, none of our characters that exist in Jonas' universe actually saw it, but if he could read our responses, this is what I'd say:

I don't fault you for feeling doubt and despair, Jonas. It's one of the things that makes us human. And even taking on the role of Bruce Wayne doesn't mean you shouldn't think about where your heart lay at times. As I was musing over this earlier, I had to listen to "Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five for Fighting. What they said is true: "Even heroes have the right to dream."

However, I really wouldn't support you if you took off. You're as much a part of this as Daniel and Bree are, and - in all honesty - you needed to consider this sort of thing before making yourself a headache for the Order again. I mean it, man. The moment you decided to drive halfway across the country, you were putting yourself back in the line of fire, and you should have been prepared to sacrifice it all. That's what it would possibly take.

Whether you wanted to or not, you've made Jules the center of your world for the time being. Unlike your parents, who may or may not really be out there, Jules is someone who is right in front of you and needs your help. She's also an innocent kid who didn't ask to be in this situation. At the very least, your parents asked for theirs. And you've asked for yours.

To back out of it would be to make a lot be for nothing, and to abandon an innocent. I believe you're made of better stuff than that.

Last edited by Lurker on Fri May 11, 2007 1:39 am; edited 3 times in total
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since this is a private video, none of our characters that exist in Jonas' universe actually saw it, but if he could read our responses, this is what I'd say:

OK, I'm officially confused. If it wasn't supposed to be private to us and not the Order, why did he post it at all? If it was supposed to be a log entry, why didn't he just say log entry? That's what the Order did. If it was supposed to be to somebody specific and not us, why doesn't it say who it is to? When the creators explained it, that was how I understood it.

His first words in the video are, "OK, I've got to be honest with everyone right now."
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
Quote:

OK, I'm officially confused. If it wasn't supposed to be private to us and not the Order, why did he post it at all? If it was supposed to be a log entry, why didn't he just say log entry? That's what the Order did. If it was supposed to be to somebody specific and not us, why doesn't it say who it is to? When the creators explained it, that was how I understood it.

His first words in the video are, "OK, I've got to be honest with everyone right now."

Well, how would he make a private video to us, but not the Order? BD&J shouldn't have their own means of communicating with us that lay outside this forum or sites like YouTube and myspace. We're just a bunch of common people on a website that's accessible to anyone.

Also, at the time that the Creators came up with this idea, they still had OpAPHID, so they had a plausible method for good guys to be transmitting messages to one another. The example they gave was this:

"Daniel sends a private transmission (to no one) saying the he loves Bree. You can't tell her. Tachyon sends a private transmission to Bree telling her how to take down Oppy. You can't warn Oppy."

Once they lost characters like Tachyon, there really was no one for the main characters to be communicating with by way of private transmission. I assumed those kinds of private transmissions (had they ever come) would have been identifiable by way of the character addressing it to another character, and while Jonas does seem to be addressing us here, there's no known or plausible method for us to see this video without the Order seeing it too.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
sack36 wrote:
Quote:

Well, how would he make a private video to us, but not the Order? BD&J shouldn't have their own means of communicating with us that lay outside this forum or sites like YouTube and myspace. We're just a bunch of common people on a website that's accessible to anyone.

Also, at the time that the Creators came up with this idea, they still had OpAPHID, so they had a plausible method for good guys to be transmitting messages to one another. The example they gave was this:

"Daniel sends a private transmission (to no one) saying the he loves Bree. You can't tell her. Tachyon sends a private transmission to Bree telling her how to take down Oppy. You can't warn Oppy."

Once they lost characters like Tachyon, there really was no one for the main characters to be communicating with by way of private transmission. I assumed those kinds of private transmissions (had they ever come) would have been identifiable by way of the character addressing it to another character, and while Jonas does seem to be addressing us here, there's no known or plausible method for us to see this video without the Order seeing it too.

That example is inclusive, not exclusive.

It certainly seems plausible to me that a person that has had your ID on his comment board for the las--(how long have you been watching?) however long--could send a PM to all of them.

Saying it in the video is supposed to be canon, right? He says, "everyone".
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

Honey, you're the only one who's thinking straight right now. The thing with Jules is a bust no matter how you look at it. I think you deserve to go and search for your parents, and Bree and Daniel should help you just like you've helped them.

Take care of yourself, you deserve it.

TRD
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
That example is inclusive, not exclusive.

Which one?

sack36 wrote:
It certainly seems plausible to me that a person that has had your ID on his comment board for the las--(how long have you been watching?) however long--could send a PM to all of them.

But the site supposedly functions the same in both their universe and ours - and even if it didn't, the Order should be able to hack in. Maybe they even have their own accounts here from months ago (I would).

sack36 wrote:
Saying it in the video is supposed to be canon, right? He says, "everyone".

Yes, but then there's the way the concept was described, and the fact that there's really nothing about this vid that separates it from the ones marked "public" in any obvious way.

Also, there'd really have to be an explanation for who is included in "private" and how that's achieved, wouldn't there?

Last edited by Lurker on Fri May 11, 2007 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of Character

Here is my take on the private status.

This is a private video directed at us, the fans. It is a private video that only fans can see. The only person who can understand comments about it is Jonas. No other character will understand any comments about the video, because they can't see it.

Look at this vid as a private communication between Jonas and a roomful of us.

I hope that is correct.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how could that happen? Agh, I hate when something doesn't make sense.

How would we even know when we're supposed to think it's addressed to us and not just the personal musings of the character? Brick wall
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
But how could that happen? Agh, I hate when something doesn't make sense.

How would we even know when we're supposed to think it's addressed to us and not just the personal musings of the character? Brick wall

Out of Character

Well, I know the feeling. It's as if a group of us were gathered together to receive the private video as a transmission meant specifically for us, and for no one else.

It's kind of like "For Your Eyes Only."

Let's just roll with it, man! It could be fun!
sarahsnotebook
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepping out of character for a second. . .

Okay, can someone tell me where it says this is a private video? It doesn't say that in the description, which is why I felt like I could make an in-character post directed at Jonas. I just checked the videos on both youtube and the main LG site and I don't see anything in the video or description that tells me that it's private--it appears to be a labeled as "Status: PUBLIC VIDEO".

Am I missing something? Question

every body is a book of blood. whenever we're opened, we're red.
~clive barker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: